Baltimore, MD

Posted April 03, 2015
Im really sad that I'm writing this review. My son was in second grade last year and had four different teachers by the end of the school year and two of them left crying because of how bad the students were and i guess lack of experience. This year he is in third grade and another one of his teachers just left and they still have not found a replacement. There is one good put, the iep team has been helpful. I could really go on and on about how bad the school is but i will just say one last thing i really wish they would get some good teachers who care and are more experienced not that all of them are bad, and they need a new administration team because you can tell that they are tired and don't really care.

Posted July 22, 2014
This school couldn't be more backwards. The office staff is very lazy with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 helpful individuals. They were short staffed on teachers for the entire year in 13-14 school year for the poor 2nd graders. They had no stability. I can't fully blame the teachers because the children are so out of order I couldn't imagine wanting to teach there. You have a school of teenagers able to run the same halls as babies. Children are reporting that teachers, staff and lunch aides are mean and cussing. I've heard teachers are getting the children to quiet down in class by turning fans off in an already improperly weather conditioned school. The incidents that take place at this school are unbelievable. This is the school where the 16yr old posed as a police officer. None of this is an exaggeration. This school should be on some sort of probation to get their act together before they lose the handful of good teachers that they do have or lose funding altogether.... It's really THAT BAD.

Posted July 14, 2014
I taught at Beechfield. What I like about this school are the extremely dedicated staff members. Many of the students here are also incredible. What I dislike about this school is most of its administration. There is a very concerning deficit of knowledge and experience about how to best run a school. Beechfield has successfully taken everything fun and developmentally appropriate out of school. Children here don't get opportunities to play (not even in kindergarten usually) or develop their social skills. They don't get hands on learning opportunities. They're not even supposed to talk during lunch, which means they get to sit in their seats for 6 hours a day without talking. Not surprisingly, this leads to serious behavior problems, even in the younger grades. First and second graders regularly run out of their classrooms. Middle schoolers do what they want (running the halls, food fights, etc.). There is little to no incentive for students to "choose the right". There are minimal behavior consequences. Teachers are blamed for any and all problems. This school has a lot of potential but good teachers are being stifled and driven out by a weak and controlling administration.

Posted December 04, 2013
This school should be torn down and start from scratch again. The principal Ms. Browning is very rude and ghetto, she never returns your calls, nor does she ever have time to communicate with anyone. The office staff is very lazy. One time I had to actually write down my own message, in which I asked her could she give the principal a message for me because I needed to speak with the principal who was not available again as usual. The teachers they just work to get a paycheck, not all of them, but the majority of them. A lot of the students they're from various locations , Cherry hill , Edmondson Village ,Westside Shopping Center area,and Park heights. That's why the school is so disruptive now because of other students coming from other neighborhoods. Then having Middle and Elementary doesn't help at all either. Bottom line, this school is terrible especially since Browning entered the building. When the other principal was there it wasn't this bad with the students. The students now are so disrespectful and completely out of order even with the school police in the building,all he does is flirt with the office staff and the teachers .

Beechfield Elementary School

Posted March 16, 2010
I think Beechfield is doin its best considering all the kids they have. My daughter is in the 4th grade this year and she has her same teacher she had for the 3rd grade and Ms. Richardson doesnt play!! She is very firm with her students but she has alot of fun with them. I just wish this schools discipline policy gets better because some of the kids desereve severe consequences.

Posted March 02, 2010
My Son has been attending Beechfield unfortunately for the last 3 years. With each year it has become a constant uphill battle. From teachers who yell and scream at the kids. To priciples who are constantly changing with the wind. It is very frustrating as a parent when you are doing everything on your part. Only to be met by some teachers who only want to help out the kids they deem worthy of the help! I just wish that the kids in Baltimore City Public Schools would get the same caliber of teaching as the surrounding counties in the state!!!

Beechfield Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2009
I can't believe this school is rated only 2 out of 10. I think it's doing great.

Posted August 07, 2008
For the 2nd largest elementary school in Baltimore, Beechfield does okay. The teachers are all pretty good, with the exception of a few, but the principals have changed so often that it's hard to keep everyone on the same page. The school lacks discipline and with pre-k through 8th graders, that is extremely important. With yet, another principal this year, we will see what this year has in store. I hope it will be a better one than last year.

Posted November 09, 2006
I think that Beechfield Beavers are high achievers! The teachers are dedicated and work long hours so that the children benefit. Our test scores leave a little to be desired, but the school is making progress. The cafeteria is crazy at times, but the teachers keep things in pretty good order.

Posted May 31, 2006
My three children currently attend this school and I have mixed reviews. For the 4th and 5th graders I think the school band is a great activity to help keep the children motivated! I am also very pleased with Mr. Small - 5th grade teacher! Best Friends and Best Men is also an excellent program. However, I do feel our school lacks the appropriate leadership necessary to really guide the children in the right direction. I am certain we need a new administration!

Beechfield Elementary School
301 South Beechfield Ave, Baltimore, MD  21229
Last modified Beechfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beechfield Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top