Baltimore, MD

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 5

Posted December 18, 2013
I can't argue with the reviews that appear before this one chronologically. However, I can say that with a change of administration, and a near-complete turnover of teaching staff, Ben Franklin has come a VERY long way over the last two years. The school is being renovated and looks much better, behavioral incidents are far below previous levels in both frequency and intensity, and there's a level of pride in there that I haven't seen in years. BFHS is now offering AP courses to students and both the test scores and the graduation rate is up. If you're into sports, there are lots of teams you can join. BFHS is a school that works very hard to customize the education to the student rather than the other way around. Definitely a school worth considering.

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 1

Posted September 11, 2008

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 0

Posted November 26, 2005
I feel as a parent with a special ed student that the IEP Team need to stick to what they put in place for the student. If a child need a one one person the child should not have to share his or her one on one person with the other children who have a one on one. The children at this school share one one on one person, that's not fair to the student or the teacher the teacher can only do but so much if 12 children need a one on one then have 12 one on in the classroom divide up the 12 student into and give them a special teacher who can help them. that will cut down on safety and discipline.

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 4

Posted August 24, 2005
- a former student
this school is not as bad as the other people make it out to be. I went to this school from 2002-2004 and the teachers there were great they helped me get into a great highschool im in now. Yes, the school has fights, but what school doesn't? The school could use better custodians because it is a dirty place but the education is a good as any other in the city of baltimore.

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 2

Posted January 02, 2005
I went there for the 97-98 school year. this school was terrible and I'm sure it got alot worse. I was forced to start a fight or be in one just about everyday .I can remember a couple days I had to go to school with a miniature bat in my bookbag because of problems I had with the students and of course the staff was no where to be found. I think that school should have been shut down a long time ago but still managed to get honor roll. the only thing I have good to say is the principal they had was great.

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 2

Posted June 07, 2004
In my opinion, It saddens me to visit this school. Although the staff handles their emotional stress well, Some of the teachers do not. Some students use frequent fowl language.They are Disorderly. Some of the teachers show immature reactions to situations. Using fowl language along with arguements with students. Stress related encounters with the students seem to me as if the teachers are time bombs waiting to explode. School police with walkie talkies roam the halls. Frequent fighting on school grounds.

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove 1

Posted April 18, 2004
I can not believe the state this school is in. I would rather try to homeschool my children, then send to this school. I really believe there is no use sending my children to a school that has no strength within. Benjamin Franklin Junior High School has become a place were children go to become victims to a lost community.

Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove
1201 Cambria St, Baltimore, MD  21225
Last modified Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin High School @ Masonville Cove Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top