Posted May 19, 2014
This is a great school. Prior posts seem to be about an angry parent who is using this to vent. Poor taste and professionalism in my book. My son is in Middle School and is learning a ton. He is taking Algebra 1 in 7th grade, is writing research papers, and is well ahead of those in public schools. The school teachers respect and lives by its Philosophy of Honor. This is a great school.

Calverton Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted May 03, 2014
Calverton Middle is unfit for any grade. The teachers don't want to teach the children, kids are being bullied. If the child goes to the teacher, he or she tells the child to sit down, and does nothing about it. The principal yells about everything. They can call you to tell you, your child didn't come to school that day, or if your child is not prepared for school. They won't tell you that your child is being bullied. There is no gym for the children, get on cell phones and ipods, chew gum, and have to bring their own toilet paper.

Posted March 28, 2010
What a phenominal turn around. My son went to Calverton 6 years ago and it was not a positive learning environment. Today I went to see my daughter who is is the 7th grade and the halls were quiet, teachers were teaching, and students were engaged in every class that I walked by. I think Ms. Green is doing an amazing job as the new principal and I am so happy with what Calverton has become under her leadership and with such positive and exciting teachers!

Posted March 28, 2010

Posted March 25, 2010
Violent school, teachers who do not care and students with zero home support

Posted March 09, 2010
i have a child who attends Calverton Elementary. Who loves Mrs. Easley the elementary secretary she is a very love able person who keeps my child in order. but over all the school is great and my child will stay until she finish elem. and go up to middle school. And the new Principal is great also Ms. Green and Mr. Smith aisst. principal. i love them and so does my daugther. Thanks a parent

Calverton Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted November 11, 2009
i have 2 children who attend this school and my oldest who is now in the 8th grade is doing remarkable in all of her classes. all of the teachers really show support and concern about the students. this school is most definately coming to a turning point.

Posted August 03, 2009
I really love this school the year is 2009 and is my last year at calverton i'm in the 8th grade this year and is very excited. The teachers there are great! and the principle ms.Green is wonderful i really love her. My 3years at calverton middle school has been wonderful they have really taught me everything i need to know in order to make it to and in high school, i want to thank them so much for corroporating with me and baring with me when i needed help.'Thank you calverton staff!'

Calverton Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted June 12, 2009
I taught at Calverton for 2 years and working with the kids there has been such a rewarding experience. The best part about the school is the kids. However, things are very disorganized. and The administration is not very supportive at all towards their teachers. Materials are scarce. Also, the overall climate of the school is pretty tense, and I daresay, unprofessional. I do not think that the best examples are set for teachers or the students from an administrative level. The school has gotten better, but still needs to kick it up a notch. This school is data driven-but Character education needs to be brought back and taught thoroughly to these students.

Posted May 28, 2009
My child attends this school, and I am more pleased than I have ever been before. The new leader of teh school are wonderful. The principal is kind, fair, honest and truly loves the students. I have never had a principal that tells children and teachers that she loves them, and means it. I think everyone should know how great the teachers are, and how much improvements have been made in this school. I hd the option to move my child to a 'better charter' school, and kept my child right where she was. The school is excellent, and people should go in to visit before they say or assume anything negative.

Calverton Elementary/Middle School
1100 Whitmore Ave, Baltimore, MD  21216
Last modified Calverton Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calverton Elementary/Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.