Bad
Good

First let me say Meade HS consists of two different schools. The "regular" school which is average to below average and the IB program which is very strong. I would only let my child matriculate at Meade if they were definitely participating in the IB program. The caliber of teacher is higher for the IB program and theyre more involved and dedicated. Also theyre less taxed with behavioral problems so they can effectively teach. This year one of the IB students graduated and is going to HARVARD UNIVERSITY!! So this tells you the quality of instruction at Meade (on the IB level). So the moral of this post is...if your child wants a quality education it can be found at Meade...but in the IB program. Also the principal John Yore is top notch...he cares and is working tirelessly to improve the climate at Meade HS. He is not to blame for Meade's problems...He inherited this school.

IM an alumni of the class of 89. i had plenty of fun times at CARVER , had plenty of fun teachers, but cant truly say i was prepared well for college . CARVER focuses more on trade and less on college prep, and in todays world that could be a huge mis-step. TRADE CAREERS are no longer as gainful as they once were. CARVER assumes that your not COLLEGE material. SO they educate you as such. ALOT of my family attended CARVER, and thats pretty much why i went....HOWEVER...im proud to say my children will not be attending CARVER.....SHOUT OUT TO THE CLASS OF 89......WHAT ?

What can a parent say that sets high expectations for their children? I am a mother of 5 and have 3 students that graduated from the BCPSS. My fourth daughter attends Carver, her 9th grade year I have to say that I was really concerned about keeping her there. However I didn't want to teach her to run when times were tough because tough times don't last tough people do. That being said, my daughter will be a senior this year and the past 3 years were worth the sacrifice of enduring the first year. This school has EXCELLENT instuctors and administrators that really care about your child like Mr. G., Mr. Mains, Ms. Eley and the dynamic Principal Sykes. Ms Eley has a nurturing heart she goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to the children. Mr Sykes has done a phenomenal job with renewing the vision for the school and implementing strategies for success! I would encourage alumni to go back and visit, the atmosphere will make you want to relive your high school experience. By the way parents: Teachers are not afraid to call your home and give a good report.

This is the worst school any child could ever go to , The staff is rude , The kids fight , Its dirty , The school kids have no respect for each other , As a student of Carver I do not recommend it to anyone , The school that i will be attending next year will be the Baltimore School For The Arts . Where Everything is what A great school Should look like .

As a former employee, I fully appreciate how wonderful the staff and students were.Presetly I started working at another school which is so different. The staff and students have an unparalleled level of respect for each other. The atmosphere felt like we were a family. It was an honor to be a part of this amazing school. Even when there wasn't a scheduled daily morning staff meeting for the second floor, we all ended up in our usual meeting place anyway, problem solving and brainstorming how to help students. I can only hope that my future children will have teachers that care as much as the staff does here.

In my opinion I believe Carver Vo-Tech is a great school. This school was my first choice and I am becoming a senior the following year. Saying that, Carver is a excellent school choice if i lasted this long. Of course there will be problems with the teacher and sudent behavior because its high school. No high school is perfectly perfect. So dont critisize Carver Vo-Tech if you have not personally experienced whats inside Carver walls or been in a high school where it is keeply drama free.

I very concern parent and took my child out of this . the fight, bomb threat, fire , and the rude staff. How is my child suppose to learn and the head has no structure. i truley miss the old principle and staff. the ceo need to check this school out some time and parent also.

The school is great, the teachers are fine and really smart. The school is getting fully renovated and remodled so it's looking way better. I just have a problem with some of the students there, it's not the teachers fault that unruly students disrupt the lessons andthe teachers do there job. Only thing I hate is that the school focuses on sports . I also feel that Carver needs more up to date lessons; The are just getting into other languages instead of spanish, and they have no standardized calculus class or drama.

I am an alumni of Carver and to say the most I love that during my time thereand I still do.

i love this school i am a freshmen this year and they was my first choice and the accepted me i am so happy

Last modified Carver Vocational-Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.