Baltimore, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted February 05, 2014
I have one kid going there since kindergarten, second will join next year. I only have admiration and praise, for doing so much with limited resources. The school made great progress since getting Middle States Accreditation (MSA) 2010. They had a new Cafeteria manager, hired a nurse and athletic director. The new Principal, who joined this year, transitioned very well and is very passionate about students. All teachers are qualified as required by MSA accreditation board. They are dedicated and caring and go beyond to provide the very best. All of their high school graduates were accepted at good universities. To the couple of bad reviews below, I feel sorry it did not meet your expectations and I hope things are better for you. My advice is to seriously evaluate why you want to send your kids there? For me, I knew I was not sending my kid to Friends or McDonough, nor I am paying anywhere near their fees! I was not comfortable exposing my kid to the public school environment. I am grateful Al-Rahmah provided me an opportunity I want. If you are looking for a private school which teaches academic excellence in an Islamic environment, Al-Rahmah is the place to go!

Posted October 09, 2013
I would give 0(zero) points to this school, moved from Howard County to Baltimore just to give Islamic environment to my son.The school is horribly unorganized, teacher s qualification and teaching quality is very low.I can't understand other revive its good.bad bad bad.....!

Posted August 12, 2013
both my kids go there.the school has no nurse on duty.they have no school counselor they are so disorganized .they hire teachers with no degrees as long as they pay them less .and our kids get hurt @ the end.it cost me $ 1000 this summer for math tutoring bcause my daughters teacher did not know what she was doing.anyway.the only good thing is that they keep kids within islamic environment.

Posted September 18, 2012
I attended the high school graduation ceremony this year, and the feedback from graduating class brought tears to my eyes! This school is a blessing for the community!!! This is my daughters 5th year going to Al Rahmah and she absolutely loves it! This is a phenomenal school with a nurturing environment and friendly staff. Kids learn academics in a fun environment and are imbibed with Islamic values at an early age. (Academics + Islamic values = nothig more to ask!) Hate to admit, my daughter knows more surahs than me and tops her class in Math and Reading. I don't know why the other parent had such negative to say, if his/her daughter came from a public school to join middle school then major adjustments are expected! They are worlds apart! As for the class size and weight of the bags, I don't know if its negative or positive? - Few bright spots - Nurturing environment Great leadership from the principal Kids are from a diverse backgrounds, learn tolerance early on Qualified teachers from diverse backgrounds Accreditation from Middle States for high school for 10 years (this alone would earn 5-stars!) Excellent PTSA BTW, Check out the new school website! Its awesome!!!

Posted December 25, 2011
I would give 0(zero) points to this school, we have moved from Howard County to Baltimore just to give Islamic environment to my daughters. Currently my daughter goes to middle school and having so many problems to understand the system from many months, she is not able to get along with her classmates and teachers. The school is horribly unorganized, teacher s qualification and teaching quality is very low, and my daughter has gone from being an honor roll student to a grade D. Kids have to carry heavy bags every single day to each class room all day long and classrooms are extremely small. I would recommend parents to do lot research before registering their kids to this school.

Posted September 28, 2011
3 of my kids go to ar-rahma school. I love it. My kids get excellent environment. 99% kids are serious and very well behaved. The school is improving a lot and is being recognized.

Posted January 20, 2011
Great apply for the 8th grade. Great teacher, students and programs. Also, kids are treated equally no bulling and very well organized

Posted October 07, 2010
My son is in first grade and completed KG in Al-Rahmah as well. His experience-and mine-far surpassed our expectations. His teacher was phenomenal. As a bilingual student, he went in not even knowing his alphabet straight. He finished KG as one of the best readers in his class. He is thriving and making a diverse set of friends-this is perhaps one of the greatest attributes of the school. The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools team, who accredited Al-Rahmah for Middle School in 2010 (the process of which I was a part) personally told me how impressed they were with the school-both academically and culturally, and confided in me that it ranked higher than most schools they'd personally seen in this regard. Parents need to understand that exceptional schools become that way when parents themselves get involved. The staff is receptive to all concerns and works with parents.

Posted April 19, 2010

Al-Rahmah School 0

Posted March 29, 2010
This school was wonderful two years ago but now it has gotten worse over time. The elementary is great but not the middle school. Ever since new teachers were hired replacing the old teachers ,the middle school has declined in being a success. They are just hiring everyone that asked and those who are not even qualified. All the students are getting hurt in terms of education. Not that many students got accepted to public high schooIs of their choice because of their grades. I know parents want to put their kids in an Islamic environment but if their education is bad why would you even try. why would parents want to hurt their children's life in being successful people. To me it is funny that they are starting to build a high school when their middle school is not stable.They should make their middle school stronger first

Al-Rahmah School