Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 24, 2016
The school is far from fair to its students. With outdated books and teachers who socialize with students and do not teach... this school hinders it's Students. The teachers are unprofessional and the principal can never be reached. The faculty are less than smart for lack of better words.

Baltimore IT Academy 2

Posted January 24, 2016
I went to this school when ithe was chinquapin Middle 2001-2003 and after reviewing the ratings not much has changed. It was a horrible school that lacked leadership. I moved to Baltimore from New York State. The curriculum was at minimum 2 years behind grade level. The books we were given to read, I had already read. The classwork was an insult to my intelligence and the teachers or "baby sitters" were a waste of my parents tax dollars. there was no structure. I've never witness students cures at teachers, fight on a regular basis and nothing done about it. Long story short Thank God I went on to Poly, Morgan State, and earned my Graduate Degree from the University of Maryland. It was inspite of this horrible school NOT because of it!

Posted February 07, 2015
I'm late giving this review since my son is no longer a student at BIT and hasn't been for awhile. I wish I didn't have to give the school any stars because it's a horrible environment for any child to be in. We were given a song and dance about how wonderful the school will be, but it was never spectacular. We moved to the county from the city thankfully. In the process of his records being transferred, I was informed by his new school that they did not receive his IEP information. When I called the school, the secretary advised me that there were many changes and the person in charge of the IEP team lost many records. I called North Ave right away to advise of this and within 5 mins the principal called me from BIT to say they were on it. We never received his documents. I went in person a week after my calls were not being returned and was shocked to see police picking up students from local juvenile institutions to attend classes. There were many students roaming the halls being destructive. While my son attended, he was the victim of bullying and physical attacks. He has never had a negative experience yet in the county. Horrible school!

Posted December 11, 2014
This school is HORRIBLE!! My son tested into gifted and talented and he always loved school. His first report card was all " f's". I was told my son was given all 11th grade courses and if he was given his correct courses for 6th grade he would have all A's. He also said that the teachers did not understand the curriculum and had a hard time delivering the information to the students. I contacted the board of education and was informed they were in the process of getting a new principal and teachers. When I would walk in to the building the teachers didn't acknowledge my presence and the students were behaving as though they were in juvenile detention. The new principal informed me that some teachers quit and gave students failing grades but didn't have any work to show why the students received those grades and that she would change the grades to an 85%. my son wanted to go to poly. He may not because they use 7th and 8th grade and Terra nova scores. The principal never changed his grade so his report still showed failing. The one and only teacher that responded to my requests for a conference showed me his grades and nothing was less than a 90%. Yet she gave him an "F".

Baltimore IT Academy 4

Posted November 12, 2012
hope this school will,this schoo 2012-2013l year open to next leve,namely 9th gradegreat special ed program

Baltimore IT Academy 5

Posted August 19, 2012
The interest the principal and teachers show in wanting the kids to excel is excellent. if you are an unruly kid or parent(s) of an unruly kid this is not the place for you. Chinquapin middle school was a nightmare and if anyone, parent or child would like this school to come back in existence, maybe you were a part of the problem. My son is in the 6th grade and he's very happy with the safety of this school, if Chinquapin middle was still around my son would under no circumstances be attending. The staff being foreigners have absolutely nothing to do with learning and excelling.

Posted November 22, 2011
This school is now called baltimore it academy this school is awful I hate it with a passion. This school should fire all the foriegn teachers because and some of the american teachers. Please someone help this school or change it back to chinquapin because it need severe help. I am an 8th grader here and I hate it if you ask anyone that goes here if they like it they will say no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 02, 2011
This school is now called Baltimore IT Academy. This school is HORRIBLE. The teachers can not handle these urban kids. The school is out of control and funding for this should be ceased immediately. Also they have a lot of foreign teachers who are unable to control the classes.

Baltimore IT Academy 4

Posted September 07, 2009
I was a student at Chinquapin all 3 year of my school middle time.06-09.As we had ups and down what school doesn't.We excelled too a best ability and more.A job well done too Chinquapin staff for getting me where i am at now,

Posted May 12, 2009
This is a fantastic school with many academic accomplishments in the past two years. My child is happy and having a very successful school year in the sixth grade. Progress is being made in many areas. We need more parental support to get the word out that this is one of the best middle schools in Baltimore city. With more parent involvement we can make greater improvements. The community needs the support of everyone.

900 Woodbourne Ave, Baltimore, MD  21212