Posted December 11, 2014
This school is HORRIBLE!! My son tested into gifted and talented and he always loved school. His first report card was all " f's". I was told my son was given all 11th grade courses and if he was given his correct courses for 6th grade he would have all A's. He also said that the teachers did not understand the curriculum and had a hard time delivering the information to the students. I contacted the board of education and was informed they were in the process of getting a new principal and teachers. When I would walk in to the building the teachers didn't acknowledge my presence and the students were behaving as though they were in juvenile detention. The new principal informed me that some teachers quit and gave students failing grades but didn't have any work to show why the students received those grades and that she would change the grades to an 85%. my son wanted to go to poly. He may not because they use 7th and 8th grade and Terra nova scores. The principal never changed his grade so his report still showed failing. The one and only teacher that responded to my requests for a conference showed me his grades and nothing was less than a 90%. Yet she gave him an "F".

Baltimore IT Academy 4

Posted November 12, 2012
hope this school will,this schoo 2012-2013l year open to next leve,namely 9th gradegreat special ed program

Baltimore IT Academy 5

Posted August 19, 2012
The interest the principal and teachers show in wanting the kids to excel is excellent. if you are an unruly kid or parent(s) of an unruly kid this is not the place for you. Chinquapin middle school was a nightmare and if anyone, parent or child would like this school to come back in existence, maybe you were a part of the problem. My son is in the 6th grade and he's very happy with the safety of this school, if Chinquapin middle was still around my son would under no circumstances be attending. The staff being foreigners have absolutely nothing to do with learning and excelling.

Posted November 22, 2011
This school is now called baltimore it academy this school is awful I hate it with a passion. This school should fire all the foriegn teachers because and some of the american teachers. Please someone help this school or change it back to chinquapin because it need severe help. I am an 8th grader here and I hate it if you ask anyone that goes here if they like it they will say no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 02, 2011
This school is now called Baltimore IT Academy. This school is HORRIBLE. The teachers can not handle these urban kids. The school is out of control and funding for this should be ceased immediately. Also they have a lot of foreign teachers who are unable to control the classes.

Posted December 15, 2009

Baltimore IT Academy 4

Posted September 07, 2009
I was a student at Chinquapin all 3 year of my school middle time.06-09.As we had ups and down what school doesn't.We excelled too a best ability and more.A job well done too Chinquapin staff for getting me where i am at now,

Baltimore IT Academy 0

Posted May 12, 2009
This is a fantastic school with many academic accomplishments in the past two years. My child is happy and having a very successful school year in the sixth grade. Progress is being made in many areas. We need more parental support to get the word out that this is one of the best middle schools in Baltimore city. With more parent involvement we can make greater improvements. The community needs the support of everyone.

Posted December 05, 2008