Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

They are completely incompetent. I can tell you this even though I don't have a student at this school because for the past five months they've called me about a child that goes to school there. Which is even more annoying because I have no children. I have attempted several times to let them know their records are wrong and that they should remove my number from this student's contact information; however, they keep calling. I sure hope this kid never has a true emergency.

This school has the potential to be a GREAT school but the staff does lack communication, updating information on the school's mobile app, after school enrichment could be a lot better and should also begin when school starts and not 1 month later. Parents should be notified of upcoming major testing well before the week of or the day before. The school rarely goes on trips that are NOT within walking distance. The school also places money into things unnecessary like the new football field that's not big enough for the school's football team to play on! The kids never know they sports schedules until the day of games. I also believe the gym needs to be renovated and expanded because there's no space for family to support their children during games. This school is not just an elementary school it needs to serve the older kids also. I also believe the homework that is sent home does not correspond with the days work which makes no sense. The kids are not recognized for their perfect attendance, honor roll, principals list...anything of that nature! City Springs has work to do and it honestly starts with STAFF. When the staff starts to CARE, they will push to get the parents involved and make sure the parents are in the KNOW. Its takes a village...

I am really impressed with the changes being made at City Springs Elementary/Middle School. I am the proud grandmother of one of the students there and every time they have celebrations for the children I go to show my support. I wish them much continued success in the future.

City Springs does what it takes to meet the needs of each and every student. The teachers and other staff are highly committed to academic excellence. There are also many programs in place to help students. We use a Restorative Practice model to help students who are having difficulties. Every morning there is an assembly that is like a pep rally to get the students excited about learning. Incentives are given for progress. There are several after school programs including sports and tutoring. I love the school spirit. The principal has high standards and she shows that she cares and believes in everyone. I think it would be helpful if we could communicate more effectively, like through having more technology.

My daughter currently attends City Springs School. Overall, the teaching staff works really hard to push the students to their best potential. However, as far as the principal, Mrs. Richetta, I find her to be very non- personable. There have been many times that she has walked right by me and didn t even speak or say hello. I have also witnessed her yelling at her staff in front of parents, guests and students. I didn t find this to be very professional for a principal. It is not setting a good example for the children and it is definitely not being respectful to her staff.

My child attended City Springs for pre K - 2nd grades. When she entered City Springs she was below grade level however upon transferring from City Springs she tested above grade level and now is not excelling at the new school ( Edgewood Elementary ) due to the curriculum I find that the work that she completed in City Springs in the 2nd grade is the same work that she is doing now in the fourth grade at Edgewood I highly recommend city springs to any parent in that school district city springs teachers are not like the average teachers they actually care about there children and go beyond the call of duty to see that they excel they are strict there and see to it that your kids stay in line and that they understand all that is being taught.

City Springs Middle school fooled me into believing that their test score rating was high compared to county district schools. My niece and nephew attend this school and I think they are not being challenged enough to compete against thier peers academically, please step your intellectual game up !

City Springs has a really great staff that cares so much about the children and the childrens well being. My oldest daughter now attends City Springs and next school year, my youngest daughter will be attending as well. My daughter has learned so much in her first year in the kindergarten at City Springs school. It has prepared her for the first grade and she's now reading well, and writing very good. Principle Richetta is very involved in the children and enforces the rules and school policy as it should be. This school also have an excellent after school program that gives the children an opportunity to expand their horizons on various different levels. I give City Springs Elementary/Middle two thumbs up as well.

The staff is excellent and the students learn so much so fast!!! This is the best elem/middle school in Baltimore City!!!

It is my opinion that City Springs has been one of the best schools in MD, and not just in Baltimore City, for several years. With the addition of the new principle Ms. Richetta, it has taken a step forward. With the implementation of some very innovative ideas, the school is being run in a first rate, children first, learning is essential fashion; it's certainly an honor and a privilege for children to attend this school. The entire staff, for the most part, seems to take great interest in the children's welfare and it shows in the overall atmosphere of the building. Two thumbs up!

Last modified City Springs Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.