Posted June 14, 2014
I am really impressed with the changes being made at City Springs Elementary/Middle School. I am the proud grandmother of one of the students there and every time they have celebrations for the children I go to show my support. I wish them much continued success in the future.

Posted September 10, 2013
City Springs does what it takes to meet the needs of each and every student. The teachers and other staff are highly committed to academic excellence. There are also many programs in place to help students. We use a Restorative Practice model to help students who are having difficulties. Every morning there is an assembly that is like a pep rally to get the students excited about learning. Incentives are given for progress. There are several after school programs including sports and tutoring. I love the school spirit. The principal has high standards and she shows that she cares and believes in everyone. I think it would be helpful if we could communicate more effectively, like through having more technology.

City Springs Elementary School 3

Posted April 24, 2012
My daughter currently attends City Springs School. Overall, the teaching staff works really hard to push the students to their best potential. However, as far as the principal, Mrs. Richetta, I find her to be very non- personable. There have been many times that she has walked right by me and didn t even speak or say hello. I have also witnessed her yelling at her staff in front of parents, guests and students. I didn t find this to be very professional for a principal. It is not setting a good example for the children and it is definitely not being respectful to her staff.

Posted August 13, 2009
My child attended City Springs for pre K - 2nd grades. When she entered City Springs she was below grade level however upon transferring from City Springs she tested above grade level and now is not excelling at the new school ( Edgewood Elementary ) due to the curriculum I find that the work that she completed in City Springs in the 2nd grade is the same work that she is doing now in the fourth grade at Edgewood I highly recommend city springs to any parent in that school district city springs teachers are not like the average teachers they actually care about there children and go beyond the call of duty to see that they excel they are strict there and see to it that your kids stay in line and that they understand all that is being taught.

City Springs Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2009
City Springs Middle school fooled me into believing that their test score rating was high compared to county district schools. My niece and nephew attend this school and I think they are not being challenged enough to compete against thier peers academically, please step your intellectual game up !

City Springs Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2009
City Springs has a really great staff that cares so much about the children and the childrens well being. My oldest daughter now attends City Springs and next school year, my youngest daughter will be attending as well. My daughter has learned so much in her first year in the kindergarten at City Springs school. It has prepared her for the first grade and she's now reading well, and writing very good. Principle Richetta is very involved in the children and enforces the rules and school policy as it should be. This school also have an excellent after school program that gives the children an opportunity to expand their horizons on various different levels. I give City Springs Elementary/Middle two thumbs up as well.

Posted July 10, 2008
The staff is excellent and the students learn so much so fast!!! This is the best elem/middle school in Baltimore City!!!

Posted January 22, 2007
- a former student

City Springs Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2007
- a staff
It is my opinion that City Springs has been one of the best schools in MD, and not just in Baltimore City, for several years. With the addition of the new principle Ms. Richetta, it has taken a step forward. With the implementation of some very innovative ideas, the school is being run in a first rate, children first, learning is essential fashion; it's certainly an honor and a privilege for children to attend this school. The entire staff, for the most part, seems to take great interest in the children's welfare and it shows in the overall atmosphere of the building. Two thumbs up!

Posted October 10, 2005
I currently have 2 children and 2 nieces at city springs and I am truly pleased with the teachers and staff they are curteous and have a lot of diffent approaches to learning my youngest daughter began reading in kindergarten and my older daughter 8th grader is truly being challenged so that she may go to a college prep high school I wish all children could get a quality education like this one and last but not least the priciples Ms Whelchel and Ms Newkirk are the best priciples that i ever met they know the children by name not just the problems this school should recieve an award for being clean safe and the best learning enviorment ever!

City Springs Elementary School
100 South Caroline St, Baltimore, MD  21231
Last modified City Springs Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top