Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 07, 2015
I love everything about Cross Country Elementary! My child has been enrolled for the past 2 years and I am excited about her academic progress. The school has wonderful programs that encourage growth and learning amongst the student body. The curriculum and the teachers challenge and stretch my daughter so that she is confident enough to perform at her best! Her teacher was insightful enough to recognize her potential and recommended her for testing in the gifted and talented program. Next year will be her first year in the program and we are so excited to see how she learns and grows at Cross Country! The principal is tough, but it is apparent that it comes from a place of love and concern for the students. I appreciate the firm, but loving approach he takes with the students. It teaches them respect for themselves, adults, and their school. Keep up the good work, Mr. Durham! I am also looking forward to actively participating in the remodel/rebuilding process for the school. My family and I are excited about the new state of the art facility in the works for Cross Country. What a wonderful school!!

Cross Country Elementary School 2

Posted September 02, 2014
The principal at this school is a bully. He demeans the children and frightens the young ones. He is offensive in his announcements as he tries to deal out "tough love". Some of us parents are shocked at what he says in his morning assembly and on the intercom. He needs to be observed by someone from the Board of Education, where I will also, like another parent, report him for the atmosphere he has created at this otherwise lovely school.

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is great the instructors and staff are all about business and the students learning..Keep up the great work CCEM!

Cross Country Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2014
School hasn't moved to its full potential in 4 yrs. The school leader is too loud, rude, and disrespectful towards parents and even colleagues. In any other district, he would have been out of a job a long time ago, but in Baltimore, he goes around acting like he's untouchable.

Posted October 10, 2013
Love this school I am an alumni of cross country myself. Principle & teachers are great it's my child's second home.

Posted October 08, 2013
My great nephew attended Cross Country Elementary /Middle School and his last year kindergarten teacher was extraordinary to say the less!!

Cross Country Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
I am not impressed by this school, kids run wild, I even heard the kids singing (RICK ROSS) while in class. My child will be transfering asap!!

Cross Country Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
This is a wonderful school. The teachers put the students 1st. I get frequent updates on how my child is doing and what he can do if he needs additional help & instruction as well as what I can do to assist at home.

Posted October 31, 2012
Again, this year I am impressed with the curriculum provided to my daughter at Cross Country. She is extra excited about the sciences she is learning this year. Experiments are an everyday thing with her. Being a third year parent, my daughter is in grade 4, I am not comfortable with the children having to stand in the school yard until 8:45 - 9:00 every morning. Even in inclement weather they leave the children outside. This is not a good look for the staff who normally are caring and nurturing to the children. Also, this year there seems to be quite a bit of bullying with the children, especially the girls and this should be addressed immediately before it gets out of hand. My child has been hurt twice this school year from bullying. The next incident I will bring in the police. However, overall the school teachers are doing extremely well academically with the children. Another issue I want to raise is to give all children a chance to be involved in school activities, not just your upper graders. Open up an academic debate team and choose children from each grade to represent the school.

Cross Country Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2012
One one of the worse school I've had. Children are wana-be gangsters, teachers in the middle school level treat kids like they're in elementary school. However I will admit, Mr. Horne and Ms. Erwin are the only two teachers who truely teach in the school. But worst of all.... Mr. Durham. I'd rather stab myself with a pencil than have him as a principle next year. His voice is the most atrocious thing you will ever hear in your life, and I had to endure it every morning afternoon and all lunch times. He is the reason this school went to the dumps. I'm in highschool now and I was thinking that it would've been the same as middle school, the teachers following me outside of class, everyone walking in line, the administrators having to be everywhere, but no it was excellent. If I was late, I was late I get marked as late and if you get marked as late three times you automatically fail that subject for that quarter. But if I got marked late in this school, nothing would happen no consequence dealt. I could go on all day about this pitiful school, but I don't have the words in the english dictionary to explain how disgusted I feel when I say " I attended cross country for middle school."

Cross Country Elementary School
6100 Cross Country Blvd, Baltimore, MD  21215
Last modified Cross Country Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.