Baltimore, MD

Cross Country Elementary School 2

Posted September 02, 2014
The principal at this school is a bully. He demeans the children and frightens the young ones. He is offensive in his announcements as he tries to deal out "tough love". Some of us parents are shocked at what he says in his morning assembly and on the intercom. He needs to be observed by someone from the Board of Education, where I will also, like another parent, report him for the atmosphere he has created at this otherwise lovely school.

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is great the instructors and staff are all about business and the students learning..Keep up the great work CCEM!

Cross Country Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2014
School hasn't moved to its full potential in 4 yrs. The school leader is too loud, rude, and disrespectful towards parents and even colleagues. In any other district, he would have been out of a job a long time ago, but in Baltimore, he goes around acting like he's untouchable.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 10, 2013
Love this school I am an alumni of cross country myself. Principle & teachers are great it's my child's second home.

Posted October 08, 2013
My great nephew attended Cross Country Elementary /Middle School and his last year kindergarten teacher was extraordinary to say the less!!

Cross Country Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
I am not impressed by this school, kids run wild, I even heard the kids singing (RICK ROSS) while in class. My child will be transfering asap!!

Cross Country Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
This is a wonderful school. The teachers put the students 1st. I get frequent updates on how my child is doing and what he can do if he needs additional help & instruction as well as what I can do to assist at home.

Posted October 31, 2012
Again, this year I am impressed with the curriculum provided to my daughter at Cross Country. She is extra excited about the sciences she is learning this year. Experiments are an everyday thing with her. Being a third year parent, my daughter is in grade 4, I am not comfortable with the children having to stand in the school yard until 8:45 - 9:00 every morning. Even in inclement weather they leave the children outside. This is not a good look for the staff who normally are caring and nurturing to the children. Also, this year there seems to be quite a bit of bullying with the children, especially the girls and this should be addressed immediately before it gets out of hand. My child has been hurt twice this school year from bullying. The next incident I will bring in the police. However, overall the school teachers are doing extremely well academically with the children. Another issue I want to raise is to give all children a chance to be involved in school activities, not just your upper graders. Open up an academic debate team and choose children from each grade to represent the school.

Posted October 12, 2011
This how we do it, Cross Country!!! Keep up the good work!!! The students are counting on you!!!

Posted August 30, 2011
Looking forward to my children starting another enriching year at a wonderful institution of learning. Mr. Durham and his team are already on the ground running. Looks like great things are on the horizon!

Cross Country Elementary School
6100 Cross Country Blvd, Baltimore, MD  21215
Last modified Cross Country Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cross Country Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top