K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 29, 2016
Mr Luca, Ms Pam, Ms Lauren, Ms Tanza, Ms Allison, Ms Laura, Ms Elaine and Ms Jen are fantastic.

The Greenmount School 2

Posted November 12, 2015
All the talk of a "child centered" education appears to be completely hollow. They were very unwelcoming to my son. I also thought they were way behind the curve in terms of professional development. It's not a place I would send my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 02, 2015
Some of the teachers at Greenmount aren't that bad. However, it is extremely clear that the middle school teachers pick favorite and scapegoats. Some of the teachers are bullies.

The Greenmount School 1

Posted November 02, 2015
I was bullied out of this school by both the teachers and the students. All the talk about inclusiveness and community is just a gigantic hoax. The teachers reprimanded me for asking questions. I was scapegoat, constantly not given a chance to succeed, being blamed for everything wrong, even though I was getting good grades. The administration was unorganized and unhelpful, only noticing I was being severely bullied to punish me for not handling it correctly. The best choice I ever made was not coming back for a second year

Posted October 10, 2014
We moved to Baltimore City February, 2014 and enrolled our 3rd grader in Roland Park Elementary School because it was the "best" public school in Baltimore. Huge mistake for our family! Roland Park did not how to accommodate mid year transfers, teachers wouldn't return phone calls or emails, my child became in her words: invisible. The best thing that has happened to her is GreenMount School. Welcoming, accommodating, helpful, nurturing. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the parent teacher communication. The new Principal is outstanding, personally returns emails and welcomes the children individually. We did not come from Private school background or mentality and I must say this was a phenomenal switch for all of us. Our child is being treated with respect and celebrated for her own talents. Her challenges are being identified and worked on class by class. This theme based educational approach is outstanding! Thank you GreenMount for meeting our child's needs.

Posted June 04, 2014
This is a great schools for kids and parents who want to be engaged in a progressive academic atmosphere. The teachers go out of their way to make subjects interesting and find lots of innovative ways to get the kids questioning and talking. The school also encourages social responsibility and global thinking. I can't think of another school, no matter the tuition, that does it any better!

Posted December 16, 2013
Can't say enough good things about the GreenMount School. It's an exciting, lovingly nurturing, & creative place to go to school. Fantastic administration, imaginative & delightful staff, who are smart, warm, open, insightful, & always very responsive to parent input. I've found them to be right on top of issues like bullying, & inappropriate behavior, so a safe & supportive environment is maintained for all, & the development of social intelligence & character development, as well as academic achievement, is addressed in both classroom & whole school team building activities. The curriculum is expansive, highly creative & fun. We adore the school, & it's been a transformative & extremely positive experience for our daughter, who has blossomed there. She loves coming to school each day. Everyone from the Head of School to the office staff are kind, helpful & clearly enjoy interacting with kids, & are hard working. The aftercare program is affordable & also great. Our only regret is not having started there in Kindergarten. We transferred from a highly toted local blue ribbon school & haven't looked back for an instant! Best decision we ever made!

Posted October 03, 2013
Greenmount has been an incredible experience for my son. The creative, multi-disciplinary curriculum, the quality of teaching and small classes, and the support and warmth of the entire school community, all combine to create a truly unique and wonderful learning environment. The thematic curriculum has enabled my son to explore topics in great depth. He's had the chance to define and explore his interests and understands the relevance of the subject matter in a way that really resonates. He has also gained tremendous confidence--both academically and socially. He loves going to school, tells me he enjoys his homework assignments (!) and is constantly bringing up topics---from science to politics--related to subjects he's studying or that were mentioned in conversations with his teachers and other students. Before he began at Greenmount, I was concerned that the curriculum wasn't going to be rigorous enough. That has not been the case. In addition to receiving the firm grounding he needs in math, science, history, etc., he's also learned to write, speak in public and make connections between complex, abstract concepts. Most importantly, he has discovered that he loves learning.

The Greenmount School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
Pros: Close knit welcoming community, socially conscious environment, really sweet kids Cons: Child centered approach means more lax academics. Academics behind city schools (math, for example, is lagging by 1 year)

The Greenmount School 1

Posted July 31, 2013
We could not have been less happy with this school. Suffice it to say that the school talks a good game about being an open-minded, inclusive community that teaches respect for all people, blah, blah, blah. However, it's not much more than talk. Our child was bullied horribly, and the teachers did nothing to stop it. In fact, when they noticed it all, it was to reprimand our child for responding badly to the bullies. By the time the administration stepped in to deal with the bullies, it was too little too late.

501 West 30th Street, Baltimore, MD  21211