Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Curtis Bay Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2015
My family have sent 4 children there. It was a good school but it is lost now. I have decided to homeschool my son because of the treatment of this school and his teacher. I pray that organization and priorities get put back in place for this school. This school need help the children left there will need help as well.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 09, 2015
I would like to thank my sons ex teacher Ms. Brian Elliott for making my decision to homeschool my son very easy. And for breaking the trust I have for teachers and whom every handles my son. Thank you and I forgive you, but I won't forget.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 09, 2015
Very ineffective at teaching but very effective in displine. I asked my sons teacher for more challenging work and got no response. But she could take it upon herself to displine my child. She need to know her place.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 09, 2015
My son is in the first grade and the sight words he was given is the same sight words from pre-k thru kindergarten.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
No I think this school develops frustration, anger, insecurity, and labels upon the students, and parents.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
I don't think so. You have to give respect to receive it. And I don't believe that the school respects all the children. They only respect the one they like.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
Absolutely not it is more about discipline, and kids having time in the reflection room, which is also said to be the time out room, or interrogation room.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
It is hard to teach what you don't display. The only thing honest is the attitude you receive from the administration.

Curtis Bay Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2015
my daughter is in 1st grade and her teacher ms.g is awesome.she always texts me back when I have a question.she is always up beat.her students love her.she will be missed by my child and I when the school year is over.i wish my child could have her next year for 2nd grade.i am pleased to have my child going to Curtis bay.i had a child that went to bay brook and let's just say he never liked it there but only for his 4th and 5th grade year.i feel that the school has tried the best they can.they've made mistakes but no 1 school is perfect.they can only improve in my opinion.i've had very few problems with Curtis Bay.ask yourself what school doesn't have it's querks.as long as they can learn from it then it's all good.i'm happy to be a parent that child attends Curtis Bay Elementary School

Curtis Bay Elementary School 5

Posted January 09, 2015
I have an autistic 5th grader currently enrolled in this school. When we moved here three years ago, I originally had misgivings about enrolling him here--his last school (Maree Farring, #203) had recommended institutionalizing him, and I expected the same from CBEMS. Three years after starting there, he is now reading at his grade level, and doing grade level math at 75% accuracy, his teacher Ms. Amberger writes 'a joy to teach' on his progress reports and has strenuously objected to his prior classification at his previous school as a candidate for institutionalization. Although I no longer work in the area, I have elected to deal with a 2 hour commute to work rather than relocate and remove my son from this school.

4301 West Bay Ave, Baltimore, MD  21225
Last modified Curtis Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Curtis Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top