Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Grateful to: School leader

Thank you Ms. Williamson and Ms. Patrick (Pre-K teachers) for being bright spots in such a disappointing school. They need you both desperately.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Pre-K- 1st is given homework every night even holidays. These little ones are overwhelmed. I tutor 6th graders who don't get as much homework as my 1st grader does.

Develops character: Neutral

The teachers that are around the students build character in each student whether they like it or not.

My child has been at this school for 6 years and saw a major change within her work effort and I believe its the teachers. Especially Ms Scipio,Ms Marvin, and Ms Vance

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers push the students pass the point and make them strive for advancement. They give the students motivation to want to do better even if that student does not want to do better.

This school is out of control im going to 8th this year and im not going back the staff is great but the kids are out of control with the 7th and 8th grade i was a great student and i just cant take anymore but the staff are wonderful

This is the best school ever. I attend it right now. I am a 7th grade student, and i love all my teachers and my princapal. They all do what ever is best for all the students to help us learn. And if we are having trouble they may pull groups to help them better understand.

I used to go to this school back in 2003. I was the only child in my class who smiled and was generally playful. The teachers always treated me with such kindness. This was a nice school, the only downside was the way the other kids treated me. You could call it bullying, but bullying has never bothered me. So this school was a good experience, other than the kids' attitudes and the food in the school cafeteria.

I have a son in the first grade and a son in the third grade at dickeyhill. The first chance I get, I'm transferring my children out. My children are failing, but never once have I received anything from the teachers saying that they need help. My son brings home division homework and never was taught multiplication. I can go on forever, its the worst. I'm so stressed and disgusted with this school.

I am a parent of a son who attends this school. He no longer wants to go to school because he's being bullied verbally. He went from being outside alot when coming home to staying in because majority of the kids that attend the school live nearby. His grades aren't doing well. On several occasions, I've sent a letter stating I'd like a conference w/ all of his teachers. It makes no sense I have to call the school to see when/if I can get a response. Nothing's done about the bullying becuz my child's too afraid to "snitch" on anyone. It's just crazy. I dont want to find out my son's failing when it's too late to correct the problem.

Last modified Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.