Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted December 15, 2011
I used to go to this school back in 2003. I was the only child in my class who smiled and was generally playful. The teachers always treated me with such kindness. This was a nice school, the only downside was the way the other kids treated me. You could call it bullying, but bullying has never bothered me. So this school was a good experience, other than the kids' attitudes and the food in the school cafeteria.

Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted December 02, 2011
I have a son in the first grade and a son in the third grade at dickeyhill. The first chance I get, I'm transferring my children out. My children are failing, but never once have I received anything from the teachers saying that they need help. My son brings home division homework and never was taught multiplication. I can go on forever, its the worst. I'm so stressed and disgusted with this school.

Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted October 27, 2011
I am a parent of a son who attends this school. He no longer wants to go to school because he's being bullied verbally. He went from being outside alot when coming home to staying in because majority of the kids that attend the school live nearby. His grades aren't doing well. On several occasions, I've sent a letter stating I'd like a conference w/ all of his teachers. It makes no sense I have to call the school to see when/if I can get a response. Nothing's done about the bullying becuz my child's too afraid to "snitch" on anyone. It's just crazy. I dont want to find out my son's failing when it's too late to correct the problem.

Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted May 23, 2011
We were transfered from Morrel Park Elem to Dickey Hill Elem being at Dickey Hill my kids are failing terribley one child is thinking of killing herself by being bullied and one is not doing good at the school. Receieve a letter about 3 or 4 weeks before to say that he will be possibly to be retained, what's wrong with this picture?

Posted June 29, 2009
i was a dickey hill student but the teachers helped me excel to baltimore polytechnic, the most prominent of baltimore city schools- ranked nationally.

Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted April 26, 2009
I was a student in Dickey Hill and the staff were always great to me. I am now in the 8th grade and living in New York City and I have kept there values of leadership and kindness in my heart forever. If any one ever see this, you must know this was the best sschool I ever went to for acedemic purposes only. I used to get teased but the staff always made me feel better.

Posted February 19, 2009

Posted November 11, 2008

Posted January 01, 2005
My son is currently a student at Dickey Hill Elementary and he loves the school. The teachers are dedicated and hardworking, and despite the budget deficiencies and shortfalls, do the best that they can with the little that they are given. When my son started preK, he could hardly speak English. His teachers encouraged him and motivated him to the point where he takes pride in excelling - not only in school, but in every aspect of his life. He is now in the second grade and has been on the honor roll 5 times. Once, he was even on the principal's honor roll for maintaining a 90-99% average. The art teacher, Ms. Chance is wonderful, and so is the music teacher, Ms. Parker. Sports activities take place during gym, which is once a week. Parental involvement is increasing, and the school is fast becoming a magnet school. Keep it up Dickey Hill!

Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School
5025 Dickey Hill Rd, Baltimore, MD  21207
Last modified Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top