Baltimore, MD

Edgecombe Circle Elementary School 3

Posted July 01, 2014
My school is a good school its fun an existing sometimes it can be out of hand but doesn't every shool have it's day. People say my school's bad but it's only the kids there that other then that my school is a good school.........but the kids at my school do cuss, fight, and are crazy at time's, an disrespectful . I am 12 in going to the 7th grade when school starts back up in August School colors for 2014 are pre k-5th where navy blue pants and light blue tops, 6th grade where's white tops khaki botoms,7th grade where's yellow tops khaki bottoms, an 8th grade where's dark green tops an khaki bottoms

Posted January 22, 2014
I love Edgecombe circle it has my fav teachers like ms legette and ms jenks

Posted August 09, 2013
this school is like the best school ever and just cause the kids bad don't mean the school bad

Posted January 06, 2012
EDGECOMBE CIRCLE WILL ALLWAYS HOLD A VERY, SPECIAL PLACE IN MY SOUL. I MOVED TO THE EDGECOMBE AREA IN 1979 WHEN I WAS 9....I MET THE BEST FRIENDS OF MY LIFE IN THAT SCHOOL AND IN THAT COMMUNITY. BACK THEN THE TEACHERS WERE GOOD...MS. LEGGETTE, MS. BROWN, MS. REED. MS. UZZLE...EVEN MR. STEPHENS.....R.I.P. MS. WELCH.....I EVEN MET MY WIFE LATER ON IN THAT SAME COMMUNITY SO EDGECOMBE AND PARK HEIGHTS WILL ALLWAYS HOLD A VERY CLOSE PLACE IN MY HEART...EDGECOMBE WILL ALLWAYS BE HOME ....NO MATTER WHERE I GO IN THE WORLD....MUCH LOVE.

Edgecombe Circle Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2011
The star rating above should be -2. Generally, with kids K-3, disruptive class behaviors is not a problem for such young students, hence the "4 star" rating from the Community. From 4th to 8th grade, the school is off the chain. Teachers must fight every day to deliver their lessons and teach the children. The Middle School, a 3 year old (new?) building is separate from the Elementary. This building has been destroyed, such that two 8th graders horsing around broke through a wall. The Administration will not actively step up and call in the parents. They place the blame on poor classroom management. Classroom management means the smooth operation and delivery of instruction. It doesn't say be recipient of objects thrown, swearing, and total disrepect for someone there to help YOU the STUDENT, do better in life. The teachers job title says "education". Where does it say, "Raise your kids"? Many kids have been dealt a bad hand, however, this is their chance to do better and get out of their situation. Not by fighting, but by using their brains. Until the parents/guardians step up to discipline THEIR children, this school has no hope.

Edgecombe Circle Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2011
This school isn't bad, the kids are bad. When I went I was a goo student with a talent, drawing. The teachers encouraged me to improve on my talents and I will go far. I'm now a portrait artist at the age 15 thanks to the teaching and encouragement, don't blame this school for anything. Teach your kids not to be fools in school, if they want to be fools stay at home with you people. Be a PARENT.

Edgecombe Circle Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2011
first of all its nothing wrong with this school it start at HOME when you send them to school we the people who is up here try to help but if they terrible at home then how you think they gonna act in school so it statrs at home thanks

Posted May 12, 2010
This school is terrible. This is my sons first year (he is in 2nd grade) at this school and it is horrible. There is no discipline on the part of the teachers and the students. The kids run wild literally. The teachers are always hanging out in the office when they are supposed to be teaching or monitoring the students. The teachers are always calling out and they have no substitutes. I took my son to school one day for breakfast and the kids were standing outside the cafeteria door banging on the door and there was no one there to let them in. they only get 15 minutes to eat so someone should be there on time. Parents have to work just like the teachers do so we can't always be there to assist.

Posted June 26, 2009
I like the teachers and the only thing they need is more parents around to help.

Posted May 27, 2009
I think this school is a horrible. The students are not held accountable for the dress code. They are allowed to cured, run the halls without a conseqence. They are not treated with respect with maybe way they are acting out. Some of the teachers dont care whether or not the students succeed.My child started their an A student and excited to go to school everyday. This school has robbed my child of her eagernest to learn and follow positive behaviors. There are no incentives for the students who are willing to do the right thing. Teachers do not respect the parents nor the students and have a 'I dont care attitude. The example starts from the top.It is disheartning that this school rates a 2 however I would not be surprised if it was a 0! We need (the adults-parents, teachers,administration) to get it to gather. for the sake of

2835 Virginia Ave, Baltimore, MD  21215
Last modified Edgecombe Circle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgecombe Circle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top