Baltimore, MD

Posted June 07, 2011
As a former student of Bethlehem, I just would like to say that this was and will probably always be the best school I ever went to. The principal is caring and individually takes the time to talk to students. You walk down the hallways and the teachers know your name. You're not just a face, or another student. Everyone takes the time to individually know the students. The educational aspect is also wonderful. I was prepared and very ahead of most of the other students when I became a freshman. English, math, science, history, religion, physical education, you name it, Bethlehem excels in it. This is a wonderful school in a somewhat bad location, but the students are always safe and are always challenged and happy. This is overall a wonderful, worthwhile school.

Posted April 14, 2010
The principal is top of the line. The teachers care for the children. I know what my child is doing all the time. The school lacks in extracurricular activities but makes up for it with many fairs and parties.

Posted September 29, 2008
I will assume that because some of these reviews are 18 to 24 mos old that some drastic changes have taken place in regards to the extra-curriculum activities. I have a kindergardener - who is absolutely elated! I am pleased with all that she is able to come home and discuss from 'Jesus' Time to reading and writing in addition to her weeks that she alternates between Art and Computer Lab in grade K! she also has PE and will be going on her first field trip on 10/8 - so apparently things have changed since the other parents that reviewed this school had a child in attendance - this school is wonderful and is producing a well rounded, socially aware (there is an assigned international charity to give to), articulate person. Thanks BCDS.

Posted August 11, 2007
My child has attended for several years now, and I feel there are some areas that are definitely lacking. Although the staff has a caring nature and concern for the students this is a quality that should be considered a requirement for anyone in this profession and not just chance. The lack of viable programs in PE, Art, Music, & outside activities to reinforce their learning and offering variety to the students is allowing our children miss out on other areas outside of classroom instruction that could very well be viable to the long-term success of our students and the decision they make about what they decide to do with their lives.

Bethlehem Christian Day School 4

Posted October 09, 2006
I have two children attending BCDS. All of the staff, to include the principal are very caring and support the teaching of Christian values. The school does not provide sufficient education in such areas as art, music, and physical education. Parent involvement is emphasized and this allows an opportunity for parents to become involved with school activities. As my oldest prepares to leave BCDS I will began to see how well the school prepared my child for high school and eventually college. Overall, I would rate my experience with BCDS as good.

Bethlehem Christian Day School 3

Posted July 07, 2006
I think the overall atmosphere of the school was a wonderful experience for my child but academically the school failed my child. My daughter attended kindergarten and first grade at BCDS and I feel she did not receive the tools she needed to go to the next grade. They felt comfortable passing her unto the next grade when she is not even completely reading on her current grade level and I feel that is how child start to fall behind when they are just passed along. The school does not offer coach classes or tutoring sessions and weren't helpful directing me in the right direction to get my child help. They offered to get an older student to help her with her reading but they never followed through with that suggestion. They were more concerned about the children being in uniforms and sneakers rather than what the children were learning.

Bethlehem Christian Day School 1

Posted January 29, 2005
This school does not display the number of children per class correctly, from kindergarten to fourth grade there are at times at least 19-29 children per teacher. The availbility of special classes(ie: music, art, pe) was rarely avalible thoughout the year. Therefore the number of childern per teacher can not be accurate.

Posted January 27, 2005
BCDS is great school from top to bottom. The principal Mrs. Moore and staff are wonderful. They take great pride in ensuring your child is successful and empowered with the word of God. My child has been there since second grade and truly excelled in her education and social skills. This is a school full of dedicated staff and parents. The Parents are very involved in school events.

4815 Hamilton Avenue, Baltimore, MD  21206
Last modified Bethlehem Christian Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Bethlehem Christian Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top