No rating

Mt Zion Baptist Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 4 students

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $101,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted May 4, 2011

The education at MTZ can not compared to any public school in the area . The classroom sizes are the right sizes allowing your child to get the one on one attention the deserve . The school can be a little unorgnized but if you stay on your job as a parent you shouldnt have any problems . I do believe they should add more extra circular activies for the kids .

Posted March 11, 2011

Mt Zion school is an island in this world's sea on evil and destuction. Not only did my son receive a great education from a team of caring, GOD loving teachers, he spent his days there in a safe, nurturing environment not only excelling in academics (his standardized test results earned him scholorship opportunities) but growing in his relationship with GOD. WHAT COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT ? I am proud to have my next generation (Grandchildren) enrolled in Mt Zion.

Posted January 4, 2011

Great School. I really love it. The teachers are first rate and the academics are excellent.

Posted January 1, 2011

yes i agree with you angry mothers out there....I feel that the biblical part of the education is on point , but as far as the teacher and principal really taking time out communicating with the parent is awful...and all the money that you pay for your child to go there is not worth it because when you really need somthing done for your childs education, it is taken care of with no great importance...But yet you say you that you display christian attitudes..Now i understand why there classrooms are so small and not many students are in any of them, i wish i would have read the reviews before i allowed my child to go there it would have saved me much regret later on...Also parents who are thinking about sending their children who are in high school, remember they dont offer many academics like other schools have and i dont recommend for a high school student to attend when preparing for college!!!!!!

Posted December 17, 2010

My child has attended this school for 3 years. They requested meds for him because the older teachers could not control a 3/4 year old child. Then complained that my child was TOO quiet while on meds but constantly call when he isn't. To be "Christians" they are very hypocritical. They claim they want parents to be positive & supportive, yet the teachers & administration do the exact opposite, for particularlly boys. I commend the academic success and Bible knowledge and understanding. I would not, however, suggest this school if your child is young, curious and active. The school doesn't teach or support teaching any social skills to students on any level. Administration & teachers do not do well with socializing with the parents either. Save your money if a well-rounded, pychologically sane child with decent self-esteem is who you are trying to raise. Especially, if your child is a BOY!

Posted October 23, 2010

Just attended the football game at Bucktail High in Renova, PA. It was shocking to see that the team arrived several hours late and had no water with them. One wonders if they even had lunch? Good players with lots of heart, but not one team supporter in the crowd. What kind of adults are raising and chaperoning these players???????

Posted August 19, 2010

I was a student at this school from grades pre-k through 2. Those years we're great but, after that i had to go. Wasn't too much of a fun after that.

Posted August 17, 2010

I REMOVED! my child from this school, they are so unorganized, the teachers don't motivate the kids and talk down to them MY $ YEAR OLD CAME HOME CRYING ABOUT A TEACHER CALLING HER SLOW!!!!! I requested a refund and removed her! Northwood is way better in that area or either leith walk!

Posted May 14, 2010

My child went for an assessment for admission, she is three years old, knowns her ABC and 123's with sight and recognition. They suggested that she attends two weeks of summer camp. Furthermore, they made me wait over 40 minutes to give me the evaluation, in which, I had to go and seek an individual to talk to me. As an educated, professional Doctorate prepared parent. I have NEVER seen such confusion in an educational establishment in all my years. I would never enroll my child in such a school. I will be sending a letter to the director of the school. It's sad that some parents make excuses for this mess!!!!!

Posted May 1, 2010

I think my school is ok but they have bad communications to the parents.But its ok i'm not graduating from there but its a good school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 22, 2010

Mt.zion Is a terrible school, they are late with things and i honestly dont think what we think is going on , is actually going on my child is in high school and comes home everyday complaining

Posted November 17, 2009

This school is horrible with communication. My child will not attend this school next year.

Posted September 9, 2009

Mount Zion is a WONDERFUL school the teachers work hard to ensure that your child puts forth his or her best. And i must say that the preschool teachers are the best. If you want your child to have the best put them in mount zion because that school rocks. Yes there are some concerns with the office and other little problems here and there. Work with the school there are workers that are willing to listen and help you with your concerns.

Posted June 1, 2009

My child will not be attending this school next year. The learing is excellent but everything else like piece of mind while your child is there is something totally different. Please understand that yes I understand that my child can do certain things but some of the conversations I have with his teacher and the way they look at you while you talk is crazy. And the communication is terrible. I will not allow them to hold him back if he's bored in class. So all of you parents who love this school, that is great and this website is for parents and students who have a right to say how they feel. And that's why my child will not be attending this school. Before you allow your child to come here, please ask around I wish I did.

Posted April 1, 2009

I have a child that attends MZ & I can attempt that it is a good school, but as all schools there are things need to be corrected. there are many times i have walked into the school & most of the teachers that i pass do not speak even when i speak. they charge for an after school program, but do not offer anything to be charging for it. playing outside or playing games is not my idea of enriching the children. my daughter is lacking in Math they do not offer after school tutoring or any extra curriculum activites for the children. i will be getting my daughter transferred this year

Posted March 2, 2009

i used to be a student at this school and it was so fun for me. i loved every second of the day.the only thing that i disliked was that there were no after school activities. but onther than that mt.zion is a excellent school and its curriculuim prepares your child for the next grade. that school rocked
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 20, 2008

This is my child's first year attending Mt Zion. I am very pleased with the school. As in anything nothing is perfect. Areas of improvement would have to be in communication and extra curricular activities. Besides that I have no complaints, I think the school is great. My child is being well educated and enjoying his learning experience.

Posted November 30, 2008

I am a parent who has had children come through Mount Zion. I have been more than pleased. Two of my children have graduated and have gone on to college well prepared. I thank Mount Zion for the high academic standards, love and care. It is well worth it. Those that are satisfied I join you. If you are not satisfied leave the school and spare us your negativity.

Posted November 30, 2008

The school has high standards and has helped my child academically. When he transferred he was placed in gifted and talented. Every school has areas to work on but overall this is a great school. Anyone that says they give grades is not telling the truth because they grade very hard.

Posted September 8, 2008

My dauhgter only attend for pre-k 3, 2 days beofre pre-k 4 was supposed to start, i received a phone call stating that they had overbooked the class and my adught would not be able to attend. Most of the teachers a relly nice, a few, not so much, but the office staff is horrible!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AMS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2000 East Belvedere Avenue