Posted March 15, 2014
Francis Scott key is a great school I went there in middle school I'm the crossingguard at the school the staff is great the students are great so keep up the good work

Posted March 05, 2014
my son is graduating from the 5th grade this year and was accepted to attend this school.The online reviews, yes I am very pleased with, I just hope the school is up to it's potential that people said and that I made a good decision for my son future

Posted October 16, 2013
I am a parent of PreK and Kindergarten students at FSK (both of my children had previously attended a private Montessori school in Locust Ponit. I have been so impressed by the school thus far and amazed at the speed of transition the school has taken. A new principal (Mary McComas) took the helm a year ago and it has been an absolute sea change at the school. With several new teachers and a re-invigorated returning staff, there is a great mix of new energy and strong tenure. The school is set on a transformative journey and the school leadership has fully enrolled the parents, faculty and community. Many area business are taking a vested interest in the school, so a recent (and large) uptick in donations has allowed for a rapid rate of internal change including robotics and technology labs, cafeteria renovations, with volunteers who painted every classroom. This school has MOMENTUM and we couldn't be happier with our choice to send our children to FSK.

Posted October 15, 2013
My daughter started FSK this year as a Prek student. We were very nervous initially - what parent sends their kid to a Baltimore City Public School by choice?!?! But after many positive reviews by neighbors we decided to move forward and give it a shot, its only prek after all, right? Well, its been 8 weeks and my daughter has learned so much already! She has an incredible interest in learning and plays "school" at home, where she teaches her animals letter sounds and how to add. The preschool teacher, Ms. Demski, in amazing. She is young and energetic and teaches in a modern style - through exercise, creative thinking and outdoor activities. We also love the support staff, Principle McComas is completely engaged with the community and the students and is committed to making this school the best in the state. There is a ton of support both through volunteer time and financially by the local businesses in the community including Under Armour. We are very happy with the school and will continue to send her there for Kindergarten and beyond.

Posted September 16, 2013
Francis Scott Key is quickly transitioning to the Common Core State Standards. Faculty participates in professional development at the state and local level in order to understand the demands of the new standards. Teachers are able to access innovative curriculum to deliver lessons designed to meet the challenges of upcoming PARCC Assessments and more importantly, ensure that all students are provided a foundation that will make them college and career ready.

Posted September 02, 2013
The school has gone through a lot of renovations! The cafeteria is very inviting! The new school uniform is awesome!

Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted May 13, 2010
The school is unsatisfactory. There is a lack of vision among teachers and the principal. The school's teacher turnover rate and attendance is one of the highest for Baltimore City Public Schools. Overall, the schools attendance is down 200+ students.

Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
I love this school because the school have excellent teachers and students. This school teachers teach their heart out to the students

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted September 17, 2009
this school is decent. good quality of work coming home. diverse school. involved helpful staff, and a great neighborhood!

Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School
1425 East Fort Ave, Baltimore, MD  21230
Last modified Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.