Baltimore, MD

Posted August 10, 2015
We've had an excellent experience with Francis Scott Key. My son transferred to FSK in the second grade from a small private school. He is now entering the 8th grade and is doing well overall. He has some learning disabilities, but the IEP team has been great about working with us. The teachers have been responsive to my concerns and respond promptly to my questions. The school is well kept and I feel it is a safe environment for my son.

Posted March 02, 2015
My daughter is a first grader at Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School. We are so pleased with all of the great things happening at the school under the leadership of Principal Mary McComas. Great new resources are being brought into the school, and there is a fantastic before and after school option which is key for our family. Our daughter came from a challenging Montessori pre-school background and I was frankly worried about her being challenged enough at her new school. This year I am quite pleased with the challenging work she brings home. We walk to school, and it has a wonderful community feel. She is in a class of 22 students, so the student:teacher ratio is pretty nice as well.

Posted March 02, 2015
I have two daughters at FSK. One is in second grade and one is in pre-kindergarten. They are both having wonderful experiences at the school. My husband and I are very pleased with the level of academic instruction, the social environment, the community involvement, and we could not be more pleased with the level of commitment shown by the principal of the school Mary McComas.

Posted February 08, 2015
I have been an educator at Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School for almost 16 years now. It is the ONLY school I've taught at since I graduated from Coppin State University. I have seen so many colleagues and administrators come and go, and I can honestly say I would not be the teacher I am today without the support from first, my administrators, who this year are Mrs. Mary McComas and Mr. Christopher French. Mr. Shockney was with FSK for a few years and I learned so much from him. But it is my team of colleagues that I am fortunate to work with that allow me to stretch the minds of young students, raise my expectations and help them reach them, and the extra curricular programs that extend student learning. I am proud that FSK is now an Honors school and (hopefully) soon to be GT school. I feel most rewarded when I get visits from current high school or college students who come to thank me for pushing them as hard as I do. Truthfully, as an educator, I never know what, if any, impact I've had on students....I just have to trust that I've done my best. Validation comes in so many forms. I am also a mother of 15 year old sons so I know how hard teachers work! Thanx

Posted December 09, 2014
My son started in the Pre-K program in September of 2014. He loves school, loves his teachers, and the after school program, Fitness Fun and Games. He is 4 years old and very happy about learning! He is taking violin after school one day a week. He talks to me everyday about the letter of the week, the projects in STEM, and the songs they sing. I can not ask for anymore.

Posted September 08, 2014
I absolutely love this school! So happy that I made the choice of sending her here. I think that the secretary could be a little more friendly, but other than that great school & staff !

Posted September 06, 2014
I am a new teacher at this school this year. It is absolutely WONDERUL here. I Wake up excited to come to work and leave with anticipation on coming back. My kids are great! They love to learn. The faculty is stellar- such great people to be around both professionally and personally. Ms. McComas is doing an awesome job running the school alongside Mr. Shockney and Mr. French. This is truly the school to be at. Without a doubt.

Posted March 15, 2014
Francis Scott key is a great school I went there in middle school I'm the crossingguard at the school the staff is great the students are great so keep up the good work

Posted March 05, 2014
my son is graduating from the 5th grade this year and was accepted to attend this school.The online reviews, yes I am very pleased with, I just hope the school is up to it's potential that people said and that I made a good decision for my son future

Posted October 16, 2013
I am a parent of PreK and Kindergarten students at FSK (both of my children had previously attended a private Montessori school in Locust Ponit. I have been so impressed by the school thus far and amazed at the speed of transition the school has taken. A new principal (Mary McComas) took the helm a year ago and it has been an absolute sea change at the school. With several new teachers and a re-invigorated returning staff, there is a great mix of new energy and strong tenure. The school is set on a transformative journey and the school leadership has fully enrolled the parents, faculty and community. Many area business are taking a vested interest in the school, so a recent (and large) uptick in donations has allowed for a rapid rate of internal change including robotics and technology labs, cafeteria renovations, with volunteers who painted every classroom. This school has MOMENTUM and we couldn't be happier with our choice to send our children to FSK.

Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School
1425 East Fort Ave, Baltimore, MD  21230
Last modified Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top