No rating

Center For Creative Learning

Private | PK-4 | 112 students

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $85,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted February 5, 2014

Center for Creative Learning is an excellent school. The teachers and staff expect excellence from the children and encourage the children to do their best, My son has shown tremendous growth in six months and is beginning to read in pre-k. The tuition is affordable and the children are taught important principles such as determination, honor and faith. I intend to send my son to the school until he completes the fifth grade

Posted April 25, 2010

Center for Creative Learning is an excellent school. We offer Breakfast, lunch and a snack.I really don't know of any school in this area that offers these meals, that is included in the tuition. We nurture the students as well as teach them. We challenge the students in all areas in academics. When students leave our school they are well advanced in their particular grade,and they continue to do well and make the honor roll, WE LOVE AND CARE about all of our students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 6, 2010

Our son has attended this school since August 2008. Prior to attending CCL, he attended a 'learn by play' childcare center. Our son has done a complete 180 since he enrolled. His teachers, Mrs. Valdibieso and Ms. Sheffield are amazing. They are nurturing, caring and wonderful educational professionals. We couldn't ask for better teachers for our son. We intend to enroll our daughter in the school. CCL is one of Baltimore's best kept secret.

Posted June 25, 2009

Our daughter attended CCL and Ms.Fitzgerald was her teacher, words cannot begin to express how we felt about her. Ms Fitzgerald shows her students that they are capable of doing anything they set their little minds to. She was actually the kindergarten teacher but the administrative switched her to Pre-K and we believe that was the best thing for our daughter. Unfortunaely our daughter will not be attending CCL next year b/c of our funds. We are sure that the public school she will be attending in the county she will take all that knowledge that Ms. Fitzgerald has given her. Keep up the GOOD WORK Ms. Fitzgerald and thanks ALOT for caring so much about our kids future.

Posted June 23, 2009

My daughter attended CCL for Pre-k4 which Mrs. Willis was her teacher. My daughter has learned a lot this pass school year and I thank Mrs. Willis for her dedication of teacher her class the basics for learning. I was going to send my daughter to public school b/c of lack of funds however, I will work it out and send my daughter back to CCL for Kindergarten. Thanks CCL

Posted December 5, 2008

My daughter attends CCL and is in her second year. Mrs. Willis is her Pre-K teacher and she is outstanding. My child will be beginning reader soon because the teachers have taught the students the sounds of the letters so they can sound out words. For four year olds I think that is very good. The school has its ups and downs like most schools do but if you take your concerns to the teacher they will be heard. Excellent school that provides home-cooked breakfast, lunch and snack with no additional cost.

Posted November 18, 2008

CCL like any other school has its ups and downs. But, for the cost you can't beat it. I don't know of any christian school that serves students free home-cooked breakfast, lunch and a snack everyday. Also, safety is something that all of us feel everyday. The teachers truly care about the students and the parents that get involved are glad that they did. CCL does need parents to be involved and not just drop their kids off. Any school needs active parent involvement. Every program is christian based and all of the students feel comfortable and loved.

Posted October 13, 2008

My child is currently in her first year of the preschool program at CCL. Her teacher, Mrs. Cox, is outstanding. She works thoroughly with the children on listening skills, language development, and word recognition. Most importantly, she is nurturing and teaches the students how to respect one another and how to work together in a learning community. I would recommend the 3 year old program to anyone looking for a structured, safe, Christian environment that promotes academic growth.

Posted June 3, 2008

My children were enrolled in CCL last year. When my daughter left (2nd grade) she struggled in Math. The school has extremely outdated learning materials and the director has no plans to update them. The pre-k to kindergarten classes are ok, but for the buck, I would choose a good public school.

Posted June 3, 2008

My son has completed his first year of school here. This isn't his first year in a learning environment and I like the school alot compared to other institutes he has been in. I have to agree with other comments that speaking to Mr. Boone doesn't always correct a situation, but I have also found that when people see that you ARE paying attention to your child's education, they will respond accordingly.

Posted November 6, 2007

My child is currently enrolled in CCL in there 3 year old program. The school has it good days and than there bad days. The teachers are excellent. I would not recommend CCL to anyone because of the administration Mr. Karl Boone he is very unprofessional did not listen to the comments of the parents. It is a family run school, which means all the officials are related so you will not get any where.

Posted January 8, 2007

My child has been attending CCL since she was 2years old and she is now in the Pre-K class. The school has its +'s and -'s just like anyother institution of learning. As a parent you have to be envolved with what your child is doing. The staff from the principal to the janitors are nuturing and caring. I recommend CCL as a great start for any child. Unfortunalty they only go to 2nd grade but with the start they receive they will have a good foundation.

Posted February 15, 2006

My daughter attended CFCL when she was 3/4yrs old. I took her out of the program because she was not being cared for as I orginally thought. The teachers are often more concerned about being in cliques as opposed to instructing my child. They tend to teach toward the highest level child. I was often inside the classroom volunteering. While there the 4yr olds were pushed into crowded classrooms. If your child was falling behind, it often became your problem. The administration Mr. Carl Boone although professional did not listen to the comments of the parents. He appeared be a part of what seemed to be a family run business where the entire staff was related. I would not recommend that you entrust these individuals with your children.

Posted November 16, 2005

My child attended the Summer Camp '05 session and is now enrolled for our first academic year. I was not pleased with the camp;however, was optimist about the school year. To my disappointment, the 3yr old class was very overcrowded, leaving the children in a babysitting clutter. To our relief, after speaking to the principal personally, that class has been split into two groups for academic sessions (not including lunch, gym, etc.) Now our child is learning comfortably and doing well. There is a private dance program available to the children. This just goes to show that parent involvement and open communication can change the environment for the better. Don't just give up on 'our' schools. Constructively fight for the well-fare of them all. CCL is a safe, clean, and christian school. Parents - please get invovled. The children need you and the staff and principal cannot do it alone.

Posted January 11, 2005

My child has been attending this school for 3 years. This is a great school with small class sizes, an active PTA, and a Christian environment. The staff is dedicated and challenges students to learn beyond their levels. The students not only love the school but the parents do too. It is the goal of CCL to enhance the student s overall well being and that s what they do.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Pentecostal

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5150 Baltimore National Pike