Public charter
Baltimore, MD

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2010
Cherry is by far the worst thing to ever happen to this school. There is no consistency or positive motivation for either students or staff. Students run the school and the teachers can't do anything except try to keep up.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 3

Posted October 22, 2009
My children attend FLT and it is better thn the schools in the area. The teachers and staff are caring and involved and they encourage parental involvement my child has been there since the 1st grade and i have a child in K. they have imroved since Mr. Cherry has been there. To improve the other childrens parents need to be there if you cant be there thats cool. You can Call, POP UP and see what your kids are doing. By involved i dont mean there every day but do extra with the school. The children could be more respectful but look at the envionment you can tell the students whos parents are involved because they have respect for authority and school property. Great Job Mr Cherry and Staff and Involved Parents.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2009
I believe we have a long way to go, but we need to keep the edison schools involved. We need to meet standards for education, not cleanliness. Cleanliness is important also, but we need to focus on what is going to get our kids on the road to success.I really don't want o move my son to another school, but i need to make sure that the school he attends is meeting standards, and right now, we are not doing that.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 5

Posted August 06, 2009
i love the school its clean the staff respects one another when the students see the staff on a resectful level they will respect each other the school is also an safe place.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 5

Posted March 27, 2007
Being a parent of students at Templeton for 7 years I have to say that edison has made huge sccomplisments in this school. This school now have kids wanting to attend school. My daughter juat graduated from there last year. I could not stand that she had to leave. I felt that she was safe there. The teachers at Furman really care about there students. The staff at Furman even helps with my son that does not attend the school. They treat their students and families with respect. I will hold this school up with pride. I am proud to say my kids attended and 2 still attending an Edison School.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2006
Upon returning to live in Baltimore in 2003, my son orginally went to another school within the city. The school was deplorable and the children were out of control. My son was attacked on the playground by some older children and there weren't any adults to supervise them. After, that incident, my son was transferred to Furman L. Templeton and I can honestly say that this school cares about the students. Of course, they have their share of troubled children, that's a given when observing the immediate environment in which these children have to reside in daily. However, it is our duty as caring parents to guide our children and Furman L. Templeton Elementary to assist us in that guidance and educational responsibility. The school has done this so well that I have just enrolled my youngest son and am looking forward to a rewarding and joyful partnership with the school. Thanks for your assitance.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2006
My child has been attending Furman since 2003. Since Mrs. Randall's promotion I have seen a tremendous change throughout the school. For example, it is now mandatory that students wear uniforms to school. Whereas before students wore whatever they wanted. I also think that Mrs. Randall and her behavior management team have taken great strides towards helping many of the children who have behavior problems. They consistently try to contain the disruptive behavior; however, parents need discipline their children at home as well. I honestly think that Furman is a terrific school and it is well on its way to becoming excellent, despite its few flaws. My child learned has learned alot thanks to her wonderful and loving teacher, Ms. Kalamis Maduro. She is one of the best teachers at Furman. Moreover, I do believe that Furman needs to add more extracurricular activities and parent involvement.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2006
I think that FLT is a school in need of a new direction. During the winter the heat worked sometimes and now that it's summer we have to deal with extreme heat. The children are out of control. They curse and fight with each other as well as the teachers. They get sent to in school which is a joke. Classes are filled with children that have problems that aren't being properly addressed. A lot of the children will move on to a situation that they are not ready for, because of the fact that they have learning disabilities. I think that the how program needs to be rethought.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2005
My child attend Furman L. Templeton/Edison school. He been there for about 5years now. Since they have promoted Ms.Eveyln Randall for a principal the children are out of control. When a teacher send a student down to the office to be deal with. They turn around and send the student back to the room and tells the teacher you handle it. There are fights everyday at the school. There are a few teachers that really want to help students out but the others don't not care. They are there just to collect a pay check. Their are children attended this school that have behavior problems and on meditation. Some of the teachers have resigning for their job and gone to other schools for piece of mind. I'm tranferring my son out of this trouble school ASAP. I would not recommend any child to attend this school not even a dog.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2005
Furman l templeton is a good school the students are well being students.The teahers are great with comunicating with the student ny granddaughter has attended Furman for 4 years and I have never seen her grades shoot up like they did.I guess what im trying to say thank you Furman L Templeton.

Furman L. Templeton Elementary School
1200 Pennsylvania Ave, Baltimore, MD  21217
Last modified Furman L. Templeton Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Furman L. Templeton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top