Baltimore, MD

Posted August 25, 2014
As a teacher I hate to talk about the school system but this school is HORRIBLE. . My son last 2 months of 6th grade his teachers was always absent. He never received homework. . Every time I visit the students were running around, eating food or cussing out each other. Most teachers didn't do anything. They need to revamp the entire school. . Maybe it's the lack of resources but something has to change

Posted July 28, 2014
The principal is never in the building, gossips and undermines staff. She has no clue what goes on in the building. The building is filthy, she never leaves her office, and is always on the defensive.

Posted July 26, 2013
any parent that calls a school that has a great school rating of 2 out of 10 needs to start doing their homework. if you think this school is soo good for your child, you need to read the rating and test scores.

Posted July 11, 2013
The school has a very low level. The teachers are not good. In December fired a teacher and put kindergarten kids in to first grade and of the first graders did learned nothing. There is bullying, and children seem very wild. No organization whatsoever. that the school has a two rating. I have to take my son and put him in private. As I did with my daughter. I'm disgusted with this school. The level of that school is bad and these children do not learn anything

Garrett Heights Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2013
This is a nice school. Wonderful and bright children and caring teachers. This school is on the rise!

Posted June 05, 2013
Im getting my kid out of there ! the kids are very agressive ! i cant trust leaving my kid there anymore ! I think Hamilton school is worst? Im paying private. I 3 grader beat up a little PK?? DISGUSTING ! PARENTS ARE RUDE DRIVING LIKE CRAZY. USING BAD LANGUAGE ! I DONT WANT MY KID TO BE A WILD CHILD !!

Garrett Heights Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
GARRETT HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL HELPED MY DAUGHTER REGAIN HER LOVE FOR SCHOOL AND LEARNING-SHE HAD BEEN THROUGH 2 OTHER SCHOOLS AND HER TEACHER AT GARRETT MRS. ENASARIO REALLY BELIEVED IN HER WHICH HELPED HER BELIEVE IN HERSELF -SHE SACRIFICED SATURDAYS FOR HER AND WAS JUST THE BEST THE WHOLE STAFF AT GARRETT ARE AWESOME EVEN DOWN TO THE VOLUNTEERS MRS. BOWDEN WHO IS MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER'S TEACHER IS SO PATIENT AND MY DAUGHTER READS SO WELL NOW--I LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR AT THIS SCHOOL BECAUSE GARRETT HEIGHTS ROCKS

Posted January 12, 2013
This school has definitely gone downhill since I attended (class of 2000) . My daughter is in Kindergarten this year and although most of the teachers who have been there for years are great, it is the environment. There really are not a lot of resources for the students and not a lot of activities in terms of focusing on arts, sciences, or math. There is also the issue of not working with the more advanced students or the students that are not up with the rest of the students. They teach them at the same time and pace, which holds the more advanced students back and leaves the ones that need more assistance to catch up quickly. That also goes for students with behavioral problems, instead of separating them from the rest of the students, they hold the class back. I personally do not feel that mixing the elementary students with the middle school students is a good idea, especially when there are issues with profanity around the little ones and bad behavior. I really don't feel like the principal is as up to par as the ones in the past. I am trying to get my child in a charter school next year. This school is better than a lot of city schools, but it is still going downhill.

Posted May 30, 2012
This school is absolutely a total and utter disaster! Most of the parents in the neighborhood (those who can afford it) send their children to private schools. I wish I had that option. When ever I have an issue I'm always sent to talk to someone other than the principle, I've never met the principle even when I requested. My biggest issue is bullying, which I have complained about for a year and nothing has been done. Problematic children are a big problem at this school as consequences aren't enforced and there doesn't seem to be any order and discipline. The teachers are overwhelmed and unorganized. There doesn't seem to be any leadership at this school. The school while beautiful on the outside is an terrible need of repairs. I will send my child to another school next year. This school has been nothing but a big headache!

Posted July 19, 2011
Ever Since Ms.Goodin and Mrs.Ross have to retire. THIS SCHOOL WAS A DISASTER The New principal Ms.OLA-NIYI and asistant Mrs.Muhammmad are trying their best to be great as the previous.. I have A PREDICTION that the school should be inviteing good mannered students.... Even My Children is saying that....

Garrett Heights Elementary School
2800 Ailsa Ave, Baltimore, MD  21214
Last modified Garrett Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garrett Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top