Bad
Good

k.I.P.P. is a great school where my son is really challenged. He has about 2hours of relevant(not busy) homework each night, including spelling/vocab. His teachers are accessible and eagerly reply every time I contact them. My son loves the reward system in place for behavior and participation. K.I.P.P. is a school that exercises common sense, for example, before they told my 6th grader he had to type his report, they made sure typing was taught in his technology class. Yes, I am a proud KIPPSTER's Mom!

I have mixed feelings about KIPP right now. It's not the school it used to be. Although I understand the need to make changes or adjustments based on the increased enrollment numbers, KIPP has lost something. The "spark" is gone. I'm not sure what to make of what I'm currently see. My youngest child is there now and there is a huge difference from previous years. I will have to wait and see. But I am not impressed at the moment.

My school is very very Strict . Its a good school i Guess I dont really know For real

KIPP Ujima Village Academy is a school that provides and supports its students from 5th grade through college. I am a proud parent of a 6th grade student this year. Since attending KIPP Ujima, he has a desire to learn and he is encouraged to do his best. The school offers opportunities for the student to focus on areas/subjects that he may need additional instruction. The teacher and parent relationship is a partnership that is unlike any other public school in Baltimore. The administration is open to ideas and is focused on growth for the student, the teachers and the parents. KIPP Ujima exemplifies the proverb that it takes a village to raise a child to the level that it takes a village to raise a college graduate.

KIPP UJIMA VILLAGE ACADEMY, Has been a blessing to my family. My daughter entered the school from the schools waiting list in the seventh grade. I had fears of the change because I did not want the move to change her chance of getting into a great high school. Because the seventh grade year is so important in this process. She entered the school and with the help of a great staff, and determined and involved princapal the transition was seamless. She had a wonderful year that was filled with new challenges, new friends and endless possibilities. This school and its staff motivates, inspires, ensure, and promote a high level of self esteem, respect, and knowledge. KIPP ROCKS!

KIPP Teachers, Administrators and Students really work hard to help people feel welcomed in the school. They also work together and help each other. This is unheard of in the Baltimore City school system. The attitudes of the people there really provide an inviting and safe environment which I'm sure is one of the main reasons they have such high test scores and grade averages.

One of my sons graduated in 2010 from KIPP where he performed excellently. Though he didn't get accepted into some independent schools like some of his peers he is receiving an above average education @Baltimore city polytechnic High school where he continues to thrive. My other son is currently an 8th grader @ KIPP, though there have been drastic changes within this school (not all good) I still believe my children could not have received a better public school education anywhere else in Baltimore city.Kipp to college is a huge benefit by keeping a relationship with the the students while in high school to ensure they stay on the road to college. Kipp still have some of it's original teachers but have had 3 principals since I've been a Kipp parent. They have lost some quality benefits like Saturday school, NAL, extended school days ( though they are in school longer than other city schools.).they now have the whole school building to the Kipp family now housing their elementary school Kipp harmony. Mr Nornhold is an excellent math teacher he prepared my son for algebra 2 in 9th grade. The former spanish Ms.McCrory prepared my son for spanish 2 in 9th grade. KIPP is great!

KIPP UVA offers a complete community based school environment. The teachers and staff are available whenever needed by both students and parents via school provide cell phones. They are committed to each student not only learning at grade level but their goal is for every student to excel. Each student learns that high school is only a stepping stone in what is expected of them. The teachers want student to know that college graduation is attainable and there is even a support program for students that encounter challenges while in high school to ensure that they complete the goal of going to college. The extended day program, after-school activities and homework leave no time for students to become distracted. I am very pleased with the education my son has received at KIPP UVA.

Kipp Ujima is not a bad school for its intent is to provide academic excellence for inner city students. Indeed, its test scores on standardized tests seem to vouch for a certain modicum of success. However, such success seems to have drowned out much needed criticism of certain aspects of the school. For instance all KIPP instructors are not operating at a professional level. For instance there is one teacher in particular who imposes penalties/punishments on the entire class for the actions of a few. This is indicative of poor classroom management and a desire not to confront those few who are the instigators of the disorder. These and many other criticisms of a more serious nature are not heeded by the principal. Some inner city parents are not overly concerned with certain lapses in KIPP+ because of the deplorable state of area zone schools.

LOVE IT!!! My son is a 5th Grader here and he has NEVER liked math, the way they go about teaching is so 'Outside the box' He was always an Honor Roll student but he has only been an 80% student in math. His NERY FIRST Math test @ KIPP he scored a 93% which means his math teacher did in 1 month what his former scholl failed to do in 4 years. I was given links to web pages to assist with studying for his test (fun activities) which we used and still do even when he has no test. My son is an A Math student in 1 month. That says something. I also LOVE Mr. Toler he is MARVELOUS, if you have a probem he has a resolution and he will follow through!!! I LOVE KIPP!!!

Last modified K.I.P.P. Ujima Village Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8