Connexions Community Leadership Academy

Charter | 6-12

Posted July 9, 2012

Coming from Parochial School to Public School. I could not have made a better choice. A challenge in the begining. She flourished here. I wish I had this school for me.

Posted October 13, 2011

I love this school so far... My daughter has a learning disabilty and self asteem issues but since she started shes doing great and is feeling good about her self!!!

Posted March 30, 2011

I Love this school. My kids are happy to be at a place where they get alot of 1-on-1 attention. I love the small class sizes, which makes it easier for my children to learn. I know everything that goes on in this school because they communicate so well. Every month I attend a school house meeting where I am allowed to speak freely, all of the school information is explained to me, and I have a chance to address my issues. I speak very highly of the arts program that they have at the school. I also love the fact that I can always contact someone of a higher position there. I have teachers personal emails, and phone numbers and I am allowed to come and visit anytime. Overall, I love love love this school. Any parent would be happy to send their child(ren) to this school because its a good place for them to learn while practicing the craft of art.

Posted October 22, 2009

My daughter has attended this school since 6th grade. Wonderfun school enviroment. School Board should use them as a model for the entire system

Posted December 10, 2008

My child grew up with this staff. A few of the staff member came from my son's elementary school. He is in middle now and will be in high school next year. This school has a team of great teachers and staff. they become mentors, fathers, mothers, and bestfriends of our children. I know with their help I am raising a well rounded young man whom will be a productive citizen one day.

Posted June 12, 2008

My daughter just graduated from the middle school and is going to Connexions High School in the fall. I was extremely impressed with the program and the relationships the teachers develop with the students. They are caring, supportive, and encouraging, oftentimes going above and beyond the call of duty. I was so impressed with the middle school program, that I have enrolled my youngest son for the fall of this year!!!!!! Keep up the excellent work Connexions! Ms. Rascoe

Posted May 12, 2008

I totally disagree with the parent who said there is no homework at ConneXions. This year homework packets were sent home every week for each grade level to help kids get ready for the MSA. The MSA prep this year was really organized and planned. In addition, that parent's comment about electives is just misinformed. The first form was to find out what kids were most interested in. The courses that were most popular were offered in the end. A small school cant be everything to everyone... but this one is exceptional in my opinion. You can go up during the day at anytime and teachers are more than willing to talk to you for a long time about your child. Once they had a meeting with me and every teacher that taught my child was there. I heard Martial Arts is coming back to ConneXions next year...

Posted November 1, 2007

My son has been attending Connexion since the six grade and now has progressed on to the tenth. The teachers at Connexion I believe are some of the best professional, educated teachers Baltimore has ever seen. They have empowered my son to reach the unreachable and has help mode him into one of the finest djembe drummers Connexion has ever had.

Posted October 11, 2007

i loooovvvvveeee this school!!! my son has attended plenty of schools where it seemed like teachers are underpaid and just don't care...the admin here is awesome. you can come to the school anytime and watch your kid in class, join your kid in class, or take a dance class if you feel like it.it is def.a school that is thinking outside the box and the kids actually love being here and coming to school everyday.

Posted September 20, 2007

I believe that Connexions is striving to be a cut above the norm,......and that is an improvement from other schools(in general). Schools can only work with what they have/what's given to them. My daughter has homework every night. She's a 9th grader. And,...her attitude has changed for the positive since she has started Connexions. For me, an attitude change makes Connexions a 'star' in my book. So far, I am pleased with the school and I am behind them 100%!

Posted September 18, 2007

When we first applied to the school they were offering alot of courses Spanish, dance, karate, art, videography etc..., but when we were accepted and the first day of orientation they offered only dance, drum, french, art 2d, and spanish. I am very disappointed in this school all together. My son comes home constantly with no homework. It would be nice to have contact with the school, teachers someone I can talk with.

Posted October 12, 2006

I have two children that attend this school and it is an excellent school. The teachers and administrators truly care about the students and their education. They believe in the children and show them that they do. My only problem with this school is the location. It is housed behind another middle school and the students at Connexions have to worry about being jumped by the other students. Of course, the admin. is aware of that problem and are truly working hard to find a solution to this problem. The staff are very approachable and accessible. Great school!

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

50 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

51 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 71% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra

The state average for Algebra was 84% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 83% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 83% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Maryland used the Maryland High School Assessments (HSA) to test students in English 2, Algebra, and Biology upon completion of each course. The HSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. Students are required to pass the tests in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to pass the tests.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Male 37%N/A51%
Female 63%N/A49%
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 76%N/A42%

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Performing and written arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2801 Dukeland St