Baltimore, MD

Posted July 13, 2012
My children have been attending GWES for 2 years now and I must say I love it. THe class sizes are small because the school itself is small. The teachers pay close attention to the individual student learning and my son learned to read in PRE K. I am thouroughly excited and I feel that they are being properly nurtured and their brains are being developed to the maximum ability. I really like the afterschool program as well. They help with homework so by the time I get off from work and pick them up I only have to review.

Posted June 27, 2011
Principal Rice and her team has turned the school around since the public catastrophy of the previous principal Susan Burgess. Ms. RIce has given her students and staff the confidence to believe in themselves and achieve . My children attend the school and enjoy the various after school clubs, such as the SGA, guitar classes, chess club, basketball and cheerleading. Ms. Rice has also formed the first PTA in years at the school.The school can only get stronger next year.

Posted September 30, 2010
George Washington Elementary school has the greatest principal. Her students are her top priority.

Posted May 23, 2009

George Washington Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2009
This school looks good in comparison to other city schools. In reality, it has much room for improvement. While some faculty and staff strive to provide the best possible education in the least restrictive environment, others rely belittling and squashing children's best effort. This school is in need of stronger leadership; leadership that is not enmeshed with it's faculty; leadership that upholds a high standard of faculty behavior and professionalism.

Posted February 22, 2008
My children have been going to this school for a couple of years now.The teacher are the best in Baltimore city.I love the school because the classes are small and the children are getting the best education in the city.

Posted September 20, 2005
My child has been going to this school for 4 years. You couldnt ask for a better elementary school. The teachers are good with the children, the classroom sizes are small. The school is small therefore everybody will know each other. i feel that my child is getting the best education at GWES.

Posted June 06, 2004
My child has attended GWES since pre-k. The teachers are wonderful and highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. I'll miss all the staff as my child graduates this year. Thank you GWES for bringing out the best in my child and giving him the encouragement and confidence he needs to go out into the world.

George Washington Elementary School
800 Scott St, Baltimore, MD  21230
Last modified George Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top