Baltimore, MD

Garrison Middle School 3

Posted January 23, 2006
Having been a student of Garrison Middle, I know--first hand--about the experiences and conflicts associated with its environment.Even though there were some fights and classroom conflicts, it was no worse than any other Baltimore City Public School. In fact,when I was a 'middle schooler', Garrison offered various safe and effective programs that kept many students away from the conflict and fight scenes. I--in particular--was a member of the National Academic League(NAL)at Garrison. This club not only kept my friends and I out of trouble, but it also implemented good study habits, and covered much of our class material. I am very proud to have graduated from Garrison because the lessons I learned there are still beneficial to my life now.

Garrison Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2005
When I attended GMS I felt as ease. At first I was a bit scared. Then my homeroom teacher as well as math teacher Mr.Kerr informed that everything was fine. And boy was he right. I never thought that I would actually use language arts in every day life. thenks mr.kerr, mr.lee, mrs. tilghman,mrs.wineburg, mrs.king and mrs. jones, and all the other teachers and administrators up there! thanks a whole lot!

Garrison Middle School 1

Posted June 08, 2005
That school is upsetting because they have no air condition and my child complains about it being too hot and complain about the kids in the school.

Garrison Middle School 3

Posted October 18, 2004
The clasrooms are too over crowded.

Garrison Middle School 1

Posted June 30, 2004
Garrison middle could truely be a good school for our city children. But until there is a great overhaul our children are in dire trouble of failing each and every year. I was so glad to read in the Baltimore Sun that and overhaul of teachers, administration & curriculum are in the works. This past school year of 2003-2004 was the worst year yet and I've had 1 daughter in this school now for 2 years. The administrative staff in the front office are the most unprofessional people I've ever experienced. As well as the teachers. They disrespect the children in ways the Baltimore City system is not aware of and of course they are never held accountable for their actions, only the children. Please consider replacing the principle as well. Thank you.

Garrison Middle School 2

Posted September 10, 2003
As a parent of a Garrison student, I have the worst experience with that school in the past year. As another parent stated the staff is very disrespectful when it comes to the kids. They yell [and] talk [to] the kids any kind of way [and] I have witnessed this behavior hands on standing in the office. Their way of disciplining a student for anything is sending them home. No matter how big or small the problem may be they send the kids home. That is ridiculous when you have a school in the inner city, that is a treat for the kids because most of them don't have any guidance at home or the parents work.

Garrison Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2003
My daughter is not very impressed with the guidance she receives at this school. She's been disrespected {in my presence} by the teaching staff, as well as some of the administrative staff in the front office. The administrative staff are the first people who greet you upon arrival, or the first people you speak with when calling the school. Several are totally disrespectful & unprofessional. This can & has lowered self-esteem within our youth. How can they expect our children to have respect for them, when they have none for the children. This can not be and should be investigated upon. There are certain teachers who have placed their hands on students. This is not their place to do this. There have been teachers & administrators who have not disciplined students for their behaviors. This too needs to be investigated.

Garrison Middle School