Posted December 04, 2014
I was reading some of the other comments, and while I do agree this school has a lot of issues and is a terrible school...I don't think that because children come from broken families with step siblings or half siblings is a bad thing or effects their learning. its called REALITY! I totally disagree with the parent that made that comment and actually think it is very rude and closed minded... on another note, my daughter went there for 2 years. the kids were WONDERFUL and she actually had grown up with them. it is a close neighborhood in Hampden, but that school is terrible. 4 year olds should not be going to school with 13 year olds. and the teaching staff is horrible along with the administrative staff. my child didn't learn anything there. not to mention the amount of homework they are given in pre-k and kind. 1-2 hours of homework for 4,5, and 6 year old children is ridiculous! and they had NO RECESS! the principal told us to send our child to school in dark colored pants incase she had an accident no one would see... yes we moved and the new school is AMAZING. she has learned more in 6 months in county school than 2 years at 55 school.

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
I orginally moved from Cockeysville into the Roland Park school district with the belief that my youngest could get a great public school education there, and my oldest was graduating high school, but because of new age requirements my daughter had to stay in Pre-K a 2nd yr. So after having my child attend Hampden for Pre-K, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the wonderful teaching environment and the small intimate school setting versus Roland Park's much larger student population (not to mention when I went with all my documentation to transfer my daughter the office staff at Roland Park was very rude unhelpful and uninviting). Hampden is also an Elem/Middle school which I love the idea of her not having to begin middle school in a new environment as a 6th grader. So I made the decision to let my child continue her education at Hampden and I believe it was the BEST DECISION EVER! Her teachers are very interested in her education, go above and beyond to make sure she is successful, and her test scores are above grade level. As a very well educated parent who also attended BCPS and graduated from Baltimore City College believe me when I say this school is a HIDDEN GEM!

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted August 17, 2014
The teachers and staff at Hampden are skilled and clearly care a great deal about their students. My children like to go to school and are supported in every possible way. I highly recommend it. Definitely one of the best schools is the city!

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted July 20, 2014
Before we moved to the area a year ago, we were wary of Baltimore public schools, but wanted to give Hampden a try after reading such glowing reviews online. Big mistake. We are not only sending our child to private school next year, we are leaving the entire city of Baltimore specifically in search of a better school AND better neighborhood. The teachers and administrators at Hampden do try and definitely give it their all, but the unfortunate reality is that so many of these children from this school come from EXTREMELY unstable, lower-income homes with a lot of chaos in their young lives. My child's classmates have parents who are in and out of prison constantly, addiction issues, multiple stepsiblings and half-siblings in their broken homes, unsteady employment issues, etc. Children routinely appear and disappear from classrooms as they get shuffled to their "other parent's" homes. What is really sad is that some of these kids are extremely bright and capable children. I just hope to God that they can overcome their extremely chaotic home lives as they grow up.

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 3

Posted October 09, 2010
One of the best neighborhood public schools in Baltimore City.

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted September 25, 2008

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted September 02, 2008
I have taught in many Baltimore City Middle Schools, and I think that Hampden Middle School is one of the best. The students are well-behaved and conscientious about their classwork and homework. It is a very safe school, and the overall environment is quite friendly.

Hampden Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted August 10, 2008
Miss Wilson and Miss Healy, the first grade teachers ,are top notch.Most of the teachers are very good,some not so terrific,but the good ones make up for the bad ones.Test scores are usually average-high, the kids do learn alot here.The principal could be a little more understanding and aware of things that happen in this school but overall hampden is like one big extended family,it has its little problems but is still a good school.

Hampden Elementary/Middle School
3608 Chestnut Ave, Baltimore, MD  21211
Last modified Hampden Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampden Elementary/Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top