Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Each teacher has the choice of whether or not to assign homework. Last year my son was given homework each day, but it was an appropriate amount (not too intensive) and this year he does not have homework. Both approaches have worked well for him.

Proud parent of Hampden #55 student. Teachers and administration care greatly about the students' success and parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Go Mustangs!

I have two children at this school (2nd grade and kindergarten). They have both been offered opportunities for gifted and advanced learning and come home happy and brimming with knowledge every day. They enjoy recess, art, and reading time in the gorgeous new library. My husband and I both have advanced degrees and we are completely happy with the challenging curriculum at Hampden and the excellent quality of the teaching.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We have been delighted with the Gifted and Advanced learning opportunities, in both reading and math.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school uses PBIS to incentivize and reward positive behavior among students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have had nothing but excellent teachers at this school!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is assigned, but it is minimal and does not interfere with family and play time.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There are two Kindergarten classes. One of the teachers does not assign homework, but instead gives parents a list of things that the children are working on during the week. The other teacher, who my son has, does assign homework. It's very minimal and I have found it to be helpful.

I have a son in Kindergarten at Hampden EMS #55 and I am pleasantly surprised by how wonderful his experience has been so far. He loves school, his teacher, and his classmates. Before deciding to send him to Kindergarten at Hampden #55, my husband and I looked at many charter schools and even a private school in the area. Now that he's over half way through the school year, I have no doubt that we made the right decision to send him here. The parents that are involved in the school through the PTO and Friends of Hampden 55 have made wonderful improvements. I love that we have such a tight-knit community, and that my son's friends live in our neighborhood now. The school is diverse racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically, which I feel is important in developing character and building empathy. If you haven't toured the school, you should. The new library funded by the Weinberg Foundation is incredible, and Hampden now has a full-time librarian. Overall, teacher turnover is very low at Hampden, which is also a relief for me as a parent. Some things that I feel the school needs to work on are developing after-school programs and/or clubs, and having an onsite after-school program. After-school care is currently offered at the Hampden Family Center or the Roosevelt Rec Center, both of which I've heard good things about, but would prefer if the program was offered at the school.

Very close knit school community where it's evident that the staff genuinely cares about the students.

Last modified Hampden Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.