Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I had several issues that went on for year and little to nothing was done but I see a difference when its other children

Since my child has been attending HHA I staff have really been unfair I feel MR. HORNBECK also has his pick about the students he likes to help my child don't get extra help when she needs it and the teachers fail to communicate with me about my child's grades and reading level

HHA is a wonderful school. The teachers are great, the children are well behaved. This school feels like one big happy family. It's very warm and welcoming and the curriculum is excellent! My son loves his school and so does mom :)

They cook the books. Very teacher and admin focused. Not child focused. They have continued to let my child fall through the cracks and turn their heads the other way as it happens.

This is a Wonderful school! The Teachers and Staff are great and really care about our Children! Mr. Hornbeck is a very dedicated principle and we are very Happy with his leadership!

Love,love this school. This is our 4th year and I can't say enough good things about the caring staff and everyone who devotes 100% of their efforts in making this the best school in the city! We love the diversity and programs and don't think we could get that in the county. A true community and we could not be happier.

Great leadership from Mr. Hornbeck sets the tone for an invested, dedicated staff who are driven to provide the best environment possible to help the children succeed. My kids love their days at HHA.

HHA is all that we could have wished for. We're happy with the progress our child is making, the friends she has, her educators, school projects and events. It was a great decision to send her here. Her teachers are outstanding and professional. The administration is top notch and the focus of everyone is always on the students.

I had concerns with enrolling my daughter in a Baltimore City public school - but after meeting with the principal of HHA and a tour of the school, I felt comfortable in enrolling my daughter at the school. A decision that I have yet to regret - the administration and teachers have been highly responsive and supportive of my daughter's needs and have provided an excellent experience.

Cons: Class sizes are large. Foreign language program is almost non-existent. Pros: The teachers/administrators/staff are so wonderful and caring at this school. We did everything we could to not send our daughter here because of the concerns listed above and because she does have some special needs, but we are so glad she ended up here. We met with the principal before making the decision, had our child shadow a day at school, and toured and almost everyone made the decision much easier. They are proactive seeing to my daughter's needs and if there's a problem, classes are based on ability and the reading groups within the classes are based on level as well. HHA has gone above and beyond to meet our needs.

Last modified Hampstead Hill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.