Public charter
Baltimore, MD

Posted March 04, 2015
Love,love this school. This is our 4th year and I can't say enough good things about the caring staff and everyone who devotes 100% of their efforts in making this the best school in the city! We love the diversity and programs and don't think we could get that in the county. A true community and we could not be happier.

Posted March 04, 2015
Great leadership from Mr. Hornbeck sets the tone for an invested, dedicated staff who are driven to provide the best environment possible to help the children succeed. My kids love their days at HHA.

Posted March 03, 2015
HHA is all that we could have wished for. We're happy with the progress our child is making, the friends she has, her educators, school projects and events. It was a great decision to send her here. Her teachers are outstanding and professional. The administration is top notch and the focus of everyone is always on the students.

Posted March 03, 2015
I had concerns with enrolling my daughter in a Baltimore City public school - but after meeting with the principal of HHA and a tour of the school, I felt comfortable in enrolling my daughter at the school. A decision that I have yet to regret - the administration and teachers have been highly responsive and supportive of my daughter's needs and have provided an excellent experience.

Hampstead Hill Academy 4

Posted March 03, 2015
Cons: Class sizes are large. Foreign language program is almost non-existent. Pros: The teachers/administrators/staff are so wonderful and caring at this school. We did everything we could to not send our daughter here because of the concerns listed above and because she does have some special needs, but we are so glad she ended up here. We met with the principal before making the decision, had our child shadow a day at school, and toured and almost everyone made the decision much easier. They are proactive seeing to my daughter's needs and if there's a problem, classes are based on ability and the reading groups within the classes are based on level as well. HHA has gone above and beyond to meet our needs.

Posted November 23, 2014
HHA is a great school-- it has the diversity that we wanted for our kids (3rd and 1st grade) in a city school with all of the resources that you would expect in a county school. The school is heavily invested in science and the performing arts-- drama, band, orchestra, etc. Best of all, I do not feel like I am "settling" at all in sending my kids here.

Posted April 02, 2014
My child entered this school in the 7th grade and has learned do much he is an 8th grader now and continues to do awesome .If you want a school where the teachers go above and beyond for there kids this is the one you want. The principal knows every student by name how cool is that. HHA there are coach class among other things set in place for your child I love this school

Posted April 12, 2013
My daughter graduates from Hamstead Hill this year. She has been in this school since 1st grade. I couldnt have asked for a better school. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. There are so many programs and opportunities for the students. They are challenged academically and fair quite well on testing. Help is readily available if need be in any area your child may struggle. I wish they went all the way thru 12th grade.

Posted October 11, 2011
My child has been attending HHA for 5 years. This school is heavily resourced and the teaching standards are excellent. I appreciate the supplemental services they provide such as an excellent sbefore and aftercare program, debate team, chess club to name a few. The school is economically, racially and ethnically diverse. I appreciate their Food For Life program and their community garden. I have a great amount of respect for their ability to motivate and engage children. My child was tested reading at a 5th grade level nationally as a rising 3rd grader. I hope that parents who are sending their children to local private schools take a look at the community school model. It is also great to have Patterson Park right next door. Excellent work Mr. Hornbeck who knows every student's name in the school. Amazing!!! One happy parent.

Posted May 15, 2011
I love Hampstead Hill Academy I have been here since pre-k and I am currently in the 6th grade. I love how I am learning world History and English in the 6th grade it makes me sad that we are not the best school though because personally Hampstead Hill offers great things and opens lots of doors

Hampstead Hill Academy
500 South Linwood Ave, Baltimore, MD  21224
Last modified Hampstead Hill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampstead Hill Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top