Bad
Good

Posted June 22, 2016
HHA is a wonderful school. The teachers are great, the children are well behaved. This school feels like one big happy family. It's very warm and welcoming and the curriculum is excellent! My son loves his school and so does mom :)

Hampstead Hill Academy 2

Posted June 16, 2016
They cook the books. Very teacher and admin focused. Not child focused. They have continued to let my child fall through the cracks and turn their heads the other way as it happens.

Posted October 26, 2015
This is a Wonderful school! The Teachers and Staff are great and really care about our Children! Mr. Hornbeck is a very dedicated principle and we are very Happy with his leadership!

Posted March 04, 2015
Love,love this school. This is our 4th year and I can't say enough good things about the caring staff and everyone who devotes 100% of their efforts in making this the best school in the city! We love the diversity and programs and don't think we could get that in the county. A true community and we could not be happier.

Posted March 04, 2015
Great leadership from Mr. Hornbeck sets the tone for an invested, dedicated staff who are driven to provide the best environment possible to help the children succeed. My kids love their days at HHA.

Posted March 03, 2015
HHA is all that we could have wished for. We're happy with the progress our child is making, the friends she has, her educators, school projects and events. It was a great decision to send her here. Her teachers are outstanding and professional. The administration is top notch and the focus of everyone is always on the students.

Posted March 03, 2015
I had concerns with enrolling my daughter in a Baltimore City public school - but after meeting with the principal of HHA and a tour of the school, I felt comfortable in enrolling my daughter at the school. A decision that I have yet to regret - the administration and teachers have been highly responsive and supportive of my daughter's needs and have provided an excellent experience.

Hampstead Hill Academy 4

Posted March 03, 2015
Cons: Class sizes are large. Foreign language program is almost non-existent. Pros: The teachers/administrators/staff are so wonderful and caring at this school. We did everything we could to not send our daughter here because of the concerns listed above and because she does have some special needs, but we are so glad she ended up here. We met with the principal before making the decision, had our child shadow a day at school, and toured and almost everyone made the decision much easier. They are proactive seeing to my daughter's needs and if there's a problem, classes are based on ability and the reading groups within the classes are based on level as well. HHA has gone above and beyond to meet our needs.

Posted November 23, 2014
HHA is a great school-- it has the diversity that we wanted for our kids (3rd and 1st grade) in a city school with all of the resources that you would expect in a county school. The school is heavily invested in science and the performing arts-- drama, band, orchestra, etc. Best of all, I do not feel like I am "settling" at all in sending my kids here.

Posted April 02, 2014
My child entered this school in the 7th grade and has learned do much he is an 8th grader now and continues to do awesome .If you want a school where the teachers go above and beyond for there kids this is the one you want. The principal knows every student by name how cool is that. HHA there are coach class among other things set in place for your child I love this school

Hampstead Hill Academy
500 South Linwood Ave, Baltimore, MD  21224
Last modified Hampstead Hill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.