Posted November 23, 2014
HHA is a great school-- it has the diversity that we wanted for our kids (3rd and 1st grade) in a city school with all of the resources that you would expect in a county school. The school is heavily invested in science and the performing arts-- drama, band, orchestra, etc. Best of all, I do not feel like I am "settling" at all in sending my kids here.

Posted April 02, 2014
My child entered this school in the 7th grade and has learned do much he is an 8th grader now and continues to do awesome .If you want a school where the teachers go above and beyond for there kids this is the one you want. The principal knows every student by name how cool is that. HHA there are coach class among other things set in place for your child I love this school

Posted April 12, 2013
My daughter graduates from Hamstead Hill this year. She has been in this school since 1st grade. I couldnt have asked for a better school. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. There are so many programs and opportunities for the students. They are challenged academically and fair quite well on testing. Help is readily available if need be in any area your child may struggle. I wish they went all the way thru 12th grade.

Posted October 11, 2011
My child has been attending HHA for 5 years. This school is heavily resourced and the teaching standards are excellent. I appreciate the supplemental services they provide such as an excellent sbefore and aftercare program, debate team, chess club to name a few. The school is economically, racially and ethnically diverse. I appreciate their Food For Life program and their community garden. I have a great amount of respect for their ability to motivate and engage children. My child was tested reading at a 5th grade level nationally as a rising 3rd grader. I hope that parents who are sending their children to local private schools take a look at the community school model. It is also great to have Patterson Park right next door. Excellent work Mr. Hornbeck who knows every student's name in the school. Amazing!!! One happy parent.

Posted May 15, 2011
I love Hampstead Hill Academy I have been here since pre-k and I am currently in the 6th grade. I love how I am learning world History and English in the 6th grade it makes me sad that we are not the best school though because personally Hampstead Hill offers great things and opens lots of doors

Hampstead Hill Academy 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Hampstead Hill is a wonderful school. My child was there from the 2nd through part of the 4th grade before we had to relocate. How we miss that school! The teachers were top notch, caring and I can't say enough about how wonderful Mr. Hornbeck and Mr. Carpenter were as administrators. I still marvel at how Mr. Hornbeck and Mr. Carpenter knew every student's name. The afterschool activities are wonderful. I wish we had school like Hampstead Hill where I am living now.

Hampstead Hill Academy 0

Posted May 13, 2010
It's really important for children to be able to attend a local school within their community and experience a positive environment. Hampstead Hill offers a great environment with a good curriculum to its community. Exposing children to each other and their neighbors. It strengthens communities and as a mother with little hope of sending my child to private school and yet also having a good job and ambition, it is a comfort knowing that their are some great schools which can provide a strong education as well as the benefits of being a community based school in an urban setting. Patterson Park offers some well deserved respite and the school itself is well equipped and staffed.

Posted March 20, 2010
I think Hampstead Hill Academy is a great school. Mr. Hornbeck is a fantastic principal who really cares about the students. The teachers are also very attentive and caring. We are very fortunate to have found this school.

Posted March 13, 2010

Posted October 30, 2009
I am currently an 8th grader at Hampstead Hilll Academy and I have been going to Hampatead Hill ever since I was in the 1st grade . We have uniforms which I do not mind ,because it only takes me 5 min to get dressed in the morning . The teachers are great with us because they help us one on one whenever we need it and they acutully enforce rules which other schools don't .Hampstead Hilll Academy also has so may after school activites it is crazy , things ranging from Soccer, Chess, Art club, basketball, yearbook, band, orchestra, Culinary Arts, Board games club, Plays (drama), and so so much more ! I would definetlly recomend Hampstead Hill Academy for your child I bet you will love it ! Our grades our so high and classes are pre-k - 8th grade !

Hampstead Hill Academy
500 South Linwood Ave, Baltimore, MD  21224
Last modified Hampstead Hill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampstead Hill Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top