Posted August 04, 2014
This is the worst school my children has been to, the elementary side it not that bad but the middle school side is horrible i was in utter belief that this is where i had to send my kids to school, if the teacher tells me with her head in her hand "mom this is a good day" and the whole time i was sitting there, she was not able to teach the class because she had to keep telling the problem children stop doing this and that. I can only imagine how a bad day would be. It made me sick on my stomach. I feel like if i keep my child at this school that i have failed her as a mother. I'm a mother who cares about my children and there future. Parents you have to really try your best to be involved in your children educations especially if you have a child that is on these medications and most of them are on the medications so that you can get the check and its making it hard for the children who are not on medication and have parents who really care about there futures

Hazelwood Elementary/Middle School 3

Posted September 12, 2013
The reviews here are dating back to 2008 and reading the comments it is obvious many were not written by adults. There are many changes that have taken place within the school. The faculty and administration is completely different from the ones during the years of these reviews. Our community is WELCOMED and ENCOURAGED to come, see, and experience the difference. Give the students a fair chance to excel without being tainted by parents' perceived negative experiences or personal gripes.

Hazelwood Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted September 11, 2013
Hazelwood isn't the best and it's not the worst school to send your child to.My child did pretty good at Hazelwood despite the obstacles he had to face in school.If I can help it I would not send any of my other children there. Unless they get a better reputation.Hazelwood just needs staff and parents that are willing to make that school a better place for there students.In my opinion if you are looking for a school,do your research first.

Posted August 07, 2013
This was the worst school i have ever went to The kids were terrible. I will admit some teachers there did care but most didn't and were very disrespectful towards us they let the kids disrespect them AND everything the kids do they acted like they didn't see it the Vice prin showed FAVORITISM the MAIN Prin did not do ONE thing there were even staff that were there but had no purpose one staff even got a 15 year old preg!!! i'm glad i am gone from that school as a high school student i am much more happy now as i felt with this school transferring was the worst decision in my life.

Posted July 08, 2013
I live 3 blocks from this school but I want to thank you for your honest reviews. There are so many bad reviews. Thanks, to your reviews I will be driving my child to a different school.

Posted June 09, 2013
MThis school is horrible! My name is Chyna Lowe, I've been going to Hazelwood for eight years now. The vice principal shows favoritism, lots of it too. The students are horrible too, but no one does anything about it. I don't think that parents should bring their kids to Hazelwood, in a student's point of view.

Posted August 16, 2011
This school is getto and just so bad i dont like it. and the teachers dont relly care just about their paycheck and my daughter almost failed cause of 1 of the teachers not relly teacheing and they are just so irgraneitt.hazelwood dont send ur kids there or they might fail

Posted August 16, 2011
dis school is the worst my kid jarawda'ee almost failed beacause of these teachers and pricibles i send her to summer school then she past but i just dont get it they just dont care about ur kid and they worry about their hair and nails not ur kid so i fussed them out my child is smart and get straight A+ and stuff when she came here they fail her like what in the world

Posted August 16, 2011
my child and a girl name monica at hazelwood hand out right and monica is a bad influwence so dont send your child there or they might meet a girl name monica and she relly bad at some hazelwood and the school is relly bad thumbs down for that school

Posted January 12, 2011
This school is the worst school to send your children to. the some on the staff there are really unprofessional. The vice-principal there seems to show favoritism rather than care about what matters. She told me that my child getting bullied in another school did not matter to her. If the vice principal does not care then who will. Like I said worst school ever. If you do not work here do not send your child to this school. My daughters were bullied and that matter was not reported. Only because the kids that bullied them, mother works for the school and the vice principal known them all their lives. Well you should know bad kids then. This will be their last year at this school.

Hazelwood Elementary/Middle School
4517 Hazelwood Ave, Baltimore, MD  21206
Last modified Hazelwood Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazelwood Elementary/Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top