Baltimore, MD

Posted March 13, 2015
This school is not a school... The kids run your teachers. Teachers not teaching they in the teachers cafe room..

Posted March 23, 2012
I am a parent of a child attending Holabird Academy. The school has very poor leadership in regard to the some of the teachers and the principal. I have witnessed the principal screaming at the children to the top of his lungs as an attempt to regain order in the school. The school leaders lack in communication skills as far as talking to the students in the proper way and trying to understand what the students are going through while attending this school. Anyone considering putting their child in this school please stop by and sit in the cafeteria. It will give you perspective on the professionalism of the staff and the lack of communication skills that the staff has with the children. Children are acting out in this school and the bullying is at all time high there due to the childrens unstable and underqualified staff that set the bar for what a persons behavior should be in the school. I guess the colleges need to give a class on common sense to the school staff. Staff there really don't see it as a problem that they scream demands at these children everyday. They wonder why the children act out in defiance.

Posted March 23, 2012
Holibird used to be a good school. To many changes have occured within the last year, and I feel that the changes made did not improve the school at all. The manging principal is not my choice of a leader. He does not keep the middle school children under control. I believe that the middle school children could get away with everything under the sun before they are disaplinted with a reasonable punishment. In other reviews I have read, I noticed that a parent had said when we were in school we used to copy our drill from the board to prepare for the lesson of the day and we had to copy our homework off the board. Now they send home a piece of paper with homework, well what is that teaching students, I dont feel that it is teaching them anything they need to know. What ever happened to learning handwriting skills,math skills,copying from a blackboard,being called upon to do a math problem in front of the class. What to resiting the PLEDGE OF ALEGENTS. They do it before a football game,baseball game,tennis etc. Why is it not being done in this school?

Posted August 08, 2009
I think holabird is a great school on the rise, with a wonderful staff who works together to encourage the children to strive for greatness. An provided them with the tools on getting there. Holabird teachers and staff keep up the good work and we Thank you. Ms Krey your the best.

Posted May 05, 2009
While my child is'nt the best student in the school I beleive that he needs to be in a scholl that holds smaller classes.In which I was told that the school couldnt provide that for my child .I can't wait to get him out this school.Don't get me wrong Ms. Krey tries to make the school bettter unfortunatly it not

Holabird Elementary 3

Posted February 04, 2009
I would like to say that since the new principal has arrived Holabird has become a completly differnt school. The principal is very committed to bringing the school up to par. As well as making sure her stuents meet AYP. I know times have changed since I been in school, but I feel like my childern are not gaining as much knolwledge as they should by attending this school. They get dittos for homework, I never see any notes or what they may have worked on in class. I mean how is my childern supose to study at night. When I was in school the first thing we had to do when we arrived was to copy the objective off the board and complete the drill. Which prepared us the the lesson of the day. The school system needs alot of restructuring.

Posted July 06, 2008
I am so proud to hear of the progress Holabird has made. But truthfully I am not surprised. I have had the unique privelege of working with her as a teacher (before her administrative days). Even then she was 100 percent devoted to children. She was also very warm and respectful to parents and fellow teachers. Our schools loss has certainly been Holabirds gain!

Holabird Elementary 3

Posted April 02, 2008
Being a parent of holabird I would deffently recommend this school for any baltimore city child. We have small number of students witch alows better instruction to the student from the teacher. Our classrooms are not crowed.

Holabird Elementary 5

Posted April 02, 2008
i'm a parent at holabird academy and i feel that the school is improving daily. i have been volunteering here for about five yearssince my first child has started here. hopefully i will be hired on next year as a staff. the school has all new staff this year which has made a great sucess. i see a great improvement now. i think holabied deserves 5 stars.

Holabird Elementary 5

Posted September 21, 2007
this school has dune a compleat turn around for the being the best school in baltimore city. there are, music and gym classess for the students. student art work is in the lobby of the school and there work is hung on the hallway walls. there is a parent room and the parents are useing the room and volunteering in the school. local bussiness leaders and parents are trying to get a playground.there will be school plays preformed by the students and they have gone on feild trips. the teachers have all there degrees. bring your child back and they will get a higher quilty instruction because of the smaller classes sizes and exculent teachers. this school is finally being run the way it should be run. Hollabird, Ms. Krey and her staff Rock!!! A Mom Jennifer Miller :):) and proud of it. :)

1500 Imla St, Baltimore, MD  21224
Last modified Holabird Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holabird Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top