Posted August 26, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone! It's always fights, the kids never have homework and they just pass everyone to the next grade, even if they were in the hallway everyday. So glad my daughter is in a better school now & learning :)

Posted June 13, 2014
This school is very bad please parents if you love your children and want them to have a future dont send them to james mchenry my daughter went there for four months it was the worst mistake i have ever made

Posted June 08, 2014
This school is terrible. I have visited this school a number of times and I have observed students running the halls, screaming, teachers being cursed out and absolutely no discipline. My child did not have a science teacher for months. No teacher wants to stay and be abused. The teachers can't do their jobs because some students are so disruptive and there is no accountability. They fight and are back in class. My child is leaving this school this year. Two parents came to school this past year to beat up students.

Posted August 13, 2013
My child has attended this school for since kindergarten. She's now going to the sixth grade. Its close to home and very conveint as far the commute. The staff aren't attentive to the children's needs or academic growth. My child has been on honor roll all quarters every grade and does well on tests and her behavior is excellent. Last year she suffered with bullying,the way the administrators handled the problem was unprofessional and not only showed no concern for my child safety but they also showed no interest in solving the problem The lack of parent involvement , fundraisers, trips and academic curriculum I wouldn't refer anyone to this school.

Posted May 25, 2012
My 2 children were going to this school for about 3 years. I took them out of this school because I did not feel like any of my concerns were being addressed. The staff has no control over the children. Any issues I had seemed to be no big deal. Finally straw I had to go to the school board. I still currently have family in this school and occasionally pick them up students are so rowdy and rude and in my opinion the school seems even worse since middle is combined with it. I think they need security and some kind of futher displinary action toward unruley children the staff acts as if thier hands are tied and they cant say or do anything about fighting and disturbing behavior. what happen to suspensions and detention? Its so sad to see this school go downhill like that. Im so glad my children no longer go to this school.

Posted March 13, 2012
AWFUL SCHOOL. Every day I hear about how mean the teachers are and which teachers or substitutes cursed or yelled at the kids that day. It is unbelievable! Since being at this school jhey have done poorly and after years in which they excelled in most of their clases before transferring to James McHenry. I hope it is possible for them to go to another school in this area.

James Mchenry Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2009
I think that the school has some good teachers that really care for the overall well being of every student. My grand-son was transferred from another school and I have seen a change in his attitude and his will to learn. My hat goes off to the staff for the staff members who have looked out for the kids

James Mchenry Elementary School 3

Posted July 13, 2009

James Mchenry Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2006
My mother has taught at this school for six years. Most of the staff members are very commited to teaching their students. Many programs such as a recreation center, tutorial program, and YMCA help keep the children active and off the streets after school. I have seen the school grow in sucess more and more each year and one day it will be recognized as one of the best. For example, they scored in the top 10 in the city on the Stanford 10 (Grds. 1-2)

James Mchenry Elementary School 5

Posted October 12, 2005
- a former student

James Mchenry Elementary School
31 South Schroeder St, Baltimore, MD  21223
Last modified James Mchenry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Mchenry Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top