Empowerment Academy 4

Posted August 07, 2014
I have had two children taught within the middle and elementary school. Unfortunately, it's a product of the urban school system, however it was a good experience for my children. Teachers were receptive and the principal listened. Whenever I had a concern I was welcomed to sit in classes, meet with teachers, I had ALL the teachers personal cell number and they had mine. I experience one new teacher who had very poor classroom management skills, but she was new and did not come from education. Overall the staff was friendly, they communicated and engaged parents who were willing to be engaged. Ultimately, your child's educational experience should not be handed completely over to the school system.

Empowerment Academy 1

Posted June 08, 2014
The elementary school was fine. The middle school is underfunded and lacking quality teachers. Students are not academically supported or encouraged. The administration ignores both teacher and student complaints. There is only one teacher for each core subject for all three years...6th, 7th, 8th grades. If you have a bad teacher, get used to her, 'cause you will have her for all three years.

Empowerment Academy 2

Posted January 31, 2014
I am very dissappointed with this middle school. It is almost impossible to find out how your child is doing in class because the prinicpal does not allow graded work to be sent home until the end of the year. Teachers are giving grades which they can't explain. They don't have enough supplies or curriculum materials (ex: paper). I would not trust another school in Baltimore city. It appears charter schools do not have the funding that public schools do. If you are moving to Baltimore for employment, commute to the city and live elsewhere !

Posted October 09, 2013
The Empowerment Academy is an PK-8th grade public charter school located in Baltimore City. They incorporates character education into their curriculum which teaches; trustworthiness, responsibility, caring, citizenship, fairness, and respect. I love that they have Spanish instruction and also the Arts, such as; drama and music. Some of the activities at the school are; Learn It (which is an extended care and educational program that provides homework assistance, science, and much more), 50 hours of committed volunteerism (They truly believe that not just the students and staff, but parents and community as a whole has the responsibility to develop and insure success for our students.), parents seminars and workshops (helps parents to learn and develop skills that are needed to assist our children in becoming great students). All of the staff are wonderful. They are patient and kind, and are well equipped to give our students what they need academically to insure success. The only thing that needs improvement is air conditioning for the building but I believe with a lot of fund raising that will be accomplished. I'm so proud to be a grandparent of an Empowerment Academy student.

Posted October 07, 2013
This is an excellent school. From the Principal to teachers to students. I did all of my research and due diligence to find a great school for my 1st grader and we are blessed that he got into this school. There are several charter schools in Baltimore City but this one is by far the best. Everyone is very kind and respectable and I like that the Prinicipal and Teachers are all very approachable It makes me feel good that I can drop my child off there for school and know that he is in a safe learning environment. They have a really good curriculum and lots of activities to keep the students and parents busy which inturns helps with the family unit. Would highly recommend.

Posted September 22, 2011
My daughter has attended this school from k-8th grade and it is a great school. One of the things that other schools lack is parent envolvement & this school requires that all parents volunteer a certain amount of hours each year in order for your child to attend. They also offer a literacy for the arts program that is great! And the kids are known for there high test scores. This is a Great school & I recommend.

Posted April 29, 2010
I gave this school 5 stars because my daughter has learned a lot more in The Empowerment Academy since being enrolled. Her grades and teachers are exceptional. My daughter stays on task and has been above task a whole lot lately, which makes us very proud of her. Thank you to all the teachers that she has/had; you are phenomenal.

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted October 18, 2008
The Empowerment Academy is one of the best schools in Baltimore City. I am a very proud parent. My child is always eager to attend school. The staff here is excellent they do their jobs and more. Thw Principals are the best they are funding finders, which means great opportunities for each child that attends the school. I love this school!!!

Empowerment Academy 0

Posted July 18, 2008
The Empowerment Academy is the absolute best Charter School in Baltimore City. The staff are all Certified Teachers and Certified Caregivers. They set the standard on how it takes a Whole Village to raise our children. I am grateful that the staff comes prepared to teach and collect results, instead of coming prepared to collect a paycheck. The excellence leads from the top and filters through the entire staff. Education is key in this edifice. I am privileged to have my son take part of something great. I know that he will always take what he learned at TEA and use it throughout the rest of his life.

Empowerment Academy
851 Braddish Ave, Baltimore, MD  21216
Last modified Empowerment Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Empowerment Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top