Leith Walk Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2011
I must say I was nervous when my son 1st attended Leith Walk. We moved from PG county and I didn't think I would be as happy or pleased as I am. His teacher Miss Wagoner s an excellent teacher. Her teaching methods, class room skills and communication with parents has helped both my son and I transitioned beautifully into the Baltimore City Schools. C.Jackson

Posted October 23, 2011
My son was a student at Leith Walk from Pre-K to Fifth grade and I currently have my other son in 2nd grade. I am very impressed by the leadership of the Principal Mrs. Greer, the great staff and excellent teachers at Leith Walk, AND QUALITY of education received at the school. Mrs. Greer is always pushing the children to work very hard, and this shows on the school test scores. Hats off to all Leith Walk Staff.

Posted September 01, 2011
I am pleased with the way the school is operated. I am a former Leith Walk student and even when i was a student there, the school was in tip top shape! Mrs.Greer has been an amazing principal, she makes sure she invests in the BEST for the students, staff and even the parents. I am extremely happy that i will be sending my son there next school year.

Posted August 01, 2011
My son has just completed the 5th grade and these last few years have been very good. I posted a post a while back because I was very unsatisfied with that school year. Since then my son have received a better education. The 5th grade year was hard but I appreciated it. The principal makes sure she is on top of everything. If you have a problem dont hesitate to talk to the assisant principals. They definitely follow the chain of command.

Posted July 10, 2011
I feel that Leith Walk has been excellent since I attended with Ms. Greer as my principal, my sister's principal, and now my daughter's principal. My daughter has been at Leith Walk since Kindergarten and I can not say enough nice things about this school. Mrs. Greer has given her all & all to every last student, activity, and parent. She has excellent teachers who care, Mrs. Pertee has been a GREAT teacher who pushes all children to master any skill. Ms. Flynn has done wonders of performances and allowing children to embrace and ambark upon new areas of tap & art. This school serves its community, families, and students 200% every day and the test scoress show it!! As a teacher, its sad to the fact that every school cannot have a Mrs. Greer but I feel so blessed that my child is under her that she may experience great education!! Keep up the great work

Posted March 31, 2011
To Ms. Wagoner She is my son's second grade teacher at Leith Walk. I must say she has given one hundred and ten percent to my child and to the other student's in her class. She is present daily, daily homework given(reading and math), classroom management is on point, and challenge herself to creative/develop extra assignment to improve academic skills for my hearing impair son, who is in her class. With sincere thanks, Mom K. James

Leith Walk Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter is a student @ Leithwalk and I must say I love the school and their focus on curriculum. Ms. Greer is a no nonsense principal and @ times can be chastising however it maybe needed in order for her to get the job done. Of course as with any school they have downsides such as the morning and afternoon traffic which is A TOTAL MESS!!!!! As well as some teachers who are rude.

Leith Walk Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2011
This is my child s first year at Leith Walk and I must say I am not IMPRESSED! I ve heard so many reviews about how good Leith Walk is and how Mrs. Greer is managing the school. I honestly feel like after 30years which Mrs. Greer constantly reminds the parents of---she needs to retire. I am very active in my child s education and I m proud to say she is reading and doing math above grade level mainly due to the private school she attended before and my work at home. However, I notice that a few of the teachers seem unmotivated and more focused on getting a pay check---no passion. This was not the case when she was in private school. I feel sorry for the kids who don t have parents at home who can build and hone their skills because they will fall behind at Leith Walk---my daughter s homework is often unchallenging and as one parent mentioned there are NUMEROUS typos in both homework and newsletters to parents. So for me I m not believing the HYPE about Leith Walk I m looking into getting my child into a Charter school or back in private which is more conducive to her learning.

Posted August 24, 2010
I absolutely love Leithwalk Elementary School!!! All 4 of my children attend. Leithwalk embodies everything I want in a perfect school. The school provides a safe learning environment, excellent cirriculum, and a host of extra cirricular activities for the children. I especially love that parents and teachers are very much involved in keeping our children on track academically, socially and emotionally. Kudos to the Principal, Staff, Administrators, and Parents. Keep up the good work :0)

Posted August 19, 2010
I am a graduate from Leith Walk Elementary and,i am now on my way to college. My experience at Leith Walk was the best. The teachers were awesome and the support and love they gave to us was even better. Being at Leith Walk was wonderful and there was never a day i didnt feel like going. I had so much to look forward to. I enjoyed being active in the school as well. While i was there, i participated in band, tap, and kid-cast. The school is under a great leadership of Ms. Greer. She is a wonderful person in and outside of school. Her spirit is the best and she cares so much for her kids. She made it a comfortable environment to be in and, a place where kids are destined for greatness. I loved every bit of Leith Walk and all that the school had to offer.

Leith Walk Elementary School
1235 Sherwood Ave, Baltimore, MD  21239
Last modified Leith Walk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leith Walk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews.