Baltimore, MD

Posted February 26, 2015
Mount Washington is the best school in the city. I like the fact that the staff are doing there best to help each child succed in life. My daughter will staying there for middle school as well.

Posted January 07, 2015
My daughter started school this year. Despite the large class size, I feel that her teacher knows my daughter well and has made very helpful suggestions during our parent teacher conferences. She has art class, Spanish class and PE weekly as well as library. There are many fun afterschool activities, including more Spanish with a native speaker (for a small extra fee), as well as intramural sports (my daughter played basketball). The only reason I'm not rating this 5 stars is because of the class size. I think 20-22 kids per class would be better for all involved, but this class size (of 29 kids) is common here in the city. The vice principal has been very good about answering any specific concerns. I am pleased with this school so far. I am unfamiliar with the middle school so this commentary reflects on my daughters grade school experience. Oh, one more thing, I wish they had a nicer playground for the small kids!! They play outside in the parking lot, no playground equipment aside from large foam blue blocks which get pushed across the blacktop. Not sure if the older kids use the playground which is a little bit of a walk from the lower campus.

Posted April 17, 2014
My Washington is the best school ever I'm proud to be a my Washington parent

Posted April 15, 2014
I can proudly say all 5 of my children have gone to Mt. Washington, and share great memories. I am always referring the school. I like that they keep you involved in what is going on in classroom and the school overall. We all work together to make it a happy learning environment for the children.

Posted August 12, 2012
I am quite proud to say that i have had a total of 3 kids attend Mt. Washington, and have another two still attending. In terms of what most might see the public education system as being, I can say that the faculty and staff is top notch, and strives to maintain the highest standards socially and academically. this is supplemented by an outstanding PTO and an overall atmosphere of family that makes my kids love attending. Outstanding school!

Posted July 23, 2012
Great school. The CTY (Hopkin's Center for Talented Youth) Math program is great for kids who like extra challeges. Great new art and music teachers! Really nice, caring teachers and the kids are well behaved. Very active PTO. Definitely one of the best city schools

Posted April 17, 2011
Excellent school with diversity, tremendous parental and alumni involvement and staff that has both the experience and sincere caring attitude towards the kids we had hoped for. My kindergarten child loves this school and we are excited that she has the opportunity to stay here through the eighth grade. Blue Ribbon school for a reason!

Posted March 08, 2011
Mount Washington Elementary clearly lives up to its well-deserved reputation as one of the best public schools in the City and the State - as exemplified most recently by its award of a coveted Blue Ribbon for academic excellence and improvement. Sue Torr is an experienced administrator who has begun to instill a culture of academic rigor and strong student values. The expansion to include the middle grades, and the introduction of the renowned International Baccalaureate program should extend the school's success into grades 6-8. Parental involvement is key, and has been outstanding, especially during this expansion project.

Posted February 20, 2011
This is a standout elementary school (and soon to be K-8) in Baltimore City. Our kids love going here, and my husband and I value the education, community, and leadership at the school. The addition of an IB Middle Years program is the icing on the cake!

The Mount Washington School

Posted September 17, 2009
Diversification and education go hand-in-hand to create well-balanced children.

The Mount Washington School
1801 Sulgrave Ave, Baltimore, MD  21209
Last modified The Mount Washington School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Mount Washington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top