Posted April 17, 2014
My Washington is the best school ever I'm proud to be a my Washington parent

The Mount Washington School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
I am quite proud to say that i have had a total of 3 kids attend Mt. Washington, and have another two still attending. In terms of what most might see the public education system as being, I can say that the faculty and staff is top notch, and strives to maintain the highest standards socially and academically. this is supplemented by an outstanding PTO and an overall atmosphere of family that makes my kids love attending. Outstanding school!

Posted July 23, 2012
Great school. The CTY (Hopkin's Center for Talented Youth) Math program is great for kids who like extra challeges. Great new art and music teachers! Really nice, caring teachers and the kids are well behaved. Very active PTO. Definitely one of the best city schools

The Mount Washington School 4

Posted April 17, 2011
Excellent school with diversity, tremendous parental and alumni involvement and staff that has both the experience and sincere caring attitude towards the kids we had hoped for. My kindergarten child loves this school and we are excited that she has the opportunity to stay here through the eighth grade. Blue Ribbon school for a reason!

Posted March 08, 2011
Mount Washington Elementary clearly lives up to its well-deserved reputation as one of the best public schools in the City and the State - as exemplified most recently by its award of a coveted Blue Ribbon for academic excellence and improvement. Sue Torr is an experienced administrator who has begun to instill a culture of academic rigor and strong student values. The expansion to include the middle grades, and the introduction of the renowned International Baccalaureate program should extend the school's success into grades 6-8. Parental involvement is key, and has been outstanding, especially during this expansion project.

Posted February 20, 2011
This is a standout elementary school (and soon to be K-8) in Baltimore City. Our kids love going here, and my husband and I value the education, community, and leadership at the school. The addition of an IB Middle Years program is the icing on the cake!

The Mount Washington School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Diversification and education go hand-in-hand to create well-balanced children.

Posted August 07, 2009
We have loved MWES. The parental involvement is incredible, as is the sense of community. Last year our kindergartener w/ Mrs. Zimmerman and 2nd grader w/ Ms. Lough both had excellent experiences. Their teachers were caring and skilled and their peers were supportive. The new principal Ms. Torr welcomes feedback and has handled budget issues and more-than-expected students very well. My sons also both loved the Advanced Academics program--a rare opportunity for all K-5 grades. We highly recommend this school.

Posted December 19, 2008

Posted December 18, 2008
My son is enjoying a great year in kindergarten. Fantastic staff, committed parents, and support from the entire Mt. Washington neighborhood community! There are a full range of special subjects: Music, Art, Spanish, Strings Orchestra, P.E. Library, as well as Advanced Academics programs for every grade from K through 5th - with two dedicated teachers. We couldn't be happier! My older son went to a highly rated private school in Baltimore, which we felt was a good choice at the time, but I don't think the quality of instruction he received was any better than the experience that my younger son is getting at MWES.

The Mount Washington School
1801 Sulgrave Ave, Baltimore, MD  21209
Last modified The Mount Washington School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Mount Washington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top