Bad
Good

The Mt. Washington is an advanced academics elementary and middle school and an accredited International Baccalaureate school. The faculty is amazing; their social science teacher was just named 2015 Maryland Teacher of the Year. The principal is an open, honest, and readily available to all parents. The assessment scores for the students in this school regularly rank as no. 1 or in the top three in Baltimore.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Two Baltimore Teachers of the Year, one that is the current Maryland State Teacher of the Year. Amazing faculty. The school listens to how parents feel about their teachers and is continually evaluating their effectiveness.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some projects that involve a lot of homework but on the whole a moderate amount of homework is given the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a student focused school. No child drops through the cracks. Each child is given the individual attention they deserve. The school's approach to discipline is even-handed and fair.

Mount Washington is the best school in the city. I like the fact that the staff are doing there best to help each child succed in life. My daughter will staying there for middle school as well.

My daughter started school this year. Despite the large class size, I feel that her teacher knows my daughter well and has made very helpful suggestions during our parent teacher conferences. She has art class, Spanish class and PE weekly as well as library. There are many fun afterschool activities, including more Spanish with a native speaker (for a small extra fee), as well as intramural sports (my daughter played basketball). The only reason I'm not rating this 5 stars is because of the class size. I think 20-22 kids per class would be better for all involved, but this class size (of 29 kids) is common here in the city. The vice principal has been very good about answering any specific concerns. I am pleased with this school so far. I am unfamiliar with the middle school so this commentary reflects on my daughters grade school experience. Oh, one more thing, I wish they had a nicer playground for the small kids!! They play outside in the parking lot, no playground equipment aside from large foam blue blocks which get pushed across the blacktop. Not sure if the older kids use the playground which is a little bit of a walk from the lower campus.

My Washington is the best school ever I'm proud to be a my Washington parent

I can proudly say all 5 of my children have gone to Mt. Washington, and share great memories. I am always referring the school. I like that they keep you involved in what is going on in classroom and the school overall. We all work together to make it a happy learning environment for the children.

I am quite proud to say that i have had a total of 3 kids attend Mt. Washington, and have another two still attending. In terms of what most might see the public education system as being, I can say that the faculty and staff is top notch, and strives to maintain the highest standards socially and academically. this is supplemented by an outstanding PTO and an overall atmosphere of family that makes my kids love attending. Outstanding school!

Great school. The CTY (Hopkin's Center for Talented Youth) Math program is great for kids who like extra challeges. Great new art and music teachers! Really nice, caring teachers and the kids are well behaved. Very active PTO. Definitely one of the best city schools

Last modified The Mount Washington School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.