Posted November 24, 2014
Great school. I have never seen a principal that involved in the students, teacher and the parents. If I have any concerns I pick up the phone and call her and don't have to wait days or weeks for a call back. So many after school activities for working parents. Love this school.

Posted October 29, 2013
There are hardworking teachers at this school. A few who have been at this school for years. They've taught myself, my siblings, and myself. I believe this school is an asset to the community. Wish there were more programs, such as after school programs, community empowerment, and just ways to show the children we do care. Maybe with the money it would ease some of the financial stress on the school.

Sarah M. Roach Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2012
I think this school is great. The progress they have made with students from grades Pre-K-3 is amazing. The school needs more funding, but the principal, administrative staff and MOST of the teachers are dedicated and concerned about the children's well being. Parents need to take a more proactive role in their child's growth as well. The principal does a great job at keeping parents informed, involved and interested in the school's activities. They have many events for the children and parents to participate in. You can tell that the new principal who came in a few years back really cares for the kids and wants them to excel. MOST Baltimore City public schools need additional assistance including better support for the administrators, appropriate actions to remove teachers who don't care about the kids and so on. Even given that this school is not in the best neighborhood, my child has received quite a bit more than when we were living in one of the surrounding counties. Also, many of the children are the kids of younger or troubled parents, so that may have an affect on some of the kids with poor behavior and are distracting in class.

Sarah M. Roach Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2011
My son has been in this school since he was in Kindergarten-he'll be graduating this year 2012. I would rate this school 4 out of 5 stars. Not the greatess staff from 3rd grade and beyond, but I highly recommend that you stay involved w/ the school, going to all parent conferences, calling to check in weekly on new and upcoming events to get the best experience possible. I would recommend this school:)

Sarah M. Roach Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2010
I am not happy with the school ever since the schools budget cut it has been doing poorly.Also i dont like the way the school handle things.It is real bad when ur child get hurts or hit by another child they do not inform u this school really needs to make some changed in fast

Posted November 24, 2009
I like this school because all the staff have exeptional manners. I feel real important when I come to my son's school to visit. I'd like to give a shout out to Ms. Brown who deals with the food pantry. She's a very nice person and really make you want to think of her and smile!

Posted August 25, 2009
I do not like this school... Although if every one tried as a team and really try to do better for this school..I think they could make it better for the school;... I do think the teachers are amazing...

Posted February 24, 2009
This school needs to work on communication and dealing with out of control kids better. My son once attended a school were the misbehaved kids were not allowed to stay and distract the other kids

Posted May 15, 2008
My son attends this school and so did i.They have there problems they need to work on but overall the teachers are wonderful. Some of them where teaching when i was attending lol.

Posted November 06, 2007

Sarah M. Roach Elementary School
3434 Old Frederick Rd, Baltimore, MD  21229
Last modified Sarah M. Roach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sarah M. Roach Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top