Baltimore, MD

Steuart Hill Academic Academy 3

Posted April 22, 2014
My son currently attend this school. The staff are polite and always willing to assist you any way they can. My son kindergarten teacher is excellent.

Posted November 19, 2013
This school is a disaster. The teachers are, overall, actually pretty excellent (especially from pre-K to second grade), but the administration is amazingly incompetent and lazy. They have no control over the students. The principal can't even control the students in the morning in the cafeteria, so how can she run a school? My daughter's second grade teacher is awesome and I wish that was enough to keep me happy, but the school offers NO programs, no after school, no art, and no sports. This school needs to be closed down. There are students cursing the principal out and 7 year olds carrying shivs in the hallway. This is an elementary school! I don't care how many new administrators they get in or how many "grants" the school earns--the admin clearly does not care about kids. Only the teachers care (some of them) and they clearly hate the school too. I will be transferring my child to a school that will support her. PLEASE run from Steuart Hill. I suspect it will be shut down in the next 1-3 years. There are plenty of better schools in the community. Don't support an administration that ignores its students and hates its staff. Also the AP needs a serious attitude adjustment.

Posted June 07, 2012
This school just needs to be closed down. I don't care how many new prinicpals they get this school is disorderly. I have seen some great teachers leave this school over the years. The office staff could careles. Everyone seems to walk around with an attitude. When the school makes an error, instead of acknowledging that it was their fault, they put you through a whole bunch of mess to get things cleared. The teachers can't control the kids, they have school police and they can't control the kids. They finally got walls in their class rooms, but it still doesn't help. The school lost my kids records and made me go through changes when they were at fault. They need to fire everyone at the school.

Posted December 20, 2011
I have a good experience with the teacher at this school, have nothing to say against the program, however, the office staff is rude, and lazy, records have been lost. Further the principal is also rude and to say he isnt people oriented or motivated to work with parents is an understatement (arrogant and condescending is more like it.) and he also has little knowledge regarding education law and rights of parents.

Posted December 20, 2011
My grandson's kindergarten teacher is the best. She took her time to explain to me what was going on with my grandson in class and her concerns. On the other hand, when I called the next day to speak to someone about is attendance and lateness I was pass around and no one could give me a straight answer to my questions. I called again today, to speak with the VP and Attendance Monitor; fast taking reception who answer the phone was not C2X - Commitment to Excellence. The first part to communication is listening to what is being asked. Now, the question I still need to be answer; how many tardy slips (over one to two hours late) is required before the parent is call in for a confernce or given a citation. I was shown over 30 late passes from his teacher. My grandson lives arcoss the street from his school. Parents needs to held accountable for their actions when it comes to childrens education. Please reply back to my email with a answer to my question. Thanks. Rose Chapple, Grandmother.

Posted September 07, 2011
my daughter attends this school and Iam in the process of getting a transfer now. this school is not only disorderly , it has little to no academic values ! their is little supervision, classes are too crowded , teachers and principal are careless, their are no special programs in place, no electives , no field trips, no stucture, this school needs alot of work! the elementary/middle combination is a minus . the blend decreases the value of each school ,the elementary suffer because they are having to deal with these bigger children , and the middle school suffers because they are still in the same routine as the elementary . their is almost no change from the two . the middle school students are not getting the full experience , its just like elementary school with more classes!

Posted October 15, 2008

Steuart Hill Academic Academy 3

Posted April 18, 2008

Steuart Hill Academic Academy 0

Posted September 06, 2007
I am the proud parent of three children in which one has gone on to college and the other two little ones are coming from the county into the city school system. I have encountered the most unpleasant principle in my years as a parent. The principle at Steuart Hill is not people oriented, She is rude, disrespectful, and she should not be a principle at any school with the attitude she presents to parents. The principle is supposed to be a leader and example for our children in our absents.

Posted May 13, 2005
this school has fallen way beyond my wildish imagination,the few great teachers have left and there are a few remaining teachers who actually care about the quality education of children who go there,the cleanliness of the school is awful, there is spit on the rails that lead to the classrooms awful smell of fecies throughout the school, spills that just remain unwiped,i have found through personel experience that the principal does not wish to deal or help with the inner city children and there learning disabilities. they are considered problem children that need to be weeded out of her school. this school is in need of some super renovations in all aspects.

Steuart Hill Academic Academy
30 South Gilmor St, Baltimore, MD  21223
Last modified Steuart Hill Academic Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steuart Hill Academic Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top