Baltimore, MD

Posted August 17, 2014
We've been very happy at TJEMS. Oldest now in second grade and youngest starting pre-k this year. Great city school in South Baltimore.

Posted April 29, 2014
School is run well. Children are happy here. Teachers are good role models and good teachers. The Spring Festival was really great. Thanks to Mrs. Raina Somogyi for all of her hard work in organizing it. The children had a lot of fun....We can't wait for this years Spring Festival!!

Posted April 28, 2014
The staff and teachers keep Parents informed of projects, events and the academic achievements of the students.

Posted January 31, 2014
I love this school and whoever that parent was that said advoid at all cost was not right. What was said was very wrong.

Posted November 23, 2013
Great Grandparents' Day. Teachers were lively and engaging. Three year old class had an awesome Mayflower re-enactment. Their word of the day was nocturnal. You should have seen all the little hands waving to define the word, wow. Pre-k were into math working on patterns. You should see the lovely new library. Just goes to show that the key to good public education is strong leadership, the principal, and caring teachers. With all the talk of under performing schools in Baltimore this school should be touted. The principal is still relatively new but the changes he has made are dramatic.

Thomas Johnson Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2013
Terrible school, terrible kids, avoid at all cost. Curriculum is 2 years behind what it should be. Absolute trash.

Posted October 02, 2013
TJEMS has been by far the best move I have made for my son as a parent. My son was in the title I program 2 yrs ago to which I was given an option of schools for him to transfer to. Even though Thomas Johnson was not my first choice the school picked him up and I am truly grateful that they did. Since he has been at TJ he has been on the honor roll since he started in the 2nd grade and still is continuing into the 4th grade. The teachers are caring and loving to every student. My son love the ground Ms. Grinath walks on and he is not even in her class anymore. I dont care where I live in baltimore I will travel to make sure my son is in school everyday. Thank you Thomas Johnson Principle Dendinger, teachers, and staff for all you have done doing and continue to do to make sure each student get the proper education they need.

Posted August 13, 2013
Great little school in the neighborhood, teachers are friendly, enthusiastic, and intelligent. The principal and vice principal are spectacular. Love that my kids are able to attend here.

Thomas Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
This is an amazing public school in the city! The principal & staff are enthusiastic about the the education of our children and the parent involvement/PTO is huge support to the school.

Posted August 07, 2013
Both the administrative and teaching staff are fantastic here at TJEMS. I was a student myself and am so happy the school has maintained the high standard of excellence. The office staff is always helpful and friendly, and I have never had a negative experience.

Thomas Johnson Elementary School
100 East Heath St, Baltimore, MD  21230
Last modified Thomas Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Johnson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top