Baltimore, MD

Posted April 01, 2015
The Principal doesn't care what happens at the School. Fighting, students disrespecting teachers. The first 4 months of the year 4 teachers walked out.

Posted January 14, 2015
WORST SCHOOL IVE EVER SEEN, MOVING MY KID OUT THIS MONTH! My first grader has had to fight off older kids telling him they were going to stab him in the throat! Nothing at all was done about it, the administration does nothing about the behavior problems of the same students fighting and stealing daily! Teachers are just as frustrated with no support from administration, no parental involvement, no recess, no playground, bad test scores! Dont do it-I warn you, BCPS are the worst in Maryland! Especially this one! They hide it well with the nice new building, but its all screwed up once you get to see it for yourself!

Posted December 16, 2014
Sitting here reading some of these comments about Violetville school. The sad thing is that the concerns that parents had in 2007 are still a problem today in 2014. The school itself is beautiful and well maintained. There is a small amount of good staff members. But the laziness and lack of willingness to help solve bullying problems from the upper staff is really what brings the school down. My kid has been at this school for years and has been tormented by bullies and teachers alike. Plus the children just run wild and I feel they are lacking in education. They only teach up to the state test then they don't care about the students after that. The older children are NOT ready for High school. So, if you can PLEASE do not send your child here. My family and I have no choice but are looking to move very soon.

Posted December 18, 2013
Violetville is a horrible school my child has been at this school since she was 4 years old. In the beginning it was wonderful but the moment they got a rebuild of the school it has went down hill. My daughter has been being bullied by the same student for the past two years they are doing nothing and I mean nothing about it. I have filed complaint after complaint my next step is to go to the central office and file complaints then to the police they are doing nothing to solve this problem. Some of the teachers are beautiful understanding and are wonderful teachers. While others can't even seem to control a classroom. These children are acting like animals yelling screaming throwing things in the teacher just sit in the front of the room and does nothing. I truly cannot wait until my family and I can move out of this school district and I can get my child out of here.

Posted October 24, 2013
violetteville elemenery school. both of my grandchildren go there and the teachers are so good to them

Posted August 22, 2013
Violetville Elementary is a great school. My granddaughter attends and can hardly wait for the first day. The teachers are caring, patient and understanding. The school can improve with more help from parents.

Posted May 25, 2011
Violetville has a large number of teachers that go the extra distance for their students, whether challenging them in extra curricular activities and projects or taking special interest in students that need help in the classroom. The new building is just a bonus!

Posted April 24, 2011
My child has attend Violetville Elementry/Middle since kg through 8 th grade. I have had no major problems with the the school or its staff. My daughter is a good student. She has good grades. I think students who have had problems at school stem from some parents not teaching their children to have respect for adults or fellow school mates. Parents these days a quick to blame everyone else for their child's behavior. Teachers do the best they can to teach our children. If we don't assist them when our childr are having problems it is our failure as parents.

Posted April 20, 2011
I am a student at Violetville , i have been there since 1st grade and i have saw and had nothing but excellent teachers.

Posted April 12, 2011
What prompted my decision to enroll my son in Violetville was Initially, my son hated school and appeared to be very stressed when he came home in the afternoons from his former private school. My son began at Violetville this school year in grade K. I had heard so much about this school that It sadened me that I did not enroll him prior to him starting second quarter. The Principal is very friendly and was able to answer alof of my questions being a concerned parent transitioning my child during the middle of the school year. I felt comfortable and safe within the school enviornment. Teachers were involved and connected to the students, and students were engaged in the lessions that were being taught. The behavior guidlines are strick, yet fair. Especially, for the younger kids. My son now has a clear understadning of what it means for the teacher to rate his behavior for the day. Both the teachers and classroom aids I have found to communicate well in this area. I really enjoy the Communication and Attention that my son recieves, but most of all he is having fun Learning. He loves his new school and so do I. Mrs. Mislak and Ms. Dorsey you ROCK!!! ~Proud Mom

Violetville Elementary/Middle School
1207 Pine Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD  21229
Last modified Violetville Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Violetville Elementary/Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top