Baltimore, MD

Waverly Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
Things are looking up at Waverly with the new principal Ms. Amanda Rice. We finally have a principal that is about the kids and making sure everyone is working for the kids. She has many new programs in store for the kids and the plans include the middle school kids also for the first time in a long time.At the back to school rally she mentioned new programs like Robotics, Chess, John Hopkins tutoring the kids, Loyola sponsoring Waverly Scholars for the kids who want to know what college is like, mentoring groups, and other activities with a STEM focus. She's also bringing the kids cheerleading, golf, basketball, wrestling, boxing, volleyball. We are excited and looking forward to a good year.

Posted September 25, 2011
This school have the ablility to move higher than any other school in the city. But because the parents dont step up, and the teachers are scared of the principal and of losing there jobs if they stand up for what they believe in, its HARD. But I pray that everyone get it together for the good of the children because thats what they are here for. GOOD LUCK WAVERLY.....

Waverly Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
This is my grandson's first year at Waverly. His 1st grade teacher was a gem! The administrators walk around with coffee (?) cups in their hands in the morning (hope no child bumps into them) and the classrooms scream "clean me, clean me." Desks look like they never get wiped down.

Posted December 30, 2010
This is currently my sons last year at waverly middle school his progress is satisfactory. I'm not happy with that at all classes have a large number of stundents and not enough teachers. So my rating of waverly is not the best.

Waverly Elementary School 5

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted January 13, 2010
This is my daughters first and last year at Waverly. Some of the teachers are ok. The quality of education seems to be null. When a parent is told that it does not matter how a child spells a word as long as she knows the meaning. WOW..

Waverly Elementary School 0

Posted October 29, 2009
This will also be my sons final year attending not happy at all with te school

Waverly Elementary School 4

Posted March 04, 2009

Waverly Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2008
I have two children that attend Waverly but this will definitely be there last year, both my girls have great teachers but I will not say the same for the principal or other adminastrators. We as parents really need to spend more time in the schools supporting our childrens education. This school has alot of problem areas with the main one being that the parents opinion, and voices are not heard.

Waverly Elementary School 0

Posted January 03, 2008
I love Waverly I can go in at anytime and check on my daughter progress with her work and talk with her teacher but I do think there should be move parent involvement with there kids!

Waverly Elementary School
3400 Ellerslie Ave, Baltimore, MD  21218
Last modified Waverly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waverly Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top