Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great school! My children have moved into their gifted program and participate in many activities and sports offered at the school. I am very impressed with the teachers and administrators at the school they openly demonstrate their love for the children and Waverly.

I transferred my son here last summer because I heard of the great changes the principal has been doing at Waverly Elementary Middle School. She brought a lot of after school academic and sports activities to keep kids busy and off the streets. I work long hours so it's important for me to know that my child is safe and engaged in activities till evenings. The YMCA program they partner with even offers support with homework. His grades went up and he is now scoring above average. I believe it is a reflection of the hard work of his teachers and academic supports offered in the school. Waverly offers honors programs and elective classes for students to choose from. My son joined school's Robotics club in the fall and last month participated in his first competition! His team got the 1st place! I am very greatful for all his teachers and administrators that create such a strong learning environment. What an outstanding example you are to your students!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Waverly's administrators are the most caring and loving staff that never stop to bring excellence to their students. They have PBIS for positive behaviors and often hold morning meetings with their students to promote unity. The school also provides advanced academics and a free after school program thru the YMCA. The YMCA program keeps my kids busy with dance, art, and basketball. We LOVE Waverly !

As a parent of a student at this school, I can say that this school is in serious trouble!!! The students run the school and teachers are not allowed to discipline students effectively while the principal encourages bad behavior. Kids often tell me that they hear her talking behind teachers' backs with other students. She refuses to correct them and this sends a mixed signal to young minds. Based on what my daughter and her teachers have said some students believe that they have a special relationship with her that overrides the teachers' authority. They do as they please in the classroom, hallways and cafeteria and have no respect for the other (i guess lesser) adults. She has often stated that it's her school but she is soft on kids and does not help teachers. My child needs strong teachers who can do their work effectively but the kids clearly run the school, thanks to the principal's babying of them. I plan to remove my daughter next year because I can't see her learning in a respectful, structured environment where respect for adults is CLEARLY NOT modeled. I think my daughter's favorite teachers could be leaving because they think the place is a joke but teachers are always leaving. Oh, there are so many cell phones at the middle school...it's like a Verizon store. But that's ok...the principal is always texting and often unavailable when middle schoolers or elementary kids run crazy. I've heard students say that they text her back and forth during class time so....what the heck! It's OPEN SEASON there. Forget the new building. They're tearing it up. Kids will tell you they run the school, then cuss you out.

This school has a great administrative team, wonderful staff, and inquisitive scholars. There are numerous extracurricular opportunities, including basketball, wresting, National Academic League, Baltimore Urban Debate, and more. Students participate in a National History Day fair, the Morgan State Science Fair, Science Olympiad, and many other great academic endeavors. Go Tigers!

Things are looking up at Waverly with the new principal Ms. Amanda Rice. We finally have a principal that is about the kids and making sure everyone is working for the kids. She has many new programs in store for the kids and the plans include the middle school kids also for the first time in a long time.At the back to school rally she mentioned new programs like Robotics, Chess, John Hopkins tutoring the kids, Loyola sponsoring Waverly Scholars for the kids who want to know what college is like, mentoring groups, and other activities with a STEM focus. She's also bringing the kids cheerleading, golf, basketball, wrestling, boxing, volleyball. We are excited and looking forward to a good year.

This school have the ablility to move higher than any other school in the city. But because the parents dont step up, and the teachers are scared of the principal and of losing there jobs if they stand up for what they believe in, its HARD. But I pray that everyone get it together for the good of the children because thats what they are here for. GOOD LUCK WAVERLY.....

This is my grandson's first year at Waverly. His 1st grade teacher was a gem! The administrators walk around with coffee (?) cups in their hands in the morning (hope no child bumps into them) and the classrooms scream "clean me, clean me." Desks look like they never get wiped down.

This is currently my sons last year at waverly middle school his progress is satisfactory. I'm not happy with that at all classes have a large number of stundents and not enough teachers. So my rating of waverly is not the best.

This is my daughters first and last year at Waverly. Some of the teachers are ok. The quality of education seems to be null. When a parent is told that it does not matter how a child spells a word as long as she knows the meaning. WOW..

Last modified Waverly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.