Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Windsor Hills Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 14, 2015
They use restorative practice/justice rather instead of the traditional punitive model. Children take a active role and identifying and addressing issues and the aforementioned skills develop organically from this process

Windsor Hills Elementary School 5

Posted October 14, 2015
I think a lot of the problems people listed below have been address by the changes in the last few years. This school has a new phenomenal principal who has weeded put the staff that he quoted "should not be teaching our children". Those teachers mentioned in the previous posts are gone. My son and nephew attend. They both began at prek. The teaching and support staff demonstrate that our children's experience is important. You wouldn't believe the programming they have here. This is a hidden jewel. The staff is committed to the schools mission and philosophy. The school instituted restorative practices and the school culture has changed. I am excited for my son to continue h here for the next 8 years.

Posted February 23, 2012
I am a former student and now a resident of the community. I find that the school is achieving it's goals and is open to community involvement. Vincent Greene

Windsor Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
I am not crazy about this school at all. My daughter started in pre-K and I should have known then to take her out of there. Ms. Alexander is the nastiest teacher I've ever encountered. My daughter is now in second grade and I will not be sending her back there next year.

Windsor Hills Elementary School 1

Posted July 04, 2010
Both my children attended this school Fall 09-Summer 10. I was not happy with the school at all. The children are out of control and unruly. My son was shoved into a book case by another student and had to get 9 stitches in his head. Both my children were coming home and telling me about foul language they heard in the school, and even joked about "smoking weed". Huh? Mind you, they were both in pre k and 1st grade. I did not care for my daughter's pre-k teacher at all. She had a nasty attitude. Needless to say, my children will not be attending that school again in the Fall.

Posted January 19, 2009
I used to attend this school as a child and the curriculum ( to me) was better then. My son currently attends Windsor hills and I think overall compared to some public schools it is still a good school. I do think it's time for a new principal.

Windsor Hills Elementary School 2

Posted March 16, 2008
My daughter attends this school and I will not allow my son to attend the school. They do not differentiate and they run the school like a special education center. There's no support for children who function above grade level and the principle alienates the parents. They are disorganized with poor follow-up. I have heard of worse situations, but this was very disappointing.

Windsor Hills Elementary School 5

Posted February 15, 2005
I agree with Chris This is the best elementary school in Maryland. Andrew Page Former student Go Shining Stars

Posted February 01, 2005
This school rules. It is the best school in Maryland.

Windsor Hills Elementary School
4001 Alto Rd, Baltimore, MD  21216
Last modified Windsor Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.