Baltimore, MD

North Bend Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted November 28, 2014
North Bend is a good school trying to become a great school. The school is composed of 99% of African American children who are truly loving and caring. We have one of the best principals in State of Maryland. She believes that every student comes to school to get smarter and as an educator I also believe this too and each everyday give my all. Giving my all doesn't just means teaching to the test or incorporating the new Common Core standards but giving of oneself, motivating, inspiring and encouraging children to do their very best in school as well as in life. Children now days are faced with so many issues, but teachers are constantly reminding students of all the opportunities they have to become great. So in saying all of this, I believe we have to ask the hard questions and the questions are now why, why is the answer right. Students have to dig deeper, research more, show us the evidence and then they will gain a better understanding, not just know the answer.

Posted December 22, 2013
My kids and I love this school. The principal and staff are great leaders and the kids are very respectful.I like the different activities that north bend have to offer like basketball, dance,and chior.

Posted October 08, 2010
I love the extra activities that are done after school such as family math night, technology night etc. Most parents are involved like myself. I think this school is really helping my daughter learn. The bear bucks system is great because it makes the kids try harder and do better.

Posted August 28, 2010
great school, great teachers, great leadership. Children are being taught and expectation is high. Great learning going on at North Bend.

North Bend Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted February 04, 2010
I am a parent who has a 7th grader and i very proud of her school. i reall would like to thank Miss Barreal the principal for givinng my child a chance. Northbend Elem/Middle School is wonderful and i am very happy.

North Bend Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted June 02, 2009

North Bend Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted July 12, 2007

North Bend Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted February 15, 2006
- a staff
The first reviewer must have been in a euphoric state when he/she visited the school as well as when he/she wrote their comment. Actively participating parents? Where? Parents are absolutely not involved! At any given PTA meeting you may have 5 parents to show up. Like any school, this one has the potential to be a great one but all the stakeholders (Teachers, Administrators, Parents and the Students themselves) must keep student achievement at the forefront.

Posted September 28, 2004
I have three children that attend North Bend Elementary in grades K, 2nd, & 5th. This school, in my eyes, is one of the best the city has to offer. Ms. Shelton (Principal) and Mr. Ellis (Vice-Principal), make sure that this school is ran in a structured environment. The administration of this school is very accommodating to parents. They keep the parents abreast of their child's achievements. I'm confident in their ability to equip, instruct and instill my children with the best academic preparation available. This schools teaching staff provides effective teaching that is an interactive process in which they provide our students with opportunities for learning to broaden their minds. This school + active participating parents = children with the knowledge they need to be an individual that will excel in life and achieve goals. This school receives two thumbs up!

North Bend Elementary/Middle School
181 North Bend Rd, Baltimore, MD  21229
Last modified North Bend Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Bend Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top