Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Maree Garnett Farring Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2016
Despite many obsticals such as being more than 200% over capacity shamefully underfunded and limited community support they still move forward and support their students

Maree Garnett Farring Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Mr. Johnson is very devoted to his students and treats parents with respect and compassion. He also advocates for our school and is a wonderful mentor to new teachers.

Posted December 22, 2013
Maree Garnett needs serious instructiuonal structure, the Office itself is continuously in disarray ,Children are being Bullied even the School Nurse stated 5 Children came from 1 classroom saying they were sick ,when infact her conversation with me was "There is a pattern going on, when 5 kids from the same class are upset with even going to School,i I have addressed this issue several times,with the School, to no avail nothing is being done, as for the lunchroom, the supervision is minnimal I stood by several times just watching what goes on, the kids not only are treated with no respect but also are rushed to eat their food in a manner to which its impossible for them,the staff in the office is always either belittleling Children, very noisy making comments about Parents the structure and Guidence in the School is the worst ive ever seen. Some Teachers know that some of the Children are having their belongings stolen and when you address the Teacher her answer is oh I didnt know that after they have been told numerous times, what this School needs is more dedicated and respectful Staff, Teachers who care,Office staff that listen ,they should start paying attention!

Posted December 19, 2013
Maree G. Farring Elementary/Middle School This school is a pathetic example of what public education should be. Extremely overcrowded classrooms, teachers and a principal that are there strictly to collect a paycheck. No one cares that the children are under supervised and not being educated as they should be. They bend the rules to fit their own needs, cover their own behinds anyway necessary and the Board of Education looks the other way. Unlocked doors, breakfast and lunches not what they are supposed to be according to state approved menus, lack of books...I can't afford private school. If I could, my children would not be attending this horrible waste of taxpayer money. I am trying to stay involved, to make a difference..but I feel like it's a losing battle. Home schooling is my only other alternative and it's looking better and better with each passing day. Where can we turn to make this school safe and appropriate for all the students? Yes, it's in a poor neighborhood, Title I school. But don't all children deserve a decent education in the best environment we can provide ? These educators get paid EXTRA to be employed in the city !

Posted October 11, 2013
This school is the worst!!! The staff is not personable, they are rude, class rooms are overcrowded, not enough extracurricular activities, and the food is horrible. My kids hate this school just as much as I do. My child was sick and I sent a friend to check him out, the office staff didn t ask for ID, didn t ask to sign the book to check him out, and my son left out the office with no one even questioning who the lady was. Worst school in Baltimore City!

Posted July 16, 2013
Is in dire need of guidance for the staff member. This school's staff members need people skills. The principle has an attitude that sets the pace for her staff, which is negative toward the parents, students, and guest. This school needs to be evaluated.

Posted June 07, 2013
Ms. Zant/Ross is rude and abusive to the children!!! And the principal DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!

Posted August 12, 2012
I can only say that this school needs to get the Office staff together, you cannot even walk in the Office and be greeted there is so much noise ni Leadership no direction, its very sad there truly!Also the lunch area aids who are suppose to be there to assist you have had several children who were actually choking on a piece of food a kindergen child and was punished for yelling that she really had something in her throat. now either they get new staff that actually care about our liitle children and even the big ones who try so hard with not enough recognition! They have no recess for these kids no Gym maybe a few minutes of activity maybe!!! I suggest they get it together and terminate the ones who really are not there for our kids they know who they are. I will also be sending this e mail to Dept of Education then maybe we will see a change and the playing in the office will end,How about we concern ourselves with the kids we put in your care for 6 hours a day? That would be a plus

Maree Garnett Farring Elementary School 5

Posted March 12, 2012
Ms. Ross doesn't daily verbally abuses children . The principal does acknowledge the kids who do so well. The kids I know love it there and this school is a nice school Mrs.Bewster is kind and care as well as Mrs,Ross.They were there when attend school there I am junior in high school now.Mrs.Ross got me through some dificult times that I was going though while attend that school.The teacher let me stay after school extra help and made feel like they care with so much support. The office staff is amazing they help out alot when I just recantly went for a vist. I don't know all this negative comments are but they are wrong.The staff is friendly and amazing people just choice to take some of things people say in a different content.The princiable runs a school of corse she don't have time to talk to parents its called make an appointment .My nephew has adhd and goes to that school and reveices all the help he needs.My nephew is a sickly child and give him all the help he needs .THis is a great school i love it.

Maree Garnett Farring Elementary School 5

Posted July 05, 2011
All of my children have attended Maree G. Farring Elementry. I find that it is a great school with staff that really cares for its students.

Maree Garnett Farring Elementary School
300 Pontiac Ave, Baltimore, MD  21225
Last modified Maree Garnett Farring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.