Bad
Good

My son went to this school, and did great socially and academically for the most part. However, my 5 year old went there for kindergarten year, and it was a nightmare. teacher kept telling us there was something wrong with her - socially apparently she was too shy and couldn't make friends fast enough, and academically she was daydreaming a lot. Yes, my daughter is shy, but they never found an approach to her, and yes, she might daydream, but she was 5! My friends son got bullied in this school and the principal never did anything about it. This school is very keen on separating kids who do well academically from the kids who do not, from experience with my son, and my friends kids. My daughter was in the "bad list" from kindergarten, I am sure she would have been placed with "bad" kids for the 1st grade. Classes are over full. They want everyone to ride a bus, and are very unhappy if parents choose to drive their kids. Feels like a prison. We moved in summer, my daughter started a school in a different county - and oh my, what a difference! She bloomed both socially and academically.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school embeds a strong moral compass in their students which delivers care and compassion for their classmates. I notice my kids make school based decisions around what is best for their peers overall as a result.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have loved Seven Oaks! We have 2 kids there - both very bright but one with learning disabilities. The school has been well prepared to educate both and they have thrived.

Seven Oaks is an amazing school, my daughter will be going to 3rd grade next year and we have been so happy there, her Kindergarten and 1st grade teacher was Mrs. Webber and we loved her, she is very caring and she treats the students as they were her own kids, can't say enough good things about her. The office staff are great and the leadership staff is as amazing and helpful as they can be. We are very fortunate that my daughter goes to this school.

I can't say enough wonderful things about Seven Oaks. My daughter only completed Kindergarten there and a move transferred her to another area school. It's really been to our loss we are no longer at Seven Oaks. The leadership is wonderful and caring. I miss that so much as this is quite absent from the current school.

My son started at the school in the middle of the year due to our relocating to the area. From day one, the office staff treated him with so much respect and genuinely went out of their way to make him feel welcome and cared about! Then he met his teacher, Mrs. Hamlett. She is without a doubt, one of the best teachers we've ever met. She has a unique way of involving her students and they WANT to come to school every day! She gets them involved with life and nature. She nurtures them to start thinking on their own. She doesn't treat them like first graders. She treats them like little ladies and gentlemen and they want to act accordingly. His specialty teachers are wonderful to him also which has helped him to have a renewed respect for art, music and gym, not to forget the guidance department. I've never seen a more organized group of teachers anywhere! Mrs. Wingard, the principal, is to be commended for her part in bringing all of what is important to our students of the future. I know he is getting a quality education at her school and we're proud to say he's a student at Seven Oaks Elementary School!!

Seven Oaks is such an awesome school! We just moved to the area this year and my daughter has had a smooth transition from private school to Seven Oaks. I feel she's challenged more and there is a staff that cares more than we've experienced in private school. We are so blessed to have found a school as good as this one for our second grader. The security of the school is great and even the crossing guards genuinely care about the students. I would recommend this school for anyone.

I have nothing but great things to say about Seven Oaks Elementary. The staff really communicates nicely with the parents. People who attend this school and the staff really seem to care about the community. I wish every child could go to a school like this one. Our childrens futures depend on it!

My son initally has some issues with transitioning into the school but the teachers, counselors and other staff have worked to get him on track. He is now in 3rd grade and I'm proud to say he is an honor student.

My son went to this school for pre-k and kindergarten, with special needs, we just moved and I'm going to miss this school more than anything. I rate this school an easy 11!

Last modified Seven Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.