Bad
Good

Western Tech is a great school academically. Western is a magnet school. The courses are challenging, but not unbearably hard. I'm going there for Health Science and from what I heard, in 12th grade you get internships at local hospitals. Western is very small in size and cramped compared to other schools, still I picked Western over Carver. I do wish that Western would get new materials for the health science program though. Other than those couple things, western is my #1 choice for any student that wants to work in technology or environmental science. Western also has cosmetology and magnets such as culinary arts. To see all magnets, go to the Baltimore County Public Schools website (bcps.org) and search for this school.

Western Tech is overall a good school. If you're in the GT and AP classes, the expectations are high and the workload is great. But, the environment is scholarly. Everybody is really open minded and ready to learn. But, the honors and standard classes are a differen story. As a sophomore at Western, I'm in all GT and AP so I dont really know about the honors and standard classes, but I have a few friends in it and I have not heard good things. The students at Western are really understanding and very diverse. If you want to send your child here, dont even worry about their social life because the people they meet at Western are very fascinating. THere are a great range of teachers. Some of the teachers at Western expect a lot from you, and they will help you as much as possible to reach that expectation. Some examples are Ms.Young and Mr.Slepesky. Some teachers, on the other hand, don't help at all. Im in the IT magnet and I hate it so much. I was so excited about this magnet my freshman year and Mr.Foster ruined it. He can't teach or type to save his life and he has zero confidence in his work. Western is what you make of it and its really good if u want ur child to succeed.

Western School of Technology and Environmental Sciences exposes students to real life experiences and prepares them for college. The Culinary program, partnered with Skills USA, and Believe in Tomorrow Foundation is excellent. The Teacher and Parent relationship is good; I was impressed about how quickly teachers responded to my concerns. Kudos also to Baltimore County's Police presence at the school. The Prinicipal is "seen" taking an active leadership role and has a good repore with the majority of the students. I also appreciated the diversity of the student population.

My daughtr is a senior and attended private school majority of her years until high school. Western, by far is probably one of the best if not the best high schools in Baltimore County. The students are driven to achieve, without excuse. The teachers are committed to excellence at any cost. Your child will be prepared for college by the 11th grade, as evidenced in their stadardized test scores, grades, community involvement and over all self pride. Thank you Western for helping me to raise a scholar.

do this school lets you text and stuff in class/ during class and is the school real strict or is it loose . im in 7th grade and tryna find a school high school

I received my Diploma from Western Tech and was actually the first full graduating class. I received a great education and felt very prepared for the future when I left. The teachers were every dedicated and really cared about their students. I have gone on to have a very successful career and continued my higher education, with a MBA in Human Resource management and currently work in that field. I have Western Tech to thank in part for my success.

My daughter is a freshman and the school has been very supportive in her academic development. Teachers are available by email and offer coach class for difficult concepts. Very pleased thus far.

The entire school's staff REALLY cares about the students. As a family, the school provides a loving, supportive, encouraging, no-nonsense, full of expectations environment which has created a top high school in Baltimore County, Maryland!

My daughter attended Western for the express purpose of becoming a Nurse. Now, she just finished her Junior year and her Nursing Program is over. She worked at University of MD hospital. Sounds good. Now, she approaches her Senior year. No help from the school in pursuing Nursing. At Orientation, I asked how many students received internships at UMD and was told only one. What is the purpose of this program? My son was in the plumbing program at Western and obtained a job through the school and continued his education in that field through his Senior year. My daughter was told that she had to apply for 'Work Release' because she doesn't have a job in the medical field, but they offer her no help in finding a job in that field. I wouldn't recommend the Nursing Program to anyone.

WSTES is an excellent school. Our son is a rising sophomore and had a great freshman year. There are few behavior issues and the students are serious and focused on high achievement. It's a diverse population. The faculty and staff is top-notch. We are so please with the school and look forward to the next three years of our son's growth.

Last modified Western School Of Technology & Env. Science is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.