Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are likely to guide a visitor to where they need to go, hold the door for them (or each other, or a teacher), say "please, thank you and excuse me.... amazing kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Many of our teachers have won awards in their fields and have advanced degrees. Students do well on AP and HSA exams

Amount of homework: Agree

We seek to do what's best for the kids. Homework should be meaningful and this is stressed by all departments.

The students are super polite as students go. The faculty is collegial. The administration is very supportive of the school. It's quite competitive to get in. Where else can one go to learn a trade and take AP courses? Our kids are often able to pay for much of their college tuition through their trade.

Western Tech is a great school academically. Western is a magnet school. The courses are challenging, but not unbearably hard. I'm going there for Health Science and from what I heard, in 12th grade you get internships at local hospitals. Western is very small in size and cramped compared to other schools, still I picked Western over Carver. I do wish that Western would get new materials for the health science program though. Other than those couple things, western is my #1 choice for any student that wants to work in technology or environmental science. Western also has cosmetology and magnets such as culinary arts. To see all magnets, go to the Baltimore County Public Schools website (bcps.org) and search for this school.

Western School of Technology and Environmental Sciences exposes students to real life experiences and prepares them for college. The Culinary program, partnered with Skills USA, and Believe in Tomorrow Foundation is excellent. The Teacher and Parent relationship is good; I was impressed about how quickly teachers responded to my concerns. Kudos also to Baltimore County's Police presence at the school. The Prinicipal is "seen" taking an active leadership role and has a good repore with the majority of the students. I also appreciated the diversity of the student population.

My daughtr is a senior and attended private school majority of her years until high school. Western, by far is probably one of the best if not the best high schools in Baltimore County. The students are driven to achieve, without excuse. The teachers are committed to excellence at any cost. Your child will be prepared for college by the 11th grade, as evidenced in their stadardized test scores, grades, community involvement and over all self pride. Thank you Western for helping me to raise a scholar.

I received my Diploma from Western Tech and was actually the first full graduating class. I received a great education and felt very prepared for the future when I left. The teachers were every dedicated and really cared about their students. I have gone on to have a very successful career and continued my higher education, with a MBA in Human Resource management and currently work in that field. I have Western Tech to thank in part for my success.

My daughter is a freshman and the school has been very supportive in her academic development. Teachers are available by email and offer coach class for difficult concepts. Very pleased thus far.

The entire school's staff REALLY cares about the students. As a family, the school provides a loving, supportive, encouraging, no-nonsense, full of expectations environment which has created a top high school in Baltimore County, Maryland!

Last modified Western School Of Technology & Env. Science is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.