Bad
Good

Great principal, great teachers, great learning environment! Having seen two of my sixth grader's classes in person, I was truly amazed by the instructional quality and classroom poise of the teachers. I feel privileged to have my child in this school.

Arbutus Middle offers a variety of after school activities. The teachers are always willing to help the students whether it be from math homework to personal issues. The principal is on a constant journey to improve her school any way she can. Arbutus Middle also has two diverse language classes, Spanish and Chinese. AMS has great academic achievements for outstanding students. Students are given the opportunity to participate in a great deal of contests such as Patriot's Pen, Champions for Courage, the Math-A-Thon, Math24,and a Carver writing contest! The only thing that our school could honestly improve on is having a student voice group. Students in this school are so engaged, and they have wonderful ideas on how we could improve as a whole. It would be great to see those students do something about it, after all don't we teach them that they can make a difference if they so desire?

I was a student at AMS for all of my 3 middle school years and loved it! I made so many great friends at AMS and built incredible relationships with my teachers. All of the staff is so welcoming and friendly! Both the teachers and students of Arbutus Middle have great spirit; AMS is a tight knit school with an abundance of pride. I joined 5 various clubs at Arbutus which is only a small fraction of all the clubs available. My classes were the perfect mix of fun, yet challenging and by the end of my years at AMS I felt completely prepared for high school. My middle school experience was amazing and I will always consider myself to be an Arbutus Eagle!

My daughter has had a wonderful time at AMS. We were a little concerned at first because we had heard negative things in the past, but so much has changed since Ms. Feeney became principal. I can not find the words to describe how awesome she is and the teachers as well. The school offers many after school clubs and has an amazing music program. My daughter is even taking Chinese this year! My son is looking forward to going there next year as well.

I can not say enough about how impressed I have been with Arbutus Middle School! My daugther came there last year, from a private school that had closed. It was the BEST thing we could have done for her. The staff could not be more welcoming and comforting to her and us, her parents. She has done fantastic there, gotten straight A's, and is in GT classes! She is involved in the music program and Mr. H could not be a better teacher! She has developed wonderful frienships! The teachers and staff are really involved with the kids and I couldn't ask for more postive energy then we get from there. The principal is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I can honestly say that I will miss being involved at AMS after my daughter graduates this year! I pray that the staff is similar when my son gets to AMS a few years from now. THANK YOU FOR A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE AMS!!!!!

Love this school!!! My daughter have thrived in all areas. I have never been so impressed with the staff and dedication to the students.

My son has been a special needs student for two years and has had a great time. All the teachers have been helpful and supportive. The administration has also been supportive. Communication with the school is open and I hear from the staff regularly about both problems and successes. My daughter starts in the fall and I know she will have a good expereince as well.

I have two children at Arbutus Middle School and have been thrilled with the quality and care of teaching. My children were challenged academically and had a number of assignments that required creative and integrative thinking. The Principal is supportive and friendly and sets a terrific tone. I think Arbutus is a hidden jewel in Baltimore County. The teachers really care and do quite a bit with the resources they have. They also have some great afterschool clubs. Overall I think the strength of the schools is the teaching and administrative staff.

Have had three children go to Arbutus and have the same issues with faculty. Teachers are not interested in helping children when they need help, it's up to the parent to push for help when needed! And teachers don't let you know ahead of time that your child is having any problems until you recieve their report cards. Guidance is no help at all in follow ups with teachers.

The administration leaves more to be desired. Bullying is a tremendous issue at this institution and begins with the teachers, faculty and administrators to trickle down to the students. I removed my child from this school mid-year due to the lack of support and leadership.

Last modified Arbutus Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.