Bear Creek Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2013
We moved over holidray break 2012 into this school district. My daughter at first was not happy about the school because it was something new. I was surprised to find that the teacher she was assigned had a structured classroom and it wasn't just free play like her old class was set up. The teacher required the students start taking responsiblity for turning in their work, completing it timely and accurately and it wasn't just graded on if it was done or not. I did notice a few students that obviously were lagging behind but these students also seemed to be the ones that had little support at home as they rarely showed up with supplies, dressed properly or had parents dropping them off/picking them up and were also the ones that didn't turn in the work, or have a learning attitude. Now my daughter is in the first grade and has daily homework as well as weekly workbooks that need to be done and turned for proper grades. School seem to have come along way since i was in school and show they are trying to teach the kids instead of just being babysitters in the early grades.

Bear Creek Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
I heard nothing but good things about Bear Creek, so I was excited that my son would be starting kindergarten in the fall. Since this time I am unimpressed. My main problems are: My son is always missing papers. It appears his teacher does not check to make sure students have their homework. I have been told this is his responsibility. He is 5, come on now. Kindergartners are supposed to bring home sight words. Teacher was not giving new sight words even though the baggie was always in his book bag. I had to start making my own for me son. Now its towards the end of the year and the teacher has "concerns" because he doesn't know all the sight words. My son is always coming home with marker on his back. Clothes are expensive. Paperwork that is filled out for field trips are sent in and taken out of my sons book bag, yet two days later we get the paper work asking to be filled out AGAIN. I am just so frustrated with he lack of communication between teacher and parent. Not sure if its the teacher or the way the school is. My son seems to learn better on a one on one basis, but in his classroom, I really believe he is getting lost in the shuffle. :(

Posted February 08, 2012
We LOVE Bear Creek Elementary! I have 2 daughters and both of them went to school here. One daughter has graduated high school and my other daughter is currently attending 5th grade at Bear Creek. My daughter that graduated still talks about how much she loved this school and my younger daughter loves it just as much! The Principal and Vice Principal are top of the line professionals and get the job done! I love the fact that they have made Bear Creek a National Honors Society School I only wish my older daughter had the opportunities that my youngest daughter has with GT classes and National Honors Society. Keep up the great work!!! The Benkert/Sharpe Family.

Bear Creek Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2012
I also moved within the school boundaries so that my son could attend here. This is his third year in this school and I could not be happier with the choice I made. His teachers have been wonderful and nurturing. The principal and vice principal have been very attentive. And I've noticed the school improving every year (it's gone from a 5 to a 7 rating these past two years). They provide activities to engage the parents and diverse learning experiences for the children.

Bear Creek Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2010
The Staff is wonderful at Bear Creek Elementary.. I relocated to Dundalk just to ensure my three daughters were able to attend. The programs they have in place to help the students are wonderful. Communication is always open between the administration and parents. Can't beat this school!

Bear Creek Elementary School 1

Posted July 15, 2010
I have twin boys getting ready to start second grade. They have been at bear creek since Pre-K. I have brought up learning concerns with some of their teachers only to be basically ignored. I feel like the communication between school and parents need to improve. I also feel as though elementary school should be about learning and having fun, but the principle and assistant principle have basically taken away every fun activity. and all holidays. I remember elementary school as fun, but with bear creek their is nothing fun about school.

Posted August 13, 2009
the school is great i recommend it all the tim to friends. the only things i would change are the time in advance when they lt you know about awards and the graduation ceremonies ..there is none.

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted December 14, 2006
Bear Creek has provided a very productive and nurturing environment for my 8 year old daughter and my 6 year old son. My husband and I would not choose another elementary school for our children, because the staff and teachers ensure that every child learns to the best of his/her ability.

Posted July 06, 2006
This was my daughters first year in school. She is in the cals program. I found it to be a safe and loving place for her. I was very scared to let her grow up but as I have found out she is treated just as well in school as she is at home. The teachers are all very kind and caring they have taken care of my daughter as I would myself, and when she is sick they even take the time to call and check on her. I can't thank the teachers and staff at bear creek enough for allowing me the extra time to part from my daughter so I could see for myself that she be in good hands. I thank them all so very much.

Bear Creek Elementary School
1601 Melbourne Rd, Baltimore, MD  21222
Last modified Bear Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top