Posted December 16, 2014
We are pleased with Carney Elementary. The teachers and administrators are motivated and professional. They showed genuine interest in our kids and took the time to ensure that we had the best possible scholastic outcomes. A great school.

Posted April 21, 2014
My son is a third generation Carney student! We love the school, and the teachers. My son has special needs and they have been very helpful in making sure he gets the appropriate services.

Carney Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
I give craney a below average because of the new principal. She is unconcerned for her students and actually is quite rude. the office staff are very unfriendly and curt. No assistance is provided to parents in need.

Carney Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2013
Had a difficult time getting feedback from teachers on my child's progress. Teachers tend to be on the defensive too much. A new principle this year promised improvement, but so far just talk.

Carney Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
The staff is helpfull, the teachers are average and the principal below average. They used to have a 9 grading.

Carney Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2013
I really love this school and the teachers I've met. I agree that the front office staff is not friendly and warm. They make you feel like you're bothering them when you come in. In response to the parent below who said the principal should work on encouraging parents of all races to be involved in school activities and programs, I have seen first hand how uninvolved parents of ALL races are at Carney. I've attended the general PTA meetings where parents have an open forum to address concerns, and been one of about ten people there. Either the principal or vice principal are always at the meetings and encourage new ideas for parent involvement.

Carney Elementary School 3

Posted December 27, 2012
I like the teachers at Carney as they seem geniunely concerned about the students academic achievement. The principal and office staff are very unfriendly. The principal should work on encouraging parents of all races to be involved in school activities and programs since Carney is a diverse school.

Carney Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2012
i dont like this school.they are trying give a hard time.i hate school staff..they are not usa president

Posted March 11, 2012
Carney is a great school! I love the new Principal & asst Principal and the school is growing by leaps and bounds. The PTA is very dedicated and the parents are very involved. A lot of the teachers are signing up for online grades as well. This is our first year doing online grades, and I love it! I would highly recommend Carney to anyone!!

Posted September 01, 2011
The new pricipal at Carney is amazing. The love and concern for her students and staff is aparent in all that she does. My oldest child graduated from fifth grade last year and I have four of my other children still attending. I am so proud to be a Carney mom.

Carney Elementary School
3131 East Joppa Rd, Baltimore, MD  21234
Last modified Carney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carney Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top