Baltimore, MD
Students enrolled: 1,755

Posted March 30, 2011
We can't say enough about how wonderful CHS has been for our daughter. She missed several weeks of school while hospitalized and the teachers communicated with us quite a bit. One teacher (Mrs. Wack) even volunteered to bring her homework to our house. The administration and teachers do a superb job. The many activities help the students develop their interests; the Model UN and Model Congress were highpoints in our daughter's high school career. She is now a Junior and although she looks forward to graduation at the end of next year, she will miss her teachers, friends, and the wonderful classes. Great job CHS!

Catonsville High School 2

Posted January 10, 2011
this school is terrible. although it is diverse, the class setup is rediculous. they have 4 classes in the beginning and 4 in the end, this is a problem because in some cases the students have a year or more apart from their next class. for example if i had algebra 1 first semester i might get algebra 2 the second semester of the next year. so 1 whole year without any math. how can you expect to remember something from a year ago? and changing classes at this school is a joke. half of the time your class cannot be changed due to over crowded classes. i would suggest that if your son or daughter is not amazing at school do not send them there. it is a set up to fail

Posted August 31, 2009
CHS is all good in my book. Outstanding academics, athletics for all levels of participants, and an excellent music and drama department. The teachers and administrators really care about the students at CHS and it shows. One of my (now graduated) children received early acceptance and scholarship money to some of the top engineering schools in the nation. My other child has just graduated and is persuing a 4 year business degree on an academic scholarship.

Posted April 14, 2009
CHS is an amazing school. We have incredible school spirit, in fact spirit week is the most anticipated and craziest time of the year. CHS has some of the best teachers who clearly know what they are teaching. CHS also is one of few schools that continue the Japanese language program for students who attended sudbrook Magnet Middle School. We have many choices in clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities. As of last year, we changed principles. Though she is not liked personally by many students, she is fair and will hopefully improve our admins. (or administration can be a bit lazy)

Posted December 20, 2008
I am a freshman this year and I think the c-school is great. The teachers are great and its all around a good school.

Posted October 14, 2006
Wow, are we ever lucky that our daughter , who is now a junior, is a student at Catonsville. She is receiving a superb education! Way to go!

Posted September 19, 2006
I can't say enough about this high school. It does not amaze me that it continues to be considered one of the best high schools in the nation according to Newsweek Magazine. They continue to offer an intensive quality of academic programs, including the AP program. The teachers are 2nd to none, and really push these kids to excel more than they would at another school, in my opinion. The principal is a class act, and has provided for an extremely safe environment and I think truly cares about each and every one of his students. There are many extracurricular activities, so there is no reason why a kid can't get involved in something he/she may enjoy. You will be amazed at the level of performance the music directors get out of all the band, orchestra & choral students. Parent involvement very cherished at this school.

Posted February 16, 2006
My daughter was the valedictorian of the Class of 1999. The Advanced Placement courses at CHS are the best. As a young person with the disability of severe hearing loss, she was able to strive forward and achieve so much in that environment. The wonderful teachers enjoyed challenging and encouraging her to go the extra mile, to make the extra effort to achieve. Art and music programs are great at CHS: the National Arts Honors Society, the fun Edible Art Show, the orchestra and the Steel Drum band. Our daughter brought much to the school to work with -- her own determination and drive -- but CHS teachers and staff were there to work with her and guide her. Not only was she the valedictorian of her class but a National Merit finalist and winner of a full scholarship to the college of her choice. ***CHS*** 100 years of excellence!

Catonsville High School 4

Posted December 07, 2005
Great GT progam with dedicated teachers in the majority.

Catonsville High School 4

Posted April 04, 2005
I have had 3 children go through CHS and am very pleased. Teachers & sports & clubs are all excellent. Many changes since I went there 30 years ago! There is so much to offer the kids now--really something for everyone. Lots of community & parental involvement. I highly recommend Catonsville High School.

421 Bloomsbury Ave, Baltimore, MD  21228
Last modified Catonsville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catonsville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top