Chadwick Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted July 17, 2014

Straight to the point. Gave 4 stars because no teacher assistance in classroom and there are 25 children that were in my child classroom last year. However agree with other post very very good staff.Another issue is uniforms...put the children in uniform look more structured and less peer pressure as they get older when dealing with peer pressure. Because no teacher assistant considering taking my child out and putting in private sector. Not asking for my child to be the smartest but dont want my child left behind front the lack of help and attention while in class.

Posted April 17, 2014

A National Blue Ribbon School... This school is WONDERFUL... The array of diverse students work very hard and are challenged to be their Best!!!

Posted April 17, 2014

I love this school... my children are learning so much. The students come first, the teachers and staff are excellent. The only thing I would change is that they enforce wearing uniforms!

Posted December 15, 2013

Chadwick ES is the best school that I ever send my children. Their are a lot of competitive learning while having fun. I recommend this school to parents out there.

Posted August 28, 2013

My son has attended Chadwick since PreK and recently entered the 1st Grade this year & I must say I am impressed daily. Teachers, Staff, Curriculum, Students in a whole is a positive atmosphere! The teachers and staff are very attentive & patient and always put your childs best interest and safety as top priority. Only thing I would change is that they enforce a dresscode such as wearing uniforms! :-)

Posted November 11, 2011

My children attend this school and I love them being there. My daughters are both gifted and talented and they are continuously challenged and met at their levels. Their teachers are excellent and have incredible leaders in their principal and vice principal. It is a diversely attended school. My children have met other children from various cultures and have learned so much from this environment. There is really so much to say about this school, but to sum it up in three words they would be: Challenging Engaging Excellence

Posted August 24, 2011

I went to chadwick for 5th grade . I joined in the middle of the year like for 2nd quater and I was really suprised how nice the teachers were and the students fit me in and counted me in everything. Chadwick is a really great school and Ms ednie and mr. farley were the best teachers

Posted March 29, 2010

WOW....I have have nothing but PRAISES for Chadwick Elementary. After taking my child out of private school I was a little apprehensive to send him to public school. I couldn't be more pleased with Chadwick. Each & EVERY teacher he has is EXCELLENT!!! Their learning curricular is right on target & pushes the kids to succeed. There are many extra-curricular activites for the children to participate in. The teachers are in tune with each child on an individual basis and really prepares them for middle school. I can't believe I doubted public schools. I only hope I can get these same standards as my child goes on to middle school!

Posted May 17, 2009

I love this school! The principal is great. The teachers are great! My kids tell me that the principles are always in their classrooms. I bought a home in this area just because I waned my three kids to go to this school. The classes are challenging and the whole school tries to make kids feel like champions.

Posted May 1, 2006

This is an excellent school. I wish other parents would comment on how superb they are here. The teachers are extremely helpful and the students are respectful. Even the crossing guards are pleasant. The nurse knows the kids by name, and Ive found that most of the teachers try to practice that same ritual. The secretaries are very helpful and understanding (to the kids as well). Im very happy I moved to this area years ago and this is my daughters zone school~ Wish this school went to 12 grade!

Posted June 16, 2004

I currently have a daughter attending Pre-K @ Chadwick. My daughter only attendeds class for 2 1/2 hrs each day, yet I am amazed at how much she learns each day . I've witnessed the teachers come together for various activities, including pick-up after school. The principal and teachers are extremely pleasant at Chadwick. The school area is well kept. You can see that the older students of Chadwick are almost trained to be leaders to the young students and It gives me peace of mind knowing they are cautious also.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 34% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 78%N/A42%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1918 Winder Rd