Bad
Good

DMS is a great school i love going there. I have never seen or heard about anyone in our school get bullied and yes there is drama but everyone gets along. A lot of people will talk to pretty much anybody which is great because then no one ever feels left out. we have very nice and fun teachers. All teachers let us come at lunch for extra help if needed and most teachers let you come at unch just to hang out which is a lot of fun. In 7th grade you have a science feld trip to the Baltimore Zoo (a lot of fun bwt). In 8th grade you have a "ship Trip" (you will learn more about that if you go to DMS). Another great thing that the Forigen Language program does is every year the 8th graders either go to spain or France, no matter what language you take you can go!! Over all DMS is a wonderful school not just with education but with friends also i felt a sence of welcome in 6th grade, i did not know one person but just in the first week i was being invited to parties and creating friendships that will last forever with boys and girls! i love my Dumbarton family and we have so much fun together. They are rennovating soon and it has improved greatly in the past 5 years(reading commemt 08)!

Dumbarton Middle School is the best school EVER. Yes, there is alot of drama but that's what Middle School's middle name, lol. I mean, you see people talking about the language people use, some people wasn't raised like you in the same environment. If there are ANY 5th graders going in to 6th grade and joining the Dumbarton Family all the advice I have is to just stick through Middle School ALONE. Have NOBODY in your business, nobody to argue with, and nobody to "dislike". The teachers are polite if you ever need anyone to go to. The students, eh. I will admit when I went to Dumbarton I started to fail, around 2nd quarter my grades zoomed up. For one reason only, I dropped all my friends. Ya, I sat alone at lunch, but I sat there studying and doing my homework. Dumbarton is a GREAT school, try it out. I'm sure you'll like it.

In the short time that my son is in Dumbarton have noticed the great interest in learning the language and other subjects. Reviewing the information dela website I am very satisfied with the profile of the school and educational capacity presented to the community. Thank you for allowing my child to progress in the educational and human and I hope to be with you soon.

I have been SO impressed with this school thus far! My daughter came from a very unorganized elementary school on another side of Baltimore County. I am so happy to see my daughter enjoying school and learning again.

Dumbarton is a great, amusing, and unforgettable school to attend. I am currently an eighth grader at the school and I have enjoyed all three years. Dumbarton s Esol program, music program, and general learning are great preparation for high school. Negative things at the school that I would change are the amount of stereotypical bullying and cliques; these things tend to stay to a minimal and tend to not interfere with learning. But over all I would recommend Dumbarton to anyone who wants to prepare for high school in the approved manner.

Excellent faculty and staff. A new progressive, excellent principal will only make an already strong middle school even better (fall 2010). Lots of children of area professors and international students with a "world view" as opposed to the narrower perspective of area private schools. The GT program especially in math and science cannot be beat. A great example of public schools that "work."

GreatSchools gives typical high mark to this 'high-performing' school, which is blessed with students who score well on standardized tests. This school -- and nearly every sought-after school -- is rated highly because it has good students. It does not have good students because it earns a high rating. The principal is poor, typical of a Maryland public school with a good reputation. The principle receives little pressure due to the school's reputation, and county school administration has no incentive to move this principal to a 'needy' school. As a result, bad teachers at Dumbarton, while relatively scarce, are slow to turn over. Find out who they are and avoid them, and your kid should do fine here.

The wildness and bullying,(not to mention bad language) has hit it's highest. Once when I had to get my binder from a class that was in session, I was instantly harassed by the students, the teacher who was present at the moment took no action.

As a former student I have known the school for three years. As far as safety is concerned, there are many fights, lots of bullying, and a good bit of exclusion. Otherwise, the teachers are great and they help the students develop independence, responsibility, and life skills. The music and foreign language problems are particularly strong. There are some filler courses thought. A fun-filled place that I didn't ever want to leave.

it's bad just HORRIBLE. I went here as a child and they have not changed the building at all in 24 years. The school is overcrowded. My daughter came from a loving, well-executed elementary school and this change shocked her, the children who go to this school are quite unfortunate. I would put my daughter in private school, put we just don't have the money.

Last modified Dumbarton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.