Posted September 26, 2013
My child is in the first grade at DES. I have been lucky enough to be able to spend a lot of time at the school in the last 2 yrs and have gotten to know a lot of the staff. I have found that they really care about each child as an individual and they take a great deal of time helping and making sure each child is successful. They are very helpful when it comes to letting you know exactly what your child is doing in school which I find very comforting. I have loved our first 2 years at DES and am thankful my child gets to be apart of this school.

Posted September 26, 2007
The teachers and admin staff are the best, my child has learned so much and feels very safe at Des. keep up the good work.

Posted May 29, 2007
My child is in the fifth grade at DES this year and we are absoluely thrilled with the school. All of our children have come through this school and this is by far the best year we've had. The teachers are kind, caring, and well-organized. I feel my son has made an incredible amount of progress this year and it's due to the excellent staff! This year's trips have been great, and the students have had many opportunities to do new things.

Dundalk Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2006
My child is in fourth grade and until this year I have been very satisfied with the quality of his education and with the teachers he has been in contact with. This year is a different story. I am very disatisfied with the staff and the way things are coordianted for the students. On a recent visit to the school for a field trip, I found the main office staff to be VERY rude which has been the case since the beginning of the school year. The field trip was poorly coordinated and the children were not allowed to have lunch during the field trip. The children were made to go without food from the time we arrived at school at 8:20 until the time we arrived back from the trip, 1:45. DES needs major inprovements in their staffing.

Dundalk Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2005
i can not understand why prisoners have air conditioners yet inside this UN air conditioned school on a hot day it reaches temps well above a hundred it's worse then leaving a child locked in a car i feel as the principle sits in her nice cool office while the kids suffer so she should get off her but and demand something for these children call the Governor invite him to spend the day there on a hot day people who come in say they are going to pass out such as the people who came in to take the children's pictures on picture day shame on the school for not taking a stand on this for these innocent children but are the first to say awe how sad when a child is left in a hot car

Posted November 30, 2004
I have to say 'great job' to all of the teachers at des. I have 3 children who have attended des since pre-k and now 5 yrs later are honor roll students. They each have only come home to say great things about their teachers as if they were part of another family. You can not ask for anything more important for your children and it is such a great feeling knowing that they have been taught 'the right way'! great job des.

Posted September 12, 2004
I have to say huge improvements have been made at des the last few years. A new administration and a new round of teachers has brought a fresh outlook and great changes here. My daughter has moved on to middle but my son is just starting. I'm looking forward to working with a quality group of educators for the next 7 years.

Dundalk Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2004

Posted August 07, 2004
- a former student
I had a great time in elementary schools. The teachers are of high quality, and are very attentive to students' needs. Thanks DES!

Posted August 03, 2004
My child has attended DES for three years. The school has helped to bring her reading and math skills up to grade level. This year she has finally been able to feel succesful in school. I feel the school has really made an improvement in my childs life. We have always been pleased overall with the quailty of the staff and the school itself.

Dundalk Elementary School
2717 Playfield St, Baltimore, MD  21222
Last modified Dundalk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dundalk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.