Posted January 06, 2014
I graduated from ETHS in 2005 and I have nothing but good things to say about this school. I majored in Communications, Multimedia & Design which taught me about video, graphic design and flash programs. This was great experience and helped me excel at a 4 year university. The teachers were hard on you but thats what they did to prepare you for college. Yes some of the policies are odd and strict but it will be the best choice for your child yet! I plan to send my child to there as well!

Posted September 24, 2013
We've had 2 kids in this school. Overall I am pleased with the teachers and the classes knowing that the county mandates some very odd policies and class requirements. Our experience with the teachers has been very positive as most are very motivational and interact above and beyond the call of duty. What could be changed within the school would include: 1. an openess to community college as an avenue into a degreed program. This may well be some of our kids only course to a prohibitively expensive goal. To scorn it is to lose it - I do know students who have opted to get into the workforce rather than pursue "the lowly" community college. 2. Kids who have not had the opportunity to play club level sports seem to be overlooked in at least one school program. We have seen some clear indications of favoritism with regards to making a team or getting play time.

Posted July 29, 2012
When I applied to ET; I, like many of their current applicants believed that it was an upstanding school. I have had teachers that are very dedicated and good at what they do, however it seems that they are being overriden by teachers who either don't want to do their job, give very little work at all, and make the little work they do give worth a big part of your grade for that class. I've also had teachers who overbear you with work and homework without giving much instruction, and when you ask for any type of assistance they ignore and neglect you. On top of that they are the same teachers who don't offer extra credit. To add on to that, when I notified my parents of a specific teacher that I was having issues with; they tried emailing this teacher, however the teacher didnt respond to their emails. When my parents tried to schedule a meeting with this teacher and an administrator they were given the run around. Even when hundreds of other students were having problems with this teacher, nothing was done. The principal finally found out about the situation with the teacher during the last days of school, when it was due for the teacher to retire.

Posted January 18, 2012
I am a current student at Eastern Tech and I feel that they are not really teaching us. I feel they are cramming us with information just to pass tests. I have a test every day of every week. They don't even gives us time to learn the material. It is very, very hard. If your reading this and coming to Eastern realize that saying to yourself "I am going to study everyday" is not going to cut it. Almost everyone I know in Allied Health has some kind of anxiety, either it's about taking quiz/test or trying to balance studying time. Every class in Allied Health is important and they are not easy. There is no "easy class". They want you to get involved in extra-curricular studies, but it seems impossible to me because my entire life basically revolves around homework. I wake up at 6:00am and literally do homework till 11:00pm. Not once do I have a chance to sit down and relax for 30min and just hang out. Most of my teachers, like I said, just cram me with information and are not actually teaching me. More and more I see all of this testing intruding in my learning time. Everyday, I question my decision to come here. Is it really worth it?

Posted November 15, 2011
The school has excellent teachers. most of the class sizes are on the small side. it also offers many things other schools don't such as the chinese program. the bad things are the school is in pretty bad shape they definetly could use a new campus. its sports program is stunning because it doesnt event have a track or fields for the teams to practice on yet they are still successful. unfortunantly the principle is only concerned about the sports and academics are secondary. the worst offense is it doesnt offer activity busses so after school clubs are not existent also the school lunches are absolutly horrible i can barely eat them, their lunch program needs an overhaul.

Posted July 13, 2011
I went to this school all four years of my high school career. It was by far the best choice I could have made. I was accepted into all three of the magnet high schools to which I applied, but chose Eastern. I played on the football team all four years, and went through the Automotive Technology program. The school's staff and teachers are among the best in the nation. The teachers are really involved with the students. My Automotive teacher was a Master Technician, and was not only a mentor to me, but also taught me almost everything I know. Eastern Tech stands tall and proud over other high schools in the area, and I have so many fond memories of that school. The workload seemed to be a bit much, and would often have me staying up late hours of the night, trying to fit in studying, homework, school, and football. But in the end, I came out much more prepared and motivated than did students from other high schools in general. The school's academia is stellar, and the sports programs are recognized state-wide. I couldn't ask for a better high-school experience.

Posted August 11, 2010
I have been very happy with ET. My daughter is excelling very well. They have excellent teachers and staff. It has been challenging and fun for my daughter.

Posted May 25, 2010
My child is now a junior at ET. We transferred from a private school and I have been pleased beyond my expectations. The principal, teachers, nurse, etc. are caring and approachable.

Posted May 19, 2010
ETHS is great for the typically highly motivated college-bound student but is in no way equipped to handle those others - no matter how smart they may be - that present challenges of any kind. It is more of a "private" public school, preferring to accommodate only those who present the correct image -Eastern's hand-picked status - despite being supported by the same public taxpayer funds by which every other public school in the state is supported., Remember IDEA? I wonder if they do.

Eastern Technical High School 3

Posted January 27, 2010

Eastern Technical High School
1100 MacE Ave, Baltimore, MD  21221
Last modified Eastern Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern Technical High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.