Edmondson Heights Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 497 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 24, 2013

Edmondson Heights Elementary School is full of energetic students hungry for knowledge. Our teachers work hard everyday to ensure our students are getting the education they need so they can be ready for the next level.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 20, 2011

This school definitely needs some major work. The attitudes of the staff leave a lot to be desired. If you have a child that attends this school, please go check constantly to see what is going on. I guess since most of the teachers are so young, they forget that this should be a positive environment for children ot learn. A school is only as good as its leadership. You can not expect to get positive results out of a negative enviroment. I encourage visitation to this school to see what's going on.

Posted August 11, 2010

My issue with this school is the noisy class rooms how do you expect childern to learn there are some childern that do want this the new teachers arenot trained they holler at the childern some childern are disrespectfully I hope that this matter can be taken care of this school year

Posted March 9, 2010

I loved my son's teacher in Kindergarten and I love what he was learning. I had issues with my son coming home telling me how disrespectful some of the children were causing a lot of class disruption. I had a teacher tell me due to lack of sleep, chldren were falling asleep in class many days. I asked the school not to provide my child with candies except for rare occasions for parties or Holidays. My 5 year old continued to come home with candies that the teachers have given him so I pulled him out of the school. Having a good diet in school is important part of a child's learning process. I can't understand why they sell JUNK foods in the cafteria too and then they wonder why the children are super hyper in class or diagnosed with diabetes in early stages of their life. GO FIGURE!

Posted July 29, 2009

This school is awsome my soon has been going here science kindergarten now he will be going to middle school but now we are sending our son her for kindergarten the whole staff is wonderful

Posted August 21, 2007

I absolutely love this school! We moved here in Feb 2007 and I wouldn't want my son at any other school!! The staff is so helpful and they respond quickly to questions I have as the parent! Thank you for being so outstanding!!

Posted September 23, 2006

This is my daughters first year at this school. I have to admit that initially I was a little leery about the school, during the first week they lost her information and things just seemed a bit unorganized. However as the year is moving along my comfort level is increasing I am very pleased with her teacher Ms. Hughes and I'm just trying to be patient and see how things unfold, they do have a new principal and new administrators so I am expecting to see some change. The school is old and could use some renovations and it is a little rowdy at times so I just try to stay involved and hope that things fall into place by the end of the school year.

Posted June 9, 2006

I am sorry to say, but this school is the worst my 3 kids have attended. The children there are loud and disrespectful. The school is very dirty and disorganized, from the moment you walk in, you can sense the chaos that goes in day in out. My children have been bullied, harrassed, and treated inferior by others. This is a shame considering this is happening at the elementary school level. My children's self esteem has suffered a great decline. The cafeteria at is loud and chaotic, not even teachers and supervisors have control of the children at lunch time. Overall, I am sorry and sad that my children ever attended this school, and I am doing everything in my power to transfer them somewhere else. No extracurricular activities, sports, and almost no PTA involvement. There is no racial diversity and anyone coming in who is different will be an outcast.

Posted March 27, 2005

My child is now in 7th grade and used to go to this school, I believe that this is the last school that you should send your child to. This school is not diciplined, is dirty, lunches are terrible, and most students are below grade level, which was holding my child back, because she was and still is above grade level, and has been all throughout her life. she never got to learn the things she should, everything was just to easy for her because they had to keep on reviewing and reviewing. The teacher quality could be much better. The only good teachers at this school, in my opinion, are Mrs. Creighton, the kindergarden teacher, and Mrs. Benjamin, a 5th grade teacher. But yet most public schools are, so go to private. Much Better academic skills

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian 1% 6%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 73%N/A40%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1600 Langford Rd