Baltimore, MD

Elmwood Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2012
My kids have attended Elmwood Elem for 2 yrs so far. Pre K was wonderful, K was ok, but I am hoping for an improvement this year. My main concern is the building and maintence of the school which I believe could be greatly improved. We'll see how it goes this year, but I am pretty happy with the teachers so far so I guess it could be worse. I think kids deserve to learn in up-to-date buiildings that are kept clean throughout the day, but I grew up going to PA schools that were always kept up.

Elmwood Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2012
Fullerton elementary school is only less than a mile from Elmwood, yet its rating is 5 compared to former which is 10. Principals of other schools whose ratings are bad [1-6], should consult M/s Biscoe, Susan, about how they can improve their respective school ratings. Take tips, follow the reaching methodology, how they motivate kids, make them work hard, what is their incentive for kids to perform better???

Posted April 24, 2010
the teachers , staff and PTA are wonderful... They are always there for our kids and have good commnication with the parents

Posted February 01, 2010
I have three children currently attending this school. It has been warm and caring with wonderful teachers. I give great credit to the teachers for their patience, support, fairness and attention they display towards their students. My kids have been challenged and pushed to do their best consistently. The PTA does an amazing job of fundraising and activities for the children. This school is a community where kindness and respect are upheld to the fullest. The same can be said for the curriculum. It has been a wonderful place for my children to spend their days and I am pleased that they are able to be part of the same school I attended when I was their age.

Posted August 10, 2009
My child attends Elmwood , Unfortunately I think the school needs serious restructuring for the teachers. Remember the focus should always be placed on the 'students'

Posted March 12, 2009
My son has been going to elmwood since pre-k and now a 1st grader. My son receives a high quality of education. This school is the best. The staff and the students are great. Theres no foul language through the halls and teachers and staff are polite and helpfull. I have no complaints I am happy to say that my son is getting an outstanding education at elmwood. However its unfortunate that I have recently moved out of the zone area and now I am forced to remove my son and enroll him in our new zone school Walter P. Carter. But I will try my hardest to fight that decision because I only want whats best for my son.

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted March 19, 2008
What difference does it make if there are Black staff members? I am Black and I am only concerned with the quality of education my child will recieve from his teacher's be them Black, White or Yellow!! That's what's wrong with society now too caught up on color!!

Posted February 13, 2006
- a administrator
As we hire staff members when vacancies arise, we strive to achieve diversity, but insist on hiring the best candidate. Our student achievement continues to improve.

Posted December 28, 2005
My daughter has been at Elmwood since kindergarten. The only Black teacher is the music teacher. Even the teacher interns have all been white. Even with a Black principal for my daughter's first 4 years, the number of Blacks on the instructional staff did not increase. What's wrong with this picture? Where's the diversity?

Elmwood Elementary School
531 Dale Ave, Baltimore, MD  21206
Last modified Elmwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elmwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top